Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What is wrong with the site? (Please read updated post #1)

Options

Comments

• Administrators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,920 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Toots

Same here, couldn't get on using laptop or phone. All other sites were fine, and I even rebooted my router but still the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,955 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

When I go to load boards (and no other site) I get redireceted via skimresources. That's a malware, but every scan on my end shows up as clean. Is it possible it's on Boards end?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,344 ✭✭✭Diamond Doll

I'm getting randomly logged out every now and again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,006 ✭✭✭_Tombstone_

Quazzie wrote: »
    When I go to load boards (and no other site) I get redireceted via skimresources. That's a malware, but every scan on my end shows up as clean. Is it possible it's on Boards end?

Boards signed up with them a few months back.
    http://touch.boards.ie/thread/2057430725/1

Who said they were Malware?

Thinking about it though I suppose you could call them a spyware. Ive read a few papers in the last few years on how easy it is to de-anonymise data.

You can't (or couldn't) opt out either despite what that link says, there's a process at the other end that either won't complete or if it does it doesn't actually do anything. This was mentioned on thread but nothing ever came of it. That put them on my sh1t list so now I won't click any altered links...unless by mistake.

Boards signed up with them a few months back.
    http://touch.boards.ie/thread/2057430725/1

Who said they were Malware?

Thinking about it though I suppose you could call them a spyware. Ive read a few papers in the last few years on how easy it is to de-anonymise data.

You can't (or couldn't) opt out either despite what that link says, there's a process at the other end that either won't complete or if it does it doesn't actually do anything. This was mentioned on thread but nothing ever came of it. That put them on my sh1t list so now I won't click any altered links...unless by mistake.
    I just done a quick google and anything I found shows it up as malware.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 8,490 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fluorescence

I'm getting randomly logged out every now and again.

I think it does that every two weeks as a security thing

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,840 ✭✭✭Dav

Skimlinks is not Malware - I have no idea what you're looking at that says it is.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Another couple of "outages" in the last 30 minutes

• Administrators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,920 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Toots

Same here, been getting 'website not responding' for about half an hour or so. Just back on now.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,807 ✭✭✭Custardpi

Outages but just back now. Pages still not loading though. Using Firefox.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,400 ✭✭✭evosteo

having issues "unable to load page" the last 15 minutes

seems to be back now

Dav wrote: »
    Skimlinks is not Malware - I have no idea what you're looking at that says it is.
    Best answer on Yahoo LINK

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,411 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

Not working properly in the last few minutes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

you guys didn't give Dav another day off did you? ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,840 ✭✭✭Dav

Quazzie wrote: »
    Best answer on Yahoo LINK

ok, well that's incorrect - the second answer on that list gives the actual explanation and doesn't mention Malware anywhere.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,299 ✭✭✭✭The Backwards Man

Up and down the last couple hours for me, down more than up actually.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,201 ✭✭✭black_frosch

Up and down the last couple hours for me, down more than up actually.

Same here

• Boards.ie Employee Posts: 12,597 ✭✭✭✭✭Boards.ie: Niamh
    Boards.ie Community Manager

Ronan has it sorted, should be back to normal now.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,762 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

Clearing your cache is like the internet version of flossing your teeth!

I don't think I've ever done this. Ever.

The foreigner residing among you must be treated as your native-born. Love them as yourself, for you were foreigners in Egypt. I am the LORD your God.

Leviticus 19:34

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

I don't think I've ever done this. Ever.

You really should, it removes plaque etc that a brush can't reach...

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,762 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

Myrddin wrote: »
    You really should, it removes plaque etc that a brush can't reach...

I meant the cache thingy, whatever that is.

The foreigner residing among you must be treated as your native-born. Love them as yourself, for you were foreigners in Egypt. I am the LORD your God.

Leviticus 19:34

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

I meant the cache thingy, whatever that is.

Just pulling yer leg :P

• Site Banned Posts: 1,735 ✭✭✭Second Toughest in_the Freshers

you guys didn't give Dav another day off did you? ;)

You know they should have called that movie 'Dav's Day on' because he was SO ON that day!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,218 ✭✭✭dexter647

Every website working for me via my wi fi except boards. Have cleared cache and reset router all to no avail. Site keeps timing out.... Any idea why this might be so??

• Registered Users Posts: 9,455 ✭✭✭weisses

It's beyond pathetic at this stage.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

dexter647 wrote: »
    Every website working for me via my wi fi except boards. Have cleared cache and reset router all to no avail. Site keeps timing out.... Any idea why this might be so??

Isis.

• Registered Users Posts: 486 ✭✭Treepole

dexter647 wrote: »

Welcome to Boards.

• Boards.ie Employee Posts: 12,597 ✭✭✭✭✭Boards.ie: Niamh
    Boards.ie Community Manager

Checking it out on our end here, it only seems to be happening to a small number of users today. Will get back to you as soon as we know anything.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,369 ✭✭✭✭sligeach

I'm having the same problem as the people above. The site simply times out, I had to download this sites app to type this post. It's the only site I'm having trouble with. It started a little over a day ago.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

ISP specific perhaps? No issues for me today, flying along.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement