Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What is wrong with the site? (Please read updated post #1)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,177 ✭✭✭✭jimgoose

Hmm. Seems to be going like a rocket now.

• Registered Users Posts: 46,101 ✭✭✭✭muffler

Just in the last couple of minutes I have noticed the pages are loading a good bit faster. Heading in the right direction I trust.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Fred Swanson

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,624 ✭✭✭TheBody

Still slow for me. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 6,827 ✭✭✭fred funk }{

It actually seems faster than before the attack.

• Advertisement

I was just thinking the very same thing!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,764 ✭✭✭my3cents

Maybe the attack was going on for a lot longer than we think.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

Works for me via tlich Listermint, it redirects to the main site and the email/pass change page

Touch is flying along in the last 10 minutes or so

• Registered Users Posts: 1,702 ✭✭✭wiz569

Seems to be flying along at the moment :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 532 ✭✭✭511

It's taking about a second to load a page. Good Stuff.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,772 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

I'm noticing it becoming somewhat nippier than before as well. I still can't search though. I hope that'll be resolved soon.

The foreigner residing among you must be treated as your native-born. Love them as yourself, for you were foreigners in Egypt. I am the LORD your God.

Leviticus 19:34

• Registered Users Posts: 5,624 ✭✭✭TheBody

TheBody wrote: »
    Still slow for me. :(

Working great now. Must take a little longer for the internet to make it's way to the midlands!! :pac:

511 wrote: »
    It's taking about a second to load a page. Good Stuff.

Pow-AAAH. Well-hoofed, chiefs. :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,807 ✭✭✭Custardpi

Still pretty sluggish for me on the laptop but the pages are at least loading properly. Hopefully it will be faster after a few more days.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,495 ✭✭✭✭guil

Flying for me now on the touch site.

guil wrote: »

If I were to be a hypercritical arsehole, I'd say posting is still a little sluggish. But hey...

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Back to a canter now. GJ Ops team.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,453 ✭✭✭✭thesandeman

Well done all. Back to normal but faster than ever on Touch.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,170 ✭✭✭WheatenBriar

guil wrote: »

Yup,touch sites back to normal :) \0/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

Having issue where I can't log in any more. Luckily I'm still logged in on the laptop. But it said that my account was locked due to too many attempts. I then reset the password but didn't receive an email with the new one! Not sure what to do now?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,415 ✭✭✭Singer

The site is now vastly faster - requests are being served in ~300ms. Nice work.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭An Riabhach

SantryRed wrote: »
    Having issue where I can't log in any more. Luckily I'm still logged in on the laptop. But it said that my account was locked due to too many attempts. I then reset the password but didn't receive an email with the new one! Not sure what to do now?
    Same thing happened to me last night,so I just left it.

But now I've just tried and it worked fine at the first attempt,without havin to change my password.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,163 ✭✭✭Shrap

Singer wrote: »
    The site is now vastly faster - requests are being served in ~300ms. Nice work.

Same here - better than before the DDOS, I think. Nice one hamsters.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,949 ✭✭✭✭IvyTheTerrible

Lovely and fast now! :)

Thanks for the hard work, guys!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,453 ✭✭✭✭thesandeman

I think I've become acclimatised. I keep staring at the screen waiting for it to load and then I realise it's already done it while I blinked.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,936 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

site much more responsive this morning, just in time for a new week of timewasting :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 28,865 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

Things seem to be back to normal in terms of browsing speed and lack of errors this morning...

*bangs on the wooden table a few times so as not to jinx it*

Thanks to all the staff for their work over the last few days/fortnight. Have the DDOS freaks moved on then?

• Registered Users Posts: 28,865 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

Things seem to be back to normal in terms of browsing speed and lack of errors this morning...

Thanks to all the staff for their work over the last few days/fortnight. Have the DDOS freaks moved on then?

(EDIT: Damn.. double-posting still seems an issue)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,163 ✭✭✭Shrap

_Kaiser_ wrote: »

Double-post gem. :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,347 ✭✭✭Melodeon

Much thanks to the hamster-wranglers for their hard work over the last while!

By way of a bit of a heads-up, I'm getting the following error when I try to change my avatar:
    Server error

The website encountered an error while retrieving http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/profile.php?do=updateavatar. It may be down for maintenance or configured incorrectly.

Not a big issue at all and I'm sure it's most likely related to the recent issues and will be sorted in due course, but I thought I'd flag in the interests of completeness :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement