Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What is wrong with the site? (Please read updated post #1)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,748 ✭✭✭✭Lovely Bloke

Quazzie wrote: »
    Give it a week (or two) and then someone will come on telling us we're asking too much and make out it's our fault somehow, and they're working round the clock to fix it.

:rolleyes:

Holy fúcking shít fella, your crusade on this thread is absolutely ridiculous and totally misplaced.

Do you even know what a DDoS attack is? If you don't, then go and educate yourself instead of posting on this thread like a clueless idiot who doesn't know the first thing about what they are ranting on and on and on about.

If you DO know, then your posts on this thread are pretty obviously trolling for some reason or another.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,955 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

Holy fúcking shít fella, your crusade on this thread is absolutely ridiculous and totally misplaced.

Do you even know what a DDoS attack is? If you don't, then go and educate yourself instead of posting on this thread like a clueless idiot who doesn't know the first thing about what they are ranting on and on and on about.

If you DO know, then your posts on this thread are pretty obviously trolling for some reason or another.
    Where are you getting the idea that there is currently a DDOS attack on the site.

No one has told us that.

Which is exactly my point. It takes 30 seconds for someone from the site to drop in and post something, but they obviously couldn't be arsed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,981 ✭✭✭KomradeBishop

Dav wrote: »
    Hello folks, some updates...

The DDoS attacks are still coming...
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=97426475#post97426475

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Mostly fine except for one seciont, "/forumdisplay.php?f=907" C&T takes forever to load, 30-40 seconds. Rest of the site is snappy while this happens.

• Registered Users Posts: 46,100 ✭✭✭✭muffler

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,981 ✭✭✭KomradeBishop

muffler wrote: »
    Were you asleep for the last 2 weeks?
    Hmm :) No, was replying to the two posts prior to mine ;) The site seems to have been fine the last while, but logical to assume - from prior posts - that if the same issues crop up again, it's another round of DDoS attacks.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,526 ✭✭✭✭Darkglasses

Posts disappearing for me again

• Registered Users Posts: 21,390 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Every time I leave the site I'm getting signed out, annoying.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,298 ✭✭✭DareGod

The site just plain refused to load for me for all of today.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,796 ✭✭✭Azalea

Quazzie wrote: »
    Where are you getting the idea that there is currently a DDOS attack on the site.

No one has told us that.

Which is exactly my point. It takes 30 seconds for someone from the site to drop in and post something, but they obviously couldn't be arsed.
    Does it make you more contented or something to believe they couldn't be arsed rather than they're too busy?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,955 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

Azalea wrote: »
    Does it make you more contented or something to believe they couldn't be arsed rather than they're too busy?
    Busy - Very much so. I don't doubt that for a second.
    Too busy to answer some of the queries here with a quick response - I very much doubt the couldn't spare 90 seconds over the course of the last two weeks/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,622 ✭✭✭Ruu

I am posting a reply and hitting Submit only once but get the 'making duplicate posts' message.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,299 ✭✭✭✭MadsL

Chrome Version 46.0.2490.80 m
    Win 10

Submit reply button always has to be clicked twice
    Click once = page scrolls to top
    Post submits on second click

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,764 ✭✭✭my3cents

Posted in a thread that was moved, my post got lost somehow in the move I think and now I have a notification of "1" new post in "Followed Thead" that won't go away.

Is that a replication issue that will eventually disappear?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,748 ✭✭✭✭Lovely Bloke

Maybe Dav should post every day
    Still the same

until some day when he posts
    Different

Corporate bodies doing posts, or press releases, or whatever to give "updates" when in fact there are no updates are pretty much the culmination of the entitlement culture.

Until you see something to the contrary, just take it that the previous still applies.

It's not that hard.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,898 ✭✭✭✭Ken.

my3cents wrote: »
    Posted in a thread that was moved, my post got lost somehow in the move I think and now I have a notification of "1" new post in "Followed Thead" that won't go away.

Is that a replication issue that will eventually disappear?

I've had that happen before. Go to where the thread is now and click follow thread and then click unfollow (assuming you don't want to follow it). Should sort out the problem for you.

Site is very slow and won't load without "www." at the start of the URL.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,833 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

MadsL wrote: »
    Chrome Version 46.0.2490.80 m
    Win 10

Submit reply button always has to be clicked twice
    Click once = page scrolls to top
    Post submits on second click

I don't think that's related to the latest bunch of issues, I've had that ever since switching to a touch screen enabled laptop, and it's a right pain in the ass. Don't have the same issue with Edit, nor do I have it when posting in the Talk To forums, but I do for everything else here.

ThisRegard wrote: »
    I don't think that's related to the latest bunch of issues, I've had that ever since switching to a touch screen enabled laptop, and it's a right pain in the ass. Don't have the same issue with Edit, nor do I have it when posting in the Talk To forums, but I do for everything else here.
    If the touch support doesn't bother you too much, you could try disabling the "Enable touch events" option in chrome://flags - also fixes the non-sticky header issue.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,724 ✭✭✭Metric Tensor

Just to add.

I'm using Chrome Version 46.0.2490.80 m - I can't edit my posts.

If I click the edit button I just get a completely blank page.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,892 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Just to add.

I'm using Chrome Version 46.0.2490.80 m - I can't edit my posts.

If I click the edit button I just get a completely blank page.

That could be because your account is new. I think you need to be active for 10 days and have 25 posts before being able to edit.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

No issue with chrome or firefox on laptop nor with chrome on android since last week for me anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,724 ✭✭✭Metric Tensor

An File wrote: »
    That could be because your account is new. I think you need to be active for 10 days and have 25 posts before being able to edit.

Ah .... say no more! ;)

I have Safari and Chrome opened simultaneously. (Macbook.)

Boards.ie is not loading on Chrome but it is loading on Safari, although the login screen was still a bit buggy.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,852 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

I haven't had any problems for the past few days either, with Firefox.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,833 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

Karsini wrote: »
    If the touch support doesn't bother you too much, you could try disabling the "Enable touch events" option in chrome://flags - also fixes the non-sticky header issue.

Brilliant, thanks for that. I used to have a script add-on running to correct the floating menu but it ran across all my machines unnecessarily as it was associated with my google account.

Floating menu has now returned, and I'm back to having to click Submit Reply only once.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Some stickness again, icons take a while to appear.

Today:

Mac Chrome - not loading
    Mac Safari - not loading
    Android Chrome - loading

All on same WiFi connection.

Update:

Mac Chrome - not loading
    Mac Safari - Loading

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,900 ✭✭✭InTheTrees

My Kindle (android?) is barely running Boards at all.

There's advertising thats being displayed directly over the "Boards.ie" logo so its impossible to click home. The advert does not have a close button. And its not a pop up ad, its being displayed within the page.

I'm also getting warnings about insecure sources when loading Boards pages and i think thats due to the advertising. They always come after the basic text of the page has loaded.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement