Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What is wrong with the site? (Please read updated post #1)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46,938 ✭✭✭✭Nodin

Is it just me or is the traffic in AH way, way down?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

Certainly doesn't seem like it to me, I'll have a look but I think I can only see the last 7 days

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

Since last Thursday it's fairly consistent arount 1300-1600 per day not including Saturday and Sunday which dip a little but that I assume is around the norm

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46,938 ✭✭✭✭Nodin

KERSPLAT! wrote: »
    Since last Thursday it's fairly consistent arount 1300-1600 per day not including Saturday and Sunday which dip a little but that I assume is around the norm

.....old age on my part, presumably causing synapses to misfire.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,299 ✭✭✭✭The Backwards Man

Is it away haywire again?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

Touch is fine for me but the full site is giving errors

• Registered Users Posts: 11,647 ✭✭✭✭El Weirdo

Unable to open threads on the desktop site.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,294 ✭✭✭hairyprincess

I'm getting a 500 internal server error message when I try to open a thread on the laptop. Working grand on the phone

• Registered Users Posts: 7,342 ✭✭✭CH3OH

El Weirdo wrote: »
    Unable to open threads on the desktop site.

Same issue on desktop using both chrome and internet explorer
    Returning 500 internal server error
    Touch seems fine

• Registered Users Posts: 2,346 ✭✭✭Melodeon

I'm having to turn Beta on to access threads on the desktop site, not happy :-(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Looks like a skinning issue. Switched beta on and everything is working again.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

seamus wrote: »
    Looks like a skinning issue. Switched beta on and everything is working again.
    Same here working fine on beta

• Registered Users Posts: 11,647 ✭✭✭✭El Weirdo

Balls to using that abomination.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,833 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

I'm getting a 500 internal server error message when I try to open a thread on the laptop. Working grand on the phone

Same as myself, I started a thread on the Helpdesk forum as I thought it was unrelated. I only get the problem on forums with threads I've visited recently. Go to another thread on a different forum and it's fine, return to the other thread and you get the 500 again.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 26,402 Mod ✭✭✭✭Peregrine

Working fine on touch and beta. Full site is gone haywire.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,344 ✭✭✭Diamond Doll

Bah ... same here ... no threads opening on full site but Beta is working. My first time using it and it hurts my eyes! :(

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,575 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

Beta working fine on Chrome but notmal site is throwing back errors. Touch site is also fine.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,833 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

Bah ... same here ... no threads opening on full site but Beta is working. My first time using it and it hurts my eyes! :(
    Add your reply here.

What's that about? Do people who switch to Beta forget how to internet? The lack of dates on the forum view is also a pain. Anyway, that's all been said on the beta feedback, but irritating nonetheless when you're using it.

• Registered Users Posts: 46,100 ✭✭✭✭muffler

Seems to be sorted now again. I was getting loads of 500's for a while. Couldnt even reply to this thread :(

• Registered Users Posts: 16,930 ✭✭✭✭challengemaster

The old hamsters were way more reliable

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,840 ✭✭✭Dav

Not sure what happened there at lunch, but anyone on desktop using the current site (as opposed to the beta) was getting a 500 error when they hit VBulletin (so you could see the home page for example ant the search pages). I don't know why it happened, but Andres and Ronan are looking at it now that they've got it back up and running.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,865 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

Dav wrote: »
    Not sure what happened there at lunch, but anyone on desktop using the current site (as opposed to the beta) was getting a 500 error when they hit VBulletin (so you could see the home page for example ant the search pages). I don't know why it happened, but Andres and Ronan are looking at it now that they've got it back up and running.

Thanks for the update Dav..

Any feedback on WHY we're seeing so many issues in the last few months? It used to be exceedingly rare that there were problems with this site, and yet now it seems to be every other day that there's some sort of performance issues, errors or outages.

Is this all related to this (IMO awful - sorry!) move towards the Beta site?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭ct5amr2ig1nfhp

As Kaiser has said above. The site was working fine up until the Beta site was launched for testing. Boards is dreadfully slow recently. Even right now navigating the site is slow, every second page is taking ~5-10 seconds to load.

It's almost completely unrelated to the beta site.

The issue as far as I can tell is that our hardware is old and starting to come undone in some places. We've had hard drive failures which have been responsible for a lot of the current issues. Now firing a new hard drive into machines isn't a terribly difficult task, but putting it in whilst keeping everything else ticking over, getting it ready to join the rest of the live servers, synchronising it (if it's a DB or search machine), etc can be problematic.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,827 ✭✭✭fred funk }{

I'm on mobile and every post is in duplicate.

I just posted the following into Bargain Alerts, but it affects every part of the site:
    Hi all,

I just want to let you know we're aware of an issue with posting links - this forum is the one most badly hit obviously enough, so I wanted to pop a quick message in to say that we're currently rolling back some software work that we believe to be the source of the problem and that should be sorted within the next 30 mins.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,687 ✭✭✭✭Penny Tration

Getting issues trying to post attachments (pics). Getting the error I've attached in a screenshot. When I repost, it turns out my first post DID post, minus the attachments

Strange one, I've pointed the team at it.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,349 ✭✭✭naughto

Is the site still under dos attack or has it stopped

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,344 ✭✭✭Diamond Doll

It's just going very slow for me right now.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement