Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What is wrong with the site? (Please read updated post #1)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭Zombienosh

Things just got a lot faster.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,088 ✭✭✭stevek93

Flying along here.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,465 ✭✭✭✭Alun

Site is zipping along now! Is it my imagination or is it even faster than before, or is it just a consequence of the logged in user count being lower due to people having given up in the last few days and not discovering that things have improved?

Anyway, whatever the reason is, let's hope it continues and whatever puerile, spotty faced oik was responsible gets his/her comeuppance.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,465 ✭✭✭✭Alun

Site is zipping along now! Is it my imagination or is it even faster than before, or is it just a consequence of the logged in user count being lower due to people having given up in the last few days and not discovering that things have improved?

Anyway, whatever the reason is, let's hope it continues and whatever puerile, spotty faced oik was responsible gets his/her comeuppance.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,333 ✭✭✭Saganist

Yay.. Site is back to normal now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,321 ✭✭✭m17

Saganist wrote: »
    Yay.. Site is back to normal now.

Thank god for that and dav

• Registered Users Posts: 13,664 ✭✭✭✭joujoujou
    Unregistered Users

Tis quick alright, thank you very much.

Although doubleposting still appears. :(

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,777 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

Is anyone else having bother logging in? I keep getting an account locked message. I have to repeatedly attempt to log in to get in. Was fine over the weekend.

The foreigner residing among you must be treated as your native-born. Love them as yourself, for you were foreigners in Egypt. I am the LORD your God.

Leviticus 19:34

• Registered Users Posts: 15,365 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

Still getting the double posts randomly happening.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,875 ✭✭✭✭MugMugs

Is anyone else having bother logging in? I keep getting an account locked message. I have to repeatedly attempt to log in to get in. Was fine over the weekend.

Yes.

I have been unable to log in on mobile since the site came back online.

I've consequently, not been using the site since it came back online.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,698 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

MugMugs wrote: »
    Yes.

I have been unable to log in on mobile since the site came back online.

I've consequently, not been using the site since it came back online.

I've read on this thread that you should clear your cache and then log in no problem. Worked for me :)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,777 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

I was using incognito windows at work. I don't know how that relates to the cache though.

The foreigner residing among you must be treated as your native-born. Love them as yourself, for you were foreigners in Egypt. I am the LORD your God.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,361 ✭✭✭Boskowski

Control panel/find all posts by Boskowski is not working, correct? Search in general even?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,898 ✭✭✭✭Ken.

Boskowski wrote: »
    Control panel/find all posts by Boskowski is not working, correct? Search in general even?

As mentioned by Dav that is known and is on a list of things to fix.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,840 ✭✭✭Dav

Hey there folks, some updates...

Speed - as most of you have already reported, we seem to be running at a decent speed now, we'll keep an eye on that of course to make sure it stays that way.

Log In - this is our current highest priority work in progress. Long story short, VBulletin's security measures aren't thrilled with having CloudFlare to contend with in front of all our traffic, so we're working on finding the safest and most reliable method of getting the relevant bits of software talking to each other correctly.

Search - It'll probably be tomorrow at the earliest before that's getting looked at properly.

Automated Emails - they've been causing us to get flagged on Spamhaus (an anti-spam service), so we have to start trickling out the mails rather than sending a massive burst and getting ourselves banned again.

[edit]
    Double Posts (he says after deleting the duplicate that appeared beneath this post) - not sure what exactly is causing them, but yes, it's very frustrating. It's not quite as high a priority as the other issues I've listed though.

We'll keep you updated here as best we can when we check anything off the list.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,285 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

Flying along here too- however, the issue with duplicate messages is getting worse and worse........

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,666 ✭✭✭Pink Fairy

Double posts still an issue I see Dav ;);)

By the way guys, thanks for all your efforts in getting the site up and running again so quickly. It's easy to forget that there are people working awfully hard behind the scenes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 368 ✭✭xband

Something very odd going on with logins there.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,164 ✭✭✭✭Pherekydes

Noticeably faster today.

Good work by the team.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,466 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

Fast on the tablet, still just white background, blue text and unclickable links on the phone and somewhere in between on the PC. All very strange.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,284 ✭✭✭dubhthach

Well TCD just got hit by DDoS attack today, circa 10Gb/s of traffic on their link during the worst of it:

https://www.hea.net/mrtg/tcd7.html

• Registered Users Posts: 3,284 ✭✭✭dubhthach

Well TCD just got hit by DDoS attack today, circa 10Gb/s of traffic on their link during the worst of it:

https://www.hea.net/mrtg/tcd7.html

tcd7-day.png

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,764 ✭✭✭my3cents

Just had a wait of a few seconds for good old b-static.net, first time today, I'd hoped I'd seen the last of that hold up. Had always wondered if a DDOS attack on that domain alone could bring down boards.ie.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,555 ✭✭✭youdipstick

No emails about new posts coming through yet..

Thanks for all the work that all of you are doing,much appreciated...

• Registered Users Posts: 86,528 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

SantryRed wrote: »
    Having issue where I can't log in any more. Luckily I'm still logged in on the laptop. But it said that my account was locked due to too many attempts. I then reset the password but didn't receive an email with the new one! Not sure what to do now?

I still cant log in on laptop or computer despite changing password here still waiting email on resetting password

• Registered Users Posts: 13,605 ✭✭✭✭sryanbruen

The speed is still the same for me... I don't see any difference...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,666 ✭✭✭Pink Fairy

It's definitely slowed down again this evening.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,163 ✭✭✭Shrap

sryanbruen wrote: »
    The speed is still the same for me... I don't see any difference...

Gone again for me now. Back to this morning's speed but still usable. For a few hours after 11ish, it was mad for road boi! Couldn't last....

• Advertisement

Was about to say the same thing. Definitely slowed down over the last half hour or so.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement