Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What is wrong with the site? (Please read updated post #1)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 54,332 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Site is dreadfully slow

• Registered Users Posts: 18,584 ✭✭✭✭kippy

Not seeing any issues with speed or otherwise.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,188 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

The site is slow for me too. Clicking the "Go to first new post" icon sometimes brings me to a few pages/days ago in the thread instead. Clicking the next page in a thread is hit and miss too, rather than going to the next page it reloads the current one.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Headshot wrote: »
    Site is dreadfully slow

As slow as the US Presidential election results.

• Registered Users Posts: 83,033 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

It's sped back the f up with most of you lads gone to bed :pac:

• Advertisement

absolutely crawling at present

• Registered Users Posts: 13,561 ✭✭✭✭Deja Boo

Site freezes into blank screen upon posting reply, cant seem to embed pics either.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,454 ✭✭✭✭MEGA BRO WOLF 5000

The last 24 hours the site has been painfully slow on multiple devices.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 17,642 Mod ✭✭✭✭Graham

Laggy, intermittent white pages and a 50/50 chance the next-page number link works or lands you back in exactly the same spot.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 685 ✭✭✭keepalive213

This thread seems like a bad way to provide feedback. Awkward and clunky just like the site itself.
    Is it just me or is a major site upgrade badly needed.. Compared to other online forums it seems out dated and not that user friendly.
    I also think its overly moderated, not blaming the mods.... More so the archaic / draconian rules they must enforce.
    Boards reminds me of RTE... Stuck in the past.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 83,033 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

This thread seems like a bad way to provide feedback. Awkward and clunky just like the site itself.
    Is it just me or is a major site upgrade badly needed.. Compared to other online forums it seems out dated and not that user friendly.
    I also think its overly moderated, not blaming the mods.... More so the archaic / draconian rules they must enforce.

It's a website not an overpriced steak at a tacky village restaurant.

I forgot to complain about the amount of loonies on here, i would try to edit my previous post but I'm afraid the whole site might crash.

I forgot to complain about the amount of loonies on here, i would try to edit my previous post but I'm afraid the whole site might crash.

Maybe you should arrange a chargeback on your credit card for the poor service.

I don't know of any other forum that allows feedback, not to mention provides an outlet to discuss and challenge bannings, etc. Boards is unique to anything online, and is first and foremost, community oriented.

Hey I'm not out to rattle any cages.
    My description of boards is my opinion of the site. And unfollow.. So long minions...

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,750 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

In th last half hour, I'm getting 404s and messed up forum listings on the touch site

Seems to be pre-glitchy vibe going down...

...when the search starts acting up, a glitch filled 404 weekend generally follows.

• Registered Users Posts: 86,502 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

I'm finding it slow on the phone

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,285 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

Its entirely normal here- both the mobile and the regular sites.
    No 'slowness', its actually fairly zippy.

Its entirely normal here- both the mobile and the regular sites.
    No 'slowness', its actually fairly zippy.

Same here.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭Mango Joe

Hi Boards Web Dev Team.

Just wondering if you've had people reporting that the search function (find forums, users and posts) has been acting up for a few months now.

Quite often it just fails and rather than bringing you to a search results page it dumps you on the advance search page instead.

This also happens sometimes when you are using the number nav buttons (first ,last next, previous) on the thread pages too - ie its the same, it dumps you on the advance search page instead.

• Boards.ie Employee Posts: 5,461 ✭✭✭✭✭Boards.ie: Mark
    Boards.ie Employee

Hi Mango Joe,

Unfortunately this is a known issue. If you find yourself brought to the Advanced Search page, you can refresh that page and it should bring up the search results. What I've seen is that the query is in the URL at the top of the page so a refresh usually does the trick.

I haven't encountered the issue where this occurs when using page number navigation and will have to investigate this further. What browser are you using?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭Mango Joe

Hi Mango Joe,

Unfortunately this is a known issue. If you find yourself brought to the Advanced Search page, you can refresh that page and it should bring up the search results. What I've seen is that the query is in the URL at the top of the page so a refresh usually does the trick.

I haven't encountered the issue where this occurs when using page number navigation and will have to investigate this further. What browser are you using?

Sorry Mark - Just seeing this now, its as below:

Google Chrome is up to date
    Version 87.0.4280.66 (Official Build) (64-bit)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,213 ✭✭✭TomSweeney

Wow !! Search is really giving the gift this morning !!

I get about 67 million hits for my own posts and all sorts of random users posts are coming up as my own !!

Boards.ie Employee

Morning TomSweeney,

Just spotted this occurring myself. Thanks for the heads up. Hopefully we can get to the bottom of it soon.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 7,033 Mod ✭✭✭✭HildaOgdenx

Same, and can see information about who reported posts.

Boards.ie Employee

Hi all,

We're going to disable Search while we look into this further. A search function that returns 67 million search results is probably as useful as one that doesn't return anything! Sorry for the inconvenience.

Boards.ie Employee

Search functionality should be back up and running again. If anyone spots anything out of the ordinary, please let us know.

Never seen this before - is anyone else getting this error message before logging in?
    The information you’re about to submit is not secure.
    Because the site is using a connection that’s not completely secure, your information will be visible to others.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 301 ✭✭Boards.ie: Ronan

Deja Boo wrote: »
    Never seen this before - is anyone else getting this error message before logging in?

A chrome update yesterday has kicked off that error. It was patched yesterday but could be either cached content on your machine or a redirect that was missed when patching.

Could you post the entire url on the login page that gives that error.
    Should look something like this:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement