Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What is wrong with the site? (Please read updated post #1)

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,221 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

Yeah another one there myself. All seem to be occurring in the same thread, not sure if it means something or just cause I've been posting in it a lot this evening.

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 138 ✭✭Berkieahern

Fleawuss wrote: »
    Got CSRF token not valid when trying to log on 3 times today. Is it me or is it you?

I got the same!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,638 ✭✭✭andekwarhola

Fleawuss wrote: »
    Got CSRF token not valid when trying to log on 3 times today. Is it me or is it you?

Same, just a while ago. Also a JSON error message?

Plus a few of those DB errors trying to post this. :)

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,852 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

I've been getting DB errors almost constantly this morning. I'm also having problems when thanking posts, the 'Thumbs Up' icon disappears when I click it but nothing happens, and if I refresh the page the 'than' isn't there and the 'Thumbs Up' icon is shown again.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,349 ✭✭✭naughto

getting database errors as well

image.php?type=dberror Database error The database has encountered a problem. Please try the following:
    • Load the page again by clicking the Refresh button in your web browser.
    • Open the www.boards.ie home page, then try to open another page.
    • Click the Back button to try another link.
    The www.boards.ie forum technical staff have been notified of the error, though you may [EMAIL=""]contact them[/EMAIL] if the problem persists.
    We apologise for any inconvenience.

• Advertisement

Database errors on posting still.

• Registered Users Posts: 83,074 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Database Error Database error
    The database has encountered a problem.
    Please try the following:
    Load the page again by clicking the Refresh button in your web browser.
    Open the www.boards.ie home page, then try to open another page.
    Click the Back button to try another link.
    The www.boards.ie forum technical staff have been notified of the error, though you may contact them if the problem persists.

We apologise for any inconvenience.

Did you give the hamster the weekend off again? Sonnofa..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,796 ✭✭✭Azalea

Still happening every so often for posting, editing posts, private messaging and deleting private messages.

Thanks button does not always work first time either.

Database error when trying to post. Then when it does work there's posts missing.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,358 ✭✭✭Into The Blue

Anybody still seeing these this morning?

All weekend. Once about every 10 page loads

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,358 ✭✭✭Into The Blue

Time to split the shifts lads ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,526 ✭✭✭✭Darkglasses

Getting more of them lately, although maybe it's cause I'm posting more.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 301 ✭✭Boards.ie: Ronan

Hi,

Can someone confirm for me if this error appears only when attempting to post or also when viewing posts?

Also if this still occurs following a clean down of cache?

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Very ropey reporting from me - I only saw it when attempting to submit posts using Chrome/Android on the touch site. But then I didn't submit many posts otherwise over the weekend, so I can't say I tried any other combination of platforms. And it was random - it would happen, then I could go back to the editor and submit my post and it would work fine.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,852 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

With me, it only happens when I try to post/edit something, or to send a PM/visitor's message. The problem with the thank button was still there yesterday, I haven't tried it yet. I'll try and clear the cache and see if it happens again today.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,443 ✭✭✭✭thesandeman

Only when I post as well. On Touch. Seems ok for a little while after I clear cache but not for long.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,949 ✭✭✭✭IvyTheTerrible

I got the error this morning when I tried to upload a picture to attach. I'm on the normal site, on Firefox.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,526 ✭✭✭✭Darkglasses

Hi,

Can someone confirm for me if this error appears only when attempting to post or also when viewing posts?

Happens also when I thank a post

Up to a few minutes ago the system would hang and hang when trying to post something, then the post itself would get duplicated, triplicated and even more - I was trying to post a gif earlier, and the system posted 5 or 6 copies...

EDIT - I had cleared everything, history, cookies, cache, etc.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

Got the vbulletin error thing when deleting post, viewing modutils and amending mod user group. Haven't cleared cache yet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭ct5amr2ig1nfhp

Boards is incredibly slow. Getting errors changing page, posting and when I thank a post.

• Registered Users Posts: 557 ✭✭✭Walter Bishop

'Waiting for b-static.net' takes over 10 seconds a lot of the time these days. Hardly an eternity, I know, but a regular occurrence.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,411 ✭✭✭Avada

I'm not seeing Avatars either.

Hi,

Happened for me trying to post.

Not sure if it would happen during quickpost: I did that with a quoted reply @home. @work I always have to copy/past my full replies into the QuickReply panel (some firewall glitch) and I don't have too many issues with that ever.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

Only happens to me when trying to post, never when viewing posts

I only see some of the avatars, and my own non-avatar looks like a broken icon.

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,221 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

Yep avatars gone for me too

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Registered Users Posts: 46,100 ✭✭✭✭muffler

My avatar showing up near top right of page beside "My Forums" hasnt been showing all day.

Another point and I dont know if this is relevant or not but I am not receiving any email alerts (new posts in subscribed threads) via gmail

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,430 ✭✭✭testicle

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement