Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What is wrong with the site? (Please read updated post #1)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,526 ✭✭✭✭Darkglasses

Strange, no slowness for me at all.

No posts from The Saturday Night Show for last Saturday showing up? Unless there weren't any? Which would be very odd as apparently it was the most cringe show yet for Ray Darcy and was widely reported in other media sources . There's usually loads .
    Mmm ? I'm a bit puzzled ?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,638 ✭✭✭andekwarhola

Can't edit posts on the full site. The edited post is reposted as a new post.

OK on touch site though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,898 ✭✭✭✭Ken.

Can't edit posts on the full site. The edited post is reposted as a new post.

OK on touch site though.

That is an on-going and known issue for new people with under 25 posts.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 9,812 CMod ✭✭✭✭Shield

ken wrote: »
    That is an on-going and known issue for new people with under 25 posts.
    Just to clarify, it's a restriction that has deliberately put in place by boards.ie as a spam prevention measure.

• Advertisement
  • Site Banned Posts: 1,735 ✭✭✭Second Toughest in_the Freshers

Red penguin anti spam measure

Blue penguin posts everything twice

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,622 ✭✭✭Ruu

Was logged out a few moments ago and had a hard time logging in (page would not load) but seems okay now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

Getting smashed by a DDoS again?

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,221 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

General performance is fine for me, though avatars in the floating menu are borked again. Think that preceeded the site struggling before.

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Registered Users Posts: 4,147 ✭✭✭shanec1928

One or two threads I had posted in my posts have now gone.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 550 ✭✭✭beyondbelief67

shanec1928 wrote: »
    One or two threads I had posted in my posts have now gone.

This has happened to me too, wasn't sure if they had been removed but I can't see that they would of been as not controversial or anything ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46,938 ✭✭✭✭Nodin

Any chance of an update from those in the know?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,263 ✭✭✭Gongoozler

Yeah things are gone back to being a bit mental here

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,452 ✭✭✭✭The_Valeyard

Very slow to load the website in mobile at the moment

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,298 ✭✭✭DareGod

The site has not been loading properly, 90% of the time, for me for the past 3 days.

Sometimes DownForMeOrEveryone says it's down for everyone, sometimes it says it's just me.

The homepage tends to work but if I try to access a forum or post it just hangs.

It can't be just me??

• Registered Users Posts: 550 ✭✭✭beyondbelief67

DareGod wrote: »
    The site has not been loading properly, 90% of the time, for me for the past 3 days.

Sometimes DownForMeOrEveryone says it's down for everyone, sometimes it says it's just me.

The homepage tends to work but if I try to access a forum or post it just hangs.

It can't be just me??

Yes same with me, it would seem to take ages to load and often I'd give up, I was starting to think my phone had got slow or something !

• Registered Users Posts: 4,147 ✭✭✭shanec1928

This has happened to me too, wasn't sure if they had been removed but I can't see that they would of been as not controversial or anything ?

Glad it's not just me so.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,955 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

Nodin wrote: »
    Any chance of an update from those in the know?
    Give it a week (or two) and then someone will come on telling us we're asking too much and make out it's our fault somehow, and they're working round the clock to fix it.

:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,796 ✭✭✭Azalea

Quazzie wrote: »
    Give it a week (or two) and then someone will come on telling us we're asking too much and make out it's our fault somehow, and they're working round the clock to fix it.

:rolleyes:
    Some folk on this thread won't be happy until Boards say they're not doing a tap and are just arsing around the office shooting the breeze.
    Saying they're working around the clock, which they very likely are, it's just all in the background (maybe ask them for a video of it?) - the horror!

When has it been said it's users' fault or too much is being asked?

Depends what machine/device/browser I use - mostly grand on laptop and phone, woeful on PC. Extremely slow, or loading but not fully. Chrome is the worst browser for it.

Presume it's still the DDOS issue - must be a nightmare for Boards.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

No issues at the moment on touch or on the desktop site using Chrome.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,705 ✭✭✭✭Tigger

ios 9 iphone 5s
    getting a "warning your flash player is outdated you need to upgrade to continue" message
    i use cloud coz i resent change

getting it on the laptop also
    is cloud dead now?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,099 ✭✭✭Mech1

Upgrade flash plugin wanted here also

• Registered Users Posts: 21,390 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Just started getting the same on my iPad, using the app to post this because the site is giving the pop up every time. Other websites doing it too though, odd.

Getting the same here and trying to download an EXE file from a server! Looks malicious.

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,221 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

Karsini wrote: »
    Getting the same here and trying to download an EXE file from a server! Looks malicious.

Getting that too, what the hell

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

stranger that its happening on ios
    running scans etc

Any time it happened with me on iOS, if I cancelled the download, an Energia ad appeared on the top of the page.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,390 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Well there's only one explanation:

Boards has become self aware.

Karsini wrote: »
    Any time it happened with me on iOS, if I cancelled the download, an Energia ad appeared on the top of the page.

i was getting redirected but i closed the page

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

I'm having a problem with double posts. Anytime I edit a post of mine I get it.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement