Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What is wrong with the site? (Please read updated post #1)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,462 ✭✭✭✭WoollyRedHat

Time travel ban more like, amirite?

• Registered Users Posts: 33,622 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Lot of issues over recent days.

Is the site being hacked or Ddos?

Getting a lot of 404 errors today and ironically when I clicked on this thread to leave a message, I got a 404!

Also hitting LATEST in the touch site often shows nothing.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,971 ✭✭✭✭GBX

On touch site getting errors repeatedly.
    Desktop site keeps showing new replies to followed threads. No new replies.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,987 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

click the link to go to last unread post and it keeps bringing me up to 3 pages backwards and then you click the next page and the same pag just reloads.

tried on pc now, mac book, ipad and phone.... so a sitewide problem

• Registered Users Posts: 13,945 ✭✭✭✭josip

Hopefully the only person in Boards who can fix this and who normally fixes this first thing on Mondays, hasn't taken a long Bank Holiday weekend.:(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,432 ✭✭✭Tork

Or is gone on holidays :eek:

I feel for the staff this morning I really do.

I hope they stayed away from boards this weekend so they at least got to enjoy their time off rather than having a dreading feeling about what they had in front of them this morning.

I'd say they had a fair idea what'd happen.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,285 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

Actually seems to be ok, last half hour or so (touch wood, rabbits feet and any other lucky talismans at our disposal).

Not here it isn’t.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

I feel for the staff this morning I really do.

I hope they stayed away from boards this weekend so they at least got to enjoy their time off rather than having a dreading feeling about what they had in front of them this morning.
    Tork wrote: »
    I'd say they had a fair idea what'd happen.

Even a simple placeholder comment would have helped.

Apologies, we are aware site is fcuked. Staffing resources are stretched. Bare with us & we will throw everyone at it on Tuesday

Sorry guys, I know you feel like turning on your heels in the office & diving back under the duvet again this morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,623 ✭✭✭✭osarusan

Site still jumping back and forth (apparently at random) between most recent content and content that is days old.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,865 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

12:30 and still no update, or did I miss it? Still having the same issues here.

No, it's still a mess. Seems to have slowed down too.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,516 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Guys, they are aware of the issues. It's a pain in the ass for all users (and makes modding more difficult too) but please be patient.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,354 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

I got all the way through the last 5 pages of this thread no problem, thought it had all been fixed - until I clicked onto the last one, and got bounced back 5 pages again!

But I also got up late today to find I had no water, which in the greater scheme of things is a much bigger PITA!! :(

Hope they (whoever "they" are) get it all sorted soon again, don't envy them tbh.

#shutdown -r

• Boards.ie Employee Posts: 12,597 ✭✭✭✭✭Boards.ie: Niamh
    Boards.ie Community Manager

Mr E wrote: »
    Guys, they are aware of the issues. It's a pain in the ass for all users (and makes modding more difficult too) but please be patient.

Thanks Mr E.

We're aware of the issues, some of which are still ongoing.

I was hoping I'd have a positive update for you by now but not yet I'm afraid. Thanks for being patient, I know it's infuriating to have your unread threads increase and then revert to normal and telling you there are new posts that are actually there from last week - I'm getting the same myself here and it's a pain in the arse. I'll post an update here when I have something to tell you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,862 ✭✭✭un5byh7sqpd2x0

Thanks Mr E.

I was hoping I'd have a positive update for you by now but not yet I'm afraid. Thanks for being patient, I know it's infuriating to have your unread threads increase and then revert to normal and telling you there are new posts that are actually there from last week - I'm getting the same myself here and it's a pain in the arse. I'll post an update here when I have something to tell you.

Thanks Niamh, can you stop the PMs (and subsequent emails) I'm receiving every 15 minutes about an automated ban lift please? It's going on 48 hours at this stage.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,078 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

Thanks Mr E.

If anything instead of fixing it, ye should be making things go back about 6 months instead of 2 days. We'd have no Coronavirus to worry about then.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 83,074 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Thanks Niamh, can you stop the PMs (and subsequent emails) I'm receiving every 15 minutes about an automated ban lift please? It's going on 48 hours at this stage.

They know it. I'm also driving Beasty insane with one such tidally-locked PM.

mwahahahahaha

• Registered Users Posts: 83,074 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

If anything instead of fixing it, ye should be making things go back about 6 months instead of 2 days. We'd have no Coronavirus to worry about then.

"2020 is going to be our year!"

gaijin4koma2_peersblog_1200684608.jpg

Sorry Justin Sparse Rugby I personally can't stop that but will make someone aware of it who can. That is a real nuisance, sorry about that.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10 Internet Police

<snipped>
    mod note - you must be a member for 3 months before you can post in Feedback. PLease do not post in here again until iyou have reached that milestone. Thanks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,862 ✭✭✭un5byh7sqpd2x0

It doesn’t appear like a hack to me, just that one of the backend database servers has gone out of sync. Easiest fix is to remove it from the cluster and resync the database

• Registered Users Posts: 721 ✭✭✭Cushtie

Has anyone shut it down and restarted it yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 86,505 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Sorry Dogg Munde I personally can't stop that but will make someone aware of it who can. That is a real nuisance, sorry about that.
    it's pretty evident that almost none of the users here hold this against the staff.

Whatever the F is going on here is clearly not your fault, so don't pay too much heed to us. Whoever is responsible, would ye try communicating? Maybe?

Rightio all, the time warp issue of seeing notifications for posts you've already read or clicking in to a thread to see new posts that then seem to have disappeared should be gone now. There may still be some SQL or 404 errors for the time being. Thanks for your patience.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,795 ✭✭✭Mrcaramelchoc

Keep getting this

An exception occured in driver: SQLSTATE[08004] [1040] Too many connections

And can't access my pms.

I presume its being worked on.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement