Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What is wrong with the site? (Please read updated post #1)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,984 ✭✭✭SuperTortoise

Thanks for your reply, yes it's the touch site i'm on.

• Registered Users Posts: 853 ✭✭✭Idjit

Hi, when viewing this site on mobile it only displays text, no images or pictures, it does this on both Chrome and Firefox, deleted cache and cookies and that hasn't fixed the issue, any suggestions thanks.

I'm having the exact same issue and also on the touch site. Cleared cache and cookies and it's still happening.

• Boards.ie Employee Posts: 12,597 ✭✭✭✭✭Boards.ie: Niamh
    Boards.ie Community Manager

Can one of you please send a screenshot of this issue? Thanks :)

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,750 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

Niamh, a different non-priority issue that I've noticed and hopefully might be something small is when you go to edit a post on a PC, even if you can see your post fully before you click the Edit button, the post jumps up and you can't see the top part of what you wish to edit (see the image below).
    Not sure if it is to do with the anchor reference on the button click or what but I'll leave it with you guys.
    (I'm using chrome)

544893.JPG

• Registered Users Posts: 3,432 ✭✭✭Tork

Is anybody else finding the desktop version of the site slow today? I've cleared out my browser etc. but it's still sluggish. When the homepage page loads, it takes several seconds for the links to become live. Then when a thread loads, the grey bar that tells you what forum you're in vanishes off the screen.

Edit: I discovered it was a browser extension that was doing the damage. Sorry about that folks :o:o

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,750 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

It's working fine for me Tork

• Registered Users Posts: 853 ✭✭✭Idjit

Can one of you please send a screenshot of this issue? Thanks :)

Hi Niamh,

I've taken a screenshot of the issue, attached. The site is completely unusable on my phone at the moment. Currently on my laptop posting this.

I hope the issue can be resolved soon.

Thank you.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,793 ✭✭✭The Continental Op

On the talk to forums is the link that's part of the number of thanks supposed to do something. If I click the first thanks link in this thread https://www.boards.ie/ttfthread/2058120779 then it does nothing. I thought it was supposed to list the people that had thanked the thread?

Wake me up when it's all over.

Am I the only one experiencing really slow load times (like 10 seconds or more) for all pages on the site?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,076 ✭✭✭Curse These Metal Hands

Am I the only one experiencing really slow load times (like 10 seconds or more) for all pages on the site?

Yeah it's painfully slow today.

• Advertisement

Yeah it's painfully slow today.

Its speeded up again now but just before I posted it was like back in the days of 56k dial up.

• Registered Users Posts: 86,502 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Yes I'm finding it slow today loading and posting

• Registered Users Posts: 10,438 ✭✭✭✭thesandeman

It's crawling for the last half hour.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,845 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

Every site is slow for me. It think it's virgin broadband at fault.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,352 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

Site is working perfectly for me - main site on Firefox (via Digiweb broadband!)

HeidiHeidi wrote: »
    Site is working perfectly for me - main site on Firefox (via Digiweb broadband!)
    OK again now but it dipped out a few minutes back, not deadly slow but definitely left me sat waiting for pages to load.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,304 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

Looks like a Cloudflare issue, i saw another site with them experiencing the same issues.

ShaneU wrote: »

Re VM, I tweeted Virgin recently about my broadband having slowed to a crawl, they split the router and now greatly improved.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,004 ✭✭✭✭titan18

It's painful for me alright. Seems to work better on 4g than WiFi but it's the only site that's slow on wifi for me so I still think it's a board issue

• Registered Users Posts: 1,851 ✭✭✭Bummer1234

Website is painfully slow for me too on vodafone so i think its not virgin media specific.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,987 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

Painfully slow here in the last half hour or so.
    Been slow all weekend.
    Both WiFi and mobile network so not a virgin issue.
    Actually unusable in the last few mins, took me near 20 mins to post this!

• Registered Users Posts: 34,906 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

No problems for me at all :) (desktop site)

The Dublin Airport cap is damaging the economy of Ireland as a whole, and must be scrapped forthwith.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,850 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

No problems for me, either - Firefox, full site, tethering with 48.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,035 ✭✭✭✭y0ssar1an22

working fine on phone for me. computer...not so much

Bummer1234 wrote: »
    Website is painfully slow for me too on vodafone so i think its not virgin media specific.

Still very slow on Vodafone FTTC (on the WiFi) but don’t have the same issue at all on gomo 3g/4g.

Lost it completely just before 6pm the home page just didn't load for about 5 minutes. Nothing wrong with my fiber connection (Vodafone - is that a trend?) and a speed test showed it was working at full speed.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,432 ✭✭✭Tork

Site is crawling on my phone when it's on WiFi (Vodafone....) but working fine when on 4G. This is only affecting boards.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,845 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

ShaneU wrote: »
    Nope it's the site, wouldn't load the last hour

Seems to be back to normal on Vodafone WiFi for me now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,400 ✭✭✭✭fullstop

Really slow on wifi and 5G all weekend.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement