Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What is wrong with the site? (Please read updated post #1)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭ct5amr2ig1nfhp

The site is painfully slow.

Also getting code errors all over the place.

This was on the home page just now, randomly in the middle of a thread title.
    class="inlineimg" src="http://b-static.net/vbulletin/images/custom/beta2/buttons/firstnew.gif" alt="Go to first new post" border="0" />

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,318 ✭✭✭✭Menas

Woo Hoo, its back!
    No avatars though...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,764 ✭✭✭my3cents

Menas wrote: »
    Woo Hoo, its back!
    No avatars though...

Is that such a bad thing?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,005 ✭✭✭reap-a-rat

Thread of the Day and Post of the Day links just going to home page.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,622 ✭✭✭Ruu

I get logged out from time to time and have great difficulty getting logged back in at times, stick on 'transferring data from b-static.net'.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 83,074 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

What's the 411 on the 503s, did you give the hamster a p45

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,764 ✭✭✭my3cents

Ruu wrote: »
    I get logged out from time to time and have great difficulty getting logged back in at times, stick on 'transferring data from b-static.net'.

On a slow connection that b-static.net is killer slow, even before this current spate of problems it slowed the whole page loading process.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,006 ✭✭✭_Tombstone_

On touch here, any threads I open are opening in Beta.

First time to use it, txt editor is gammy. Not near right.

That's assuming the thread opens, most are leading to some oops page....I'm missing out on finding out which tescos are open 24 hours over in the Aliexpress thread in BA.

3 pages of that sh1t over there now, if ye made me admin the other I could've fixed that.

Oops page is nearly refreshing.

• Boards.ie Employee Posts: 12,597 ✭✭✭✭✭Boards.ie: Niamh
    Boards.ie Community Manager

Overheal wrote: »
    What's the 411 on the 503s, did you give the hamster a p45

A scheduled maintenance window went on for quite a bit longer than planned I'm afraid. It should have all been done and dusted before everyone got logged in this morning but unfortunately that was not the case.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

A scheduled maintenance window went on for quite a bit longer than planned I'm afraid. It should have all been done and dusted before everyone got logged in this morning but unfortunately that was not the case.

That's simply not acceptable Niamh.

I was forced to interact with my colleagues on my morning break.

This cannot happen again.

:mad:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,898 ✭✭✭✭Ken.

Screw you, I had to talk to the wife and kids.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

ken wrote: »

Get a job, hippy!

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,852 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Ah don't be like that, BC - they were working hard to add a new function just for you - have you tried the new catnip scratch-n-sniff button, yet? :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,687 ✭✭✭✭Penny Tration

I actually had to resort to reddit to make sure I could shirk my work duties

• Registered Users Posts: 10,443 ✭✭✭✭thesandeman

I caught up with about 300 emails. I would have been €475,850,005.75 richer by now if I had checked them more regularly :'(

ken wrote: »

In future if the site is down, you can come talk to me on twitter while I answer a bajillion "is @boards site down" "why is @boards down" "what is wrong with @boards" "who didn't feed the hamsters" @boards :D

reap-a-rat wrote: »
    Thread of the Day and Post of the Day links just going to home page.

They seem to be back today so we'll put that down to a once off when we were down. Thanks for reporting it :)

• Registered Users Posts: 28,865 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

Pages still very slow to refresh today, but it's intermittent. I could have a few tabs open and some will refresh instantly, others might sight there for 30 seconds and will sometimes render in white (I use the dark theme) with the formatting and fonts very messed up

+1. Seeing this for a few days now.
    _Kaiser_ wrote: »
    Pages still very slow to refresh today, but it's intermittent. I could have a few tabs open and some will refresh instantly, others might sight there for 30 seconds and will sometimes render in white (I use the dark theme) with the formatting and fonts very messed up

• Registered Users Posts: 28,865 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

Still having the above issues :(

I get that this is a free site and all but the performance and reliability seems to have significantly deteriorated in the last 6 months or so.. what is going on?? Is it all to do with this (IMO dreadful) new site they're building, is it the result of the site being attacked, is it the ongoing attempts to monetise the site, or is it just collapsing under its own weight at this stage?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,930 ✭✭✭✭challengemaster

Site was definitely down around 4am, dunno when it came back.

Was coming and going during the night for me on Touch. Half loading and then just stalling.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,349 ✭✭✭naughto

Was coming and going during the night for me on Touch. Half loading and then just stalling.

Same as that all day yesterday as well

• Registered Users Posts: 13,664 ✭✭✭✭joujoujou
    Unregistered Users

...and same all day today. facepalm.gif

Avatars gone again for me. Site still ridiculously slow.

I've started reading reddit damn it... :(:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

Finding some pages aren't loading on the main site, no issues with touch. bar being a little slower

• Registered Users Posts: 7,342 ✭✭✭CH3OH

I'm finding the site very slow to load pages
    As others have said, it seems to be waiting for : b-static.net

I haven't a clue what this is but google tells me:

"This is a fast, cookieless domain intended for static content delivered to the Boards.ie group of websites"

It definitely isn't fast

• Subscribers Posts: 4,076 ✭✭✭IRLConor

CH3OH wrote: »
    "This is a fast, cookieless domain intended for static content delivered to the Boards.ie group of websites"

It definitely isn't fast

That text was written about five years ago. Things have changed multiple times since then.

IRLConor wrote: »
    That text was written about five years ago. Things have changed multiple times since then.

We've noticed :-(

• Advertisement

Only seeing 10 threads on some forums?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement