Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What is wrong with the site? (Please read updated post #1)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,900 ✭✭✭InTheTrees

The only part of the page that seems to be working is the full motion video in the advertising and it cant be turned off and replays every 25 seconds.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭iPhone.

I can't login from desktop pc at all today.

Bit of info that may be of use to Boards Tech Staff - getting the padlock symbol with the red X when trying to log in. Clicking on this shows that the 'connection is encrypted using an obsolete cipher suite. Furthermore, this page includes other resources which are not secure. These resources can be viewed by others while in transit, and can be modified by an attacker to change the behaviour of the page.'

• Registered Users Posts: 3,163 ✭✭✭Shrap

No complaints from me about the slow running.....at least it will load for me, and fair play for getting it back online btw. Sounds like my laptop is doing better than either phone apps or some desktops! Still though, just thought I'd mention that adblock is currently blocking between 6 and 10 ads every time I log in, and that's nearly triple what it used to be.....don't know if the DDOS has had any bearing on this, or whether the ads have increased with cloudflare? There might be something to the complaints I've seen about the increase in banner ads and pop-ups.....

• Registered Users Posts: 4,321 ✭✭✭m17

Thanks a million dav and niamh 4 keeping us updated all week no easy task I'm sure you could do with another holiday when you get thing's sorted and don't forget to bring niamh was well cheers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,751 ✭✭✭mirrorwall14

Im a subscriber and seeing ads in beta. Yuk!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,174 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

The advanced search function still not working, logging in on my laptop still blocked. Website still very slow at times.

At least it's working!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 785 ✭✭✭Notwork Error

Getting the too many login failures error on touch again after being able to login yesterday. If I go to full site on my phone now and login there, I'm getting through though.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,605 ✭✭✭✭sryanbruen

Problems I have been suffering on the site, though I must say, it is still better than not having the site at all, a big thanks to everybody who helped get this forum back online. Whoever did the Ddos attack deserves a good knockout :mad:. Anyways problems I have been suffering:

*Slow loading speed (only on this site, whether it's logging in or posting etc)
    *Advanced search (not working)
    *Have to log in using my facebook account even though before the ddos attack, I always logged in using my google account

Apart from the slow loading speed which is a headache, there aren't any major problems for me with the site currently.

• Registered Users Posts: 86,528 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

I cant reset password as I cant remember my email address :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,666 ✭✭✭Howjoe1

Phone logged on. Pc message too many failed login message. Can't fix. Given up.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    I cant reset password as I cant remember my email address :o

You can update your email address in the CP

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,764 ✭✭✭my3cents

KERSPLAT! wrote: »
    You can update your email address in the CP

But you have to be logged in to do that:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,610 ✭✭✭Rick_

I can access everything on the site, the only 'problem' is that the site is running really slowly, but I'm sure that's just a temporary thing until everything gets fixed and you are back up and running again. :)

my3cents wrote: »
    But you have to be logged in to do that:D

I assume she is logged in if she is posting... ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,900 ✭✭✭InTheTrees

I still have to use "capture" every time.

And worst of all the site is in raw text.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,766 ✭✭✭Bongalongherb

Two days ago I got the 'Too Many Login's Problem' so I changed my boards password anyway as it needed changing but I could no longer login either and I received an e-mail from boards telling me my account was being accessed 5 times from the following ip address of which was cloudflare ? why would cloudflare be trying to access my account 5 times ? but I'd say that was just a bogey in regards to the state of the whole website and cloudflare.

I logged in the following day with my new password and all was working fine. It's still a little bit slow here but nothing major... using virgin media. It's much better than it was that's for sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 86,528 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

I assume she is logged in if she is posting... ;)

I am on my phone

I am on my phone

Go right to the bottom of the page and choose the Full Site option. Should let you change your e-mail address and you can switch back to touch afterwards.

Edit: Come to think of it, don't you need to know your password to change the e-mail address?

I am on my phone

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/profile.php?do=editpassword

Clicky to changey password :)

Tried to upload a tiny file to my comment and that won't upload so it's still a problem to upload anything at the moment.

This is the message I received the other day...

Dear Bongalongherb,

Someone has tried to log into your account on Boards.ie with an incorrect password at least 5 times. This person has been prevented from attempting to login to your account for the next 15 minutes.

The person trying to log into your account had the following IP address:

Geolocation - 162.158.39.247 United States California Los Angeles Cloudflare Inc.

All the best,
    boards.ie

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,221 ✭✭✭A_Sober_Paddy

Is the search function broken for anyone else, or just me?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,898 ✭✭✭✭Ken.

For everyone. It'll be fixed.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,133 ✭✭✭Patty O Furniture

Two days ago I got the 'Too Many Login's Problem' so I changed my boards password anyway as it needed changing but I could no longer login either and I received an e-mail from boards telling me my account was being accessed 5 times from the following ip address of which was cloudflare ? why would cloudflare be trying to access my account 5 times ? but I'd say that was just a bogey in regards to the state of the whole website and cloudflare.

I logged in the following day with my new password and all was working fine. It's still a little bit slow here but nothing major... using virgin media. It's much better than it was that's for sure.

I had the same thing on Fri nite & like JP LIZ, i couldn't remember my email, so left it & it seems to have worked itself out the next evening :confused:

I know the site is slow loading, but i'm used to that & would rather have the flash fixed in firefox as it stalls a lot & have taskmanager on to kill the process when it does that:-(

Btw: Is anyone having problems with attachments as all i'm seeing is a blank page & constantly 'connecting' :(

Thanks.

I had the same thing on Fri nite & like JP LIZ, i couldn't remember my email, so left it & it seems to have worked itself out the next evening :confused:

I know the site is slow loading, but i'm used to that & would rather have the flash fixed in firefox as it stalls a lot & have taskmanager on to kill the process when it does that:-(

Btw: Is anyone having problems with attachments as all i'm seeing is a blank page & constantly 'connecting' :(

Thanks.

Are you using windows 8 or windows 7 ? if you are talking about flash player and have a problem with it just install the latest version of flash on the link below, and uncheck the box for Mc Afcuk Afee and chrome and install it.

https://get.adobe.com/flashplayer/

• Registered Users Posts: 2,570 ✭✭✭frash

Is anyone else getting the spinning cirlce loading tabs such as 'thanks' or ' trending'

Also getting it when waiting for the "My Forums" dropdown to work

They load eventually but it's annoying

(Chrome 48.0.2564.82 m)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,570 ✭✭✭frash

Is anyone else getting the spinning cirlce loading tabs such as 'thanks' or ' trending'

Also getting it when waiting for the "My Forums" dropdown to work

They load eventually but it's annoying

(Chrome 48.0.2564.82 m)

• Registered Users Posts: 33,966 ✭✭✭✭listermint

This doesnt work on Mobile at all,

In fact mobile access via touch.boards.ie URL appears to be fubar.

It keeps telling me that the account is blocked due to incorrect attempts which is horse, because renewed the password 3 times via the link.

It doesnt work. Perhaps its the dynamic nature of IPs from network providers over mobile. But its goosed.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,495 ✭✭✭✭guil

listermint wrote: »
    This doesnt work on Mobile at all,

In fact mobile access via touch.boards.ie URL appears to be fubar.

It keeps telling me that the account is blocked due to incorrect attempts which is horse, because renewed the password 3 times via the link.

It doesnt work. Perhaps its the dynamic nature of IPs from network providers over mobile. But its goosed.

Try clearing your cache.

I had the same message the other day about too many logins but I left it and it sorted itself a few hours later. The touch site is working fine for me, just slow loading times.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,170 ✭✭✭WheatenBriar

I'm using touch
    I hope its never done away with
    Its painfully slow at the moment since the ddos
    I simply dont like the app

Is the App running at normal speed now?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,966 ✭✭✭✭listermint

guil wrote: »
    Try clearing your cache.

I had the same message the other day about too many logins but I left it and it sorted itself a few hours later. The touch site is working fine for me, just slow loading times.

did that twice, I presumed the cookies were holding sessions.

No joy, its perplexing tbh

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement