Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What is wrong with the site? (Please read updated post #1)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,655 ✭✭✭✭Tokyo

I do know that certain housekeeping queries are run around that time in the morning. I have no idea if the two are related, but I informed the office of this just now.

• Boards.ie Employee Posts: 12,597 ✭✭✭✭✭Boards.ie: Niamh
    Boards.ie Community Manager

Thanks for the reports guys and thanks Mike. It is most likely queries running at that time as Mike said but they shouldn't be affecting the site's performance like that so will get it checked out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 544 ✭✭✭SnowyMay

Hi Niamh and Mike

For what it’s worth, everything has been fine this morning!

• Registered Users Posts: 83,033 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

SnowyMay wrote: »
    Hi Niamh and Mike

For what it’s worth, everything has been fine this morning!

Shill!

:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 544 ✭✭✭SnowyMay

Overheal wrote: »
    Shill!

Shoo Mr. Heal

I was complaining there a few posts ago.

:D

Edit. actually that makes me more of a shill. Ok, can I be a hustler instead?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 872 ✭✭✭Captain Red Beard

I use m.boards.ie on my phone and lately it has gone to ****e. Can't click on home or subbed without 404 errors.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,382 ✭✭✭FFVII

Over a month now saying new posts on touch and you click in and it brings you to 3 days ago

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,285 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

FFVII wrote: »
    Over a month now saying new posts on touch and you click in and it brings you to 3 days ago

Its doing this on the main site too- its not just touch.

havent had any problems in that timeframe except the odd 503 thats already been mentioned at off hours.

havent had any problems in that timeframe except the odd 503 thats already been mentioned at off hours.

Clicking on the e-mailed hyperlink for your post- brought me to the post that 'SnowMay' made on the 18th Sept (2 days ago) and not to the last post in the thread.

• Advertisement

That's... weird. It works for me. The permalink Post# correct

That's... weird. It works for me. The permalink Post# correct

And its just worked for me. Its inconsistent- sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't (I guess it depends on which node you're randomly getting).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

"Sorry no results"

Why?

• Boards.ie Employee Posts: 5,461 ✭✭✭✭✭Boards.ie: Mark
    Boards.ie Employee

"Sorry no results"

Why?

Morning, Harry Palmr. Could you provide more detail as to how this occurred for you (incl. browser and version of the site you're using)? If you were searching for something and you would prefer it not to be on display in the thread, could you please PM me.

• Registered Users Posts: 86,504 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

slow loading and error messages today on the mobile

• Boards.ie Employee Posts: 5,461 ✭✭✭✭✭Boards.ie: Mark
    Boards.ie Employee

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    slow loading and error messages today on the mobile

What kind of error messages are you getting? Is this on the touch site or attempting to use the Full Site while on mobile?

Is it a cloudfare setting or something for how many captcha checks those of us in far off places have to do? Is it user specific and I'm getting targeted? It's up to three now with two sets of vehicles. So that's six times I have to pick our vehicles and it lasts like two hours or so, and only on that IP. I have two IPs in my apartment so it's just getting absurd. I'm singlehandedly training driving AI.

Edit: I did the captcha 35 mins ago or so. Posted this. Tried to refresh. Captcha again. Same 4g ip. Complete nonsense.

• Boards.ie Employee Posts: 12,597 ✭✭✭✭✭Boards.ie: Niamh
    Boards.ie Community Manager

Any significant, unusual activity from the country you are in would cause Cloudflare to tighten restrictions on IPs from that country so it may have been that. Hopefully it'll relax those soon for you. Was that just happening to you last night or has it been ongoing for a while?

Since the trouble started however many weeks ago. But this having to redo the captchas so many times is new. Anyways, not like much can be done about it.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,851 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

503s constantly in search.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,851 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

...and when trying to post, too. But first I get a blank page.

...and a database error if I refresh the page:

Database Error Database error
    The database has encountered a problem.
    Please try the following:

Load the page again by clicking the Refresh button in your web browser.
    Open the www.boards.ie home page, then try to open another page.
    Click the Back button to try another link.

The www.boards.ie forum technical staff have been notified of the error, though you may contact them if the problem persists.

We apologise for any inconvenience.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,623 ✭✭✭✭osarusan

Unfortunately the backend returned an error and could not fulfill this request. Please try again or return to the homepage.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,594 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Hard to post at the moment. Getting the 503 as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 86,504 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

What kind of error messages are you getting? Is this on the touch site or attempting to use the Full Site while on mobile?

Full on Chrome

• Registered Users Posts: 13,561 ✭✭✭✭Deja Boo

and 503 on attempting to open any pm's

Shedloads of 503's here as well, the F5 key is getting warm!

• Subscribers Posts: 41,596 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

Site is all over the place

503 errors

Databases errors, sQlstate errors

General venerial diseaseness

• Registered Users Posts: 24,506 ✭✭✭✭Cookie_Monster

503s for me also

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,494 ✭✭✭sioda

503s and the usual m.boards screen on top of that

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement