Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What is wrong with the site? (Please read updated post #1)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

Seems to happen every Sunday

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,289 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Overheal wrote: »
    The really annoying thing is I've been told 87 times today that I have an unread PM from you......

EDIT - make that 88

• Registered Users Posts: 83,085 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Beasty wrote: »
    The really annoying thing is I've been told 87 times today that I have an unread PM from you......

EDIT - make that 88

Oh should I stop sending those

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 302 ✭✭Muscles Schultz

Errors all over the gaff again. Anyone give a sh1te?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,432 ✭✭✭Tork

Looks like Boards either doesn't have the money or the manpower to have somebody keep an eye on things over bank holiday weekends.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 86,510 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Now new posts and new threads missing

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,862 ✭✭✭un5byh7sqpd2x0

I’m getting PMs every 15 minutes telling me that my 3 day ban from Travel has been automatically lifted.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,686 ✭✭✭Signore Fancy Pants

It's fcuked.

The whole thing is fcuked.

Even got some errors while reporting posts saying ‘You can’t report posts you can’t see.’ Erm. Is that a riddle.
    I’m getting PMs every 15 minutes telling me that my 3 day ban from Travel has been automatically lifted.

Unfortunately those don’t stack and aren’t redeemable later ;)

I managed to pick up an infraction this morning despite the site being on the blink :D

• Advertisement

It's fcuked.

The whole thing is fcuked.

It's a bit like the Covid at this stage.

I'm refreshing the page after 5 failed attempts and beginning to accept that this is the "new normal"

I know the site is probably run on a shoestring but if there is some budgetary issue, tell us, and I bet people would donate.

Error: “You cannot edit a post you cannon see.”

It’s MY post!
    Tork wrote: »
    I managed to pick up an infraction this morning despite the site being on the blink :D

Aye we can still mod through the timey whimeys

• Registered Users Posts: 10,445 ✭✭✭✭thesandeman

That's so they can put you into two weeks quarantine when you go back.

Posts disappearing and reappearing. Very hard to post when you can't be sure you're seeing the most up to date version of the thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,235 ✭✭✭✭km79

All over the place this morning

It's like having a flux capacitor with a glitch, each time you press F5 you end up either before the last post or after!

I’m wondering did something really important happen on 31st July and we’re all being sent back there continuously until we realise what it was! :D

Guys, is it time to move boards over to one of those newer technologies mentioned earlier in the thread? I don't know what sort of work your staff do during the week but I have a feeling they're fire-fighting to keep the site afloat. The evidence of what happens when there is nobody at the wheel is plain to see when it comes to a long weekend like this one.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,964 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

Tis fierce broken today. Can't be sure how many new posts in my followed threads there are, or if a post I've made has saved or not. And I keep getting my followed threads page showing info from a few days ago.

No double time available for staff today?

• Registered Users Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

I’m wondering did something really important happen on 31st July and we’re all being sent back there continuously until we realise what it was! :D

It's the new Groundhog Day.

• Advertisement

:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,826 ✭✭✭Truthvader

Seems to be endless problems which are never resolved while huge effort is devoted to mods policing free speech - particularly anything critical of Green Party policies.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,285 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

Truthvader wrote: »
    Seems to be endless problems which are never resolved while huge effort is devoted to mods policing free speech - particularly anything critical of Green Party policies.

Mods are not involved in the behind the scenes administration of the website. We also do not advertise our political affiliations (if any). If you've experience of mods who are patently using their forums to push agendas that have nothing whatsoever to do with the subject matter of their forums- or shutting down entirely reasonable discussions which are on subject, relevant and within the remit of the charters governing posting in the forum- there are mechanisms in place to bring your concerns to the attention of category moderators and/or administrators who will impartially examine your claims.

To me, it appears that one of the servers in the cluster has stopped syncing with the others, so this means that if you end up on the "stuck" one, you're seeing a snapshot of Friday.

While if you end up on the other servers, you get the current posts.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,686 ✭✭✭Signore Fancy Pants

It's like im using a version of Boards that I bought off Banggood in Bargain Alerts.

Except worse.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,980 ✭✭✭s1ippy

The touch site brings me back to pages of threads I read days ago and says they're the most recent. A simple refresh fixes this.

503 errors almost every time I click most recent post on homepage.

Any time I post anything there's a 404 so I go back and refresh and check the thread... No post there, so paste and post again... 404... Refresh the thread and I've double posted now.

Urls don't work as they should and images aren't showing.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,865 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

Same issues here. Threads jumping back pages, intermittent errors.. happening on both Touch and Desktop

Seems to be happening every weekend lately. I guess we'll get an update from the office tomorrow when the staff are back.

Still getting them... also getting emails notifying me of the said PMs even though I turned that off earlier. If this continues, I’ll be reporting boards to the DPC for Unsolicited Commercial Email.

Happening intermittently on touch site when opening threads

An exception occured in driver: SQLSTATE[08004] [1040] Too many connections

Also getting this, a lot.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,025 ✭✭✭Gregor Samsa

More than half the time trying to load posts or threads, I’m seeing errors: 503, 404, “An exception occured in driver: SQLSTATE[08004] [1040] Too many connections”.

Shiznit’s flakey as fück.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement