Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What is wrong with the site? (Please read updated post #1)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 32,798 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

Site is in bits all morning, can't post without multiple refreshes and can't report posts

• Registered Users Posts: 32,798 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

Site is in bits all morning, can't post without multiple refreshes and can't report posts

• Registered Users Posts: 2,610 ✭✭✭Rick_

Constant Database Errors and 503's whenever I try to post something.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,724 ✭✭✭Pauliedragon

The touch and full site were fine for me yesterday. This morning touch is a mess but full is fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,354 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

503 errors for me since last night, about 50% of the time when I click into threads/headers. Was on touch last night, same this morning on the full site on laptop.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,354 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

503 errors for me since last night, about 50% of the time when I click into threads/headers. Was on touch last night, same this morning on the full site on laptop.

ETA - first attempt to post this, got a blank white page. Second time, got the "database error" message. Third attempt coming up......

ETAA - got another blank white page, then "this is a duplicate of the post you just posted". Lotta work for one little post!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,751 ✭✭✭mirrorwall14

Site has logged me out on touch site and can't get back in at all.

Desktop working marginally better but literred with 503 errors. Posting this took multiple attempts

• Registered Users Posts: 28,861 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

Another day of this until the staff get back tomorrow I'd imagine :(

Took 4 attempts to post this (and 2 to add this line)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Chinese at it again.

Morning, Harry Palmr. Could you provide more detail as to how this occurred for you (incl. browser and version of the site you're using)? If you were searching for something and you would prefer it not to be on display in the thread, could you please PM me.

Just on this it was okay subsequently. Touch site and android 57

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,118 ✭✭✭John mac

getting errors every time click a link ,or try to post .

(full site on chrome)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,388 ✭✭✭ofcork

Same here 503s .

• Registered Users Posts: 5,790 ✭✭✭Deebles McBeebles

Yeah lads its gone to sh*te again.

At least we can leave Boards for the day and get out and enjoy the lovely Irish weather.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,845 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

Just turn off the site on Sundays at this stage to stop the frustration

• Registered Users Posts: 14,845 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

Just turn off the site on Sundays at this stage to stop the frustration

Edit: too many connections and a double post!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,196 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Now with additional 404 errors as it slips further

• Registered Users Posts: 16,481 ✭✭✭✭Loafing Oaf

Plagued with errors this morning but seems to be cleared up now

• Registered Users Posts: 10,755 ✭✭✭✭EmmetSpiceland

Working fine now, no?

“It is not blood that makes you Irish but a willingness to be part of the Irish nation” - Thomas Davis

• Registered Users Posts: 5,490 ✭✭✭This is it

Working fine now, no?

"Yes".

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,851 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Now I'm getting February 2nd problems, too. (Groundhog Day, if you were wondering :D)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,851 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

...and quite a few blank pages.

The problems started earlier, but I agree, it cannot have helped one bit.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,196 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

New Home wrote: »
    Now I'm getting February 2nd problems, too. (Groundhog Day, if you were wondering :D)

Nine o clock news probably has site flooded

Eh? x4 :D

• Registered Users Posts: 11,400 ✭✭✭✭fullstop

‘SQLSTATE[08004] [1040] Too many connections’. Constantly. As well as double and triple posts all over the place.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,490 ✭✭✭This is it

Struggling to understand how you haven't managed to fix an issue that's seemingly ongoing for months and months

• Registered Users Posts: 13,561 ✭✭✭✭Deja Boo

It logs you off and..... won't let you back in until it's good and ready. ;)

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 17,642 Mod ✭✭✭✭Graham

fullstop wrote: »
    ‘SQLSTATE[08004] [1040] Too many connections’. Constantly. As well as double and triple posts all over the place.

From the sudden appearance of Cloudflare and the errors you describe, my guess would be another denial of service attack/spam attack overloading things.

Not something you can necessarily 'fix', only mitigate.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,497 ✭✭✭auspicious

Yeah it does seem to get a little glitchy when two thousand users check in to soundboard NEPHET's recommendations.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 34,910 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

Desktop site was as slow as treacle on a cold day Sunday evening, got better by about midnight.

The Dublin Airport cap is damaging the economy of Ireland as a whole, and must be scrapped forthwith.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement