Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What is wrong with the site? (Please read updated post #1)

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 4,341 Mod ✭✭✭✭TherapyBoy

dexter647 wrote: »
    Every website working for me via my wi fi except boards. Have cleared cache and reset router all to no avail. Site keeps timing out.... Any idea why this might be so??

Having this same problem. Every other site works fine on all devices through my wi-fi, but I have to access Boards through data connection on my phone. I've reset everything I can & deleted cache etc but no dice.
    Home internet is provided by Virgin Media if that makes any difference.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,526 ✭✭✭✭Darkglasses

Zero problems here.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,266 ✭✭✭NapoleonInRags

Haven't been able to access the site all morning via pc. No problem with 4g

• Registered Users Posts: 1,218 ✭✭✭dexter647

seamus wrote: »
    ISP specific perhaps? No issues for me today, flying along.

No not ISP specific as far as I'm concerned as I'm with a small wireless provider based in the south and from reading other posts from users I think that's ruled out. Started about 24 hrs ago for me....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,882 ✭✭✭Saipanne

It's like surfing the web in 1997.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,840 ✭✭✭Dav

Ronan's looking into this for you now folks, that's obviously a concern for us too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,882 ✭✭✭Saipanne

A weeks worth of posts in the Theatre forum are gone.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,840 ✭✭✭Dav

Most recent post I can see in there is one that's been deleted (for what looks like spam reasons) that was posted yesterday. Before that, nothing since December 28th.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,218 ✭✭✭dexter647

Working for me now so thanks guys:)

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 4,341 Mod ✭✭✭✭TherapyBoy

And back working fine for me now too!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,445 ✭✭✭✭thesandeman

Was getting blank pages all day. Touch. 3G. Galway. 3.
    Seems ok now.
    Can ye keep us updated on Twitter when it's down lads? It's frustrating having to come back here every twenty minutes to see if it's improved.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,807 ✭✭✭Custardpi

Pages loading properly for me now. Taking a bit longer than I'd like (other sites working fine so not the wifi) but at least they are loading as opposed to simply hanging indefinitely. My compliments to the hamsters.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,466 ✭✭✭Lumi

Custardpi wrote: »
    Pages loading properly for me now. Taking a bit longer than I'd like (other sites working fine so not the wifi) but at least they are loading as opposed to simply hanging indefinitely. My compliments to the hamsters.

Same here - thanks guys

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,764 ✭✭✭my3cents

Surely Boards.ie has some external monitoring service set up so they know about the issues as they happen rather than waiting to read posts about them?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,580 ✭✭✭moleyv

I still can't log in with G+ on my android tablet since reinstalling Boards.

Always crashes.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,369 ✭✭✭✭sligeach

The site's back working now. Thank you for fixing the problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

my3cents wrote: »
    Surely Boards.ie has some external monitoring service set up so they know about the issues as they happen rather than waiting to read posts about them?
    Things like this can be tough to track down. Since a lot of users, perhaps a majority, saw no issue today, then any external monitoring system which tests page load times may not have picked it up either.

Services that offer real end-user level monitoring via browser libraries, like NewRelic are shockingly expensive for a busy site like boards. And frankly are overkill for a site that's not selling anything.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,725 ✭✭✭shmeee

Is there a problem with posting images? Not showing up when post. On laptop using site BTW.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,452 ✭✭✭✭The_Valeyard

Is there a problem with touch.boards.ie?

I seem to be getting the full desk to view in my phone?

Bizzare.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 26,402 Mod ✭✭✭✭Peregrine

Is there a problem with touch.boards.ie?

I seem to be getting the full desk to view in my phone?

Bizzare.

Go down to the bottom of the page and press* 'Touch site'.

*Click? Touch? What's the word?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,445 ✭✭✭✭thesandeman

Peregrine wrote: »

Tap.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,452 ✭✭✭✭The_Valeyard

Peregrine wrote: »

Tried that before I posted. Odd. Ah well, not the end of the world.

Edit: Second reboot of phone seems to have solved the confuddlement.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,687 ✭✭✭✭Penny Tration

Getting a mad error when trying to upload pics. and seemingly I can't upload any screenshot because it must be smaller than 1mb (my previous screenshots were always uploaded fine). :(

• Registered Users Posts: 13,664 ✭✭✭✭joujoujou
    Unregistered Users

Getting a mad error when trying to upload pics. and seemingly I can't upload any screenshot because it must be smaller than 1mb (my previous screenshots were always uploaded fine). :(

Maybe your previous screenshots were smaller, or of different filetype?

374666.png

I'm doing it on touch, from my mobile, no difference between the last screenshot I took (in size and file type) to the last one I successfully posted.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,664 ✭✭✭✭joujoujou
    Unregistered Users

Ahh, mobile...

That's not my kettle of fish, sorry. :o

• Registered Users Posts: 2,018 ✭✭✭Slideways

Maybe I am missing something but i get logged out about once a week or so from the site. I have the box ticked to keep me logged in but I still come back online to find I am viewing as a visitor.

Then when I go to log in, it takes a looooooong time for that page to load? What gives? I'm pretty sure it is not my internet connection as I can open another tab and view other my threads in another forum while this is happening.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,089 ✭✭✭✭LizT

Slideways wrote: »
    Maybe I am missing something but i get logged out about once a week or so from the site. I have the box ticked to keep me logged in but I still come back online to find I am viewing as a visitor.

Then when I go to log in, it takes a looooooong time for that page to load? What gives? I'm pretty sure it is not my internet connection as I can open another tab and view other my threads in another forum while this is happening.

Same issue here.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

I'm doing it on touch, from my mobile, no difference between the last screenshot I took (in size and file type) to the last one I successfully posted.

What size is it exactly? And what filetype?

• Advertisement

Gordon wrote: »
    What size is it exactly? And what filetype?

0.88mb in size, file type is coming up as "image/png."

Last one I successfully uploaded was 1.52mb, image/png.

My photographs are uploading fine (bar that weird error I mentioned above), and are jpegs, so I may need to convert the png files to jpeg or something. Odd though, given the png files uploaded fine until a month or two ago

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement