Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What is wrong with the site? (Please read updated post #1)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,072 ✭✭✭mass_debater

Pink Fairy wrote: »
    It's definitely slowed down again this evening.

Yeah back to a crawl again this eve, touch site was flying earlier

Vicxas wrote: »
    Still getting the double posts randomly happening.
    I often ended up with double posts, even before the DDOS.
    I think that it is down to having a slow internet connection (crappy DSL with a ridiculous contention ratio) the more users, the higher the probability of the post appearing twice!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,225 ✭✭✭Yggr of Asgard

I only get Double Posts when I use "Quick Reply", not when using "Post Reply" or "Quote".

• Registered Users Posts: 10,495 ✭✭✭✭guil

'Twas good while it lasted.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,163 ✭✭✭Shrap

I often end up with double posts, i think that it is down to having a slow internet connection (crappy DSL with a ridiculous contention ratio) the more users, the higher the probability of the post appearing twice!
    I never get them and my internet connection is a two strand wire out of a box in the local village 2k away that's been under water for the last month! Must be just lucky....
    I only get Double Posts when I use "Quick Reply", not when using "Post Reply" or "Quote".

Just tried multi-quote for the craic. We'll see....

But that explains why I got no double posts - I never use quick reply.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,898 ✭✭✭✭Ken.

Something new just happened. I thanked a post in R&R and after a few seconds of waiting it showed up as I thanked it twice. I refreshed the page and it was just thanked once.

I think you might be on to something. I never use Quick Reply either... until now.

Test...

I think you might be on to something. I never use Quick Reply either... until now.

Test...

Edit: There ya go. My first double post!

• Registered Users Posts: 46,101 ✭✭✭✭muffler

Slowing down again for me.

Im using the quick reply for the first time ever...honestly. We'll see now if its causing the double posts or at least one of the reasons for it.

Slowing down again for me.

Im using the quick reply for the first time ever...honestly. We'll see now if its causing the double posts or at least one of the reasons for it.

• Advertisement

Yup, its causing the posts to be repeated alright. Took about 30 - 35 seconds for my previous (x2) post to load up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,751 ✭✭✭mirrorwall14

Awh no, speed gone to pot again :(

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,218 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

My speed is fairly bad both in work and at home. Pages are hanging a bit longer then they should be

Thanks for all the efforts all the same. it will get there

• Registered Users Posts: 1,647 ✭✭✭dragona

Can login on my pc but not my phone...... too many login attempts and reset password.......

Ah here, I'm having a go at this double posting via quick reply too. Aaaaaand REPEAT below......

Magic. Magic I tells ye!

Ah here, I'm having a go at this double posting via quick reply too. Aaaaaand REPEAT below......

Magic. Magic I tells ye!

Karsini wrote: »

Test...

Edit: There ya go. My first double post!
    Yes, quick replies tend to multiply far more often than normal replies.

God, I'm such a child :o:)

• Registered Users Posts: 18,174 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

Ah for God sake. After waiting for days hoping it would sort itself out, I changed my password, only for the same issue to be there. My account is STILL locked.

Search function STILL not working.

I had been greatful and praiseful towards the Boards.he staff for getting the site back up to now, but I'm quite frankly becoming pissed off at this stage.

Can we at least have an ETA for these issues to be fixed? Come on like!

Ask the perpetrators of the DDOS to desist!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,285 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

Serious speed issues again this evening- whatever the poor hamster did earlier must have exhausted it- we're back at 10-20 second page loads- the site is unusable on either touch or the main site......... sorry guys.

Carnacalla wrote: »
    Ah for God sake......//.....Come on like!

Oh right, you're registered! Was wondering about the tone of text. How much do you reckon you're due back for the service outage then? :pac:

Edit: Oh wait.....no, that was a subscriber I was thinking of.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,495 ✭✭✭Damien360

Shrap wrote: »
    Oh right, you're registered! Was wondering about the tone of text. How much do you reckon you're due back for the service outage then? :pac:

Edit: Oh wait.....no, that was a subscriber I was thinking of.

If boards site owners took the same attitude, they would loose users hand over fist. Registered or subscriber, too many outages will push people away to alternatives and they can kiss the advertising revenue away.

Damien360 wrote: »
    If boards site owners took the same attitude, they would loose users hand over fist. Registered or subscriber, too many outages will push people away to alternatives and they can kiss the advertising revenue away.

Yeah, pretty sure they've thought of that and are doing all they can. Getting snippy with the poor feckers won't help even a little bit.

Patience people, patience. And maybe a sense of humour about our dependency on t'internet.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 1,495 ✭✭✭pajero12

Got a weird page telling me to enter one of the captchas as a security measure when i clicked on my boards bookmark. It took 3 refreshes to get rid of it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 785 ✭✭✭Notwork Error

Found a way around the "too many login failures message". Not able to login at all on touch or full site due to the error but changing to beta site and logging in there , works every time for me and I'm still logged in when I go back to touch and full site.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,495 ✭✭✭Damien360

Found a way around the "too many login failures message". Not able to login at all on touch or full site due to the error but changing to beta site and logging in there , works every time for me and I'm still logged in when I go back to touch and full site.

Lovely stuff. For those reading this and wondering how it is done. Go to boards main site. Scroll down to bottom of the page and among the small writing is "turn beta on", Log in and then scroll down and click "turn beta off". Now logged in to desktop site.

• Registered Users Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

Getting issues with the password & too many logins issues.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,433 ✭✭✭airuser

If I use Safari to join boards.ie, I am locked out. This has been a problem from the DDos problems. Changed browser to Firefox or Chtome and it appears to be a fix.

As I am a Mac user Safari is my main browser.

Finding the loading of pages a tad slow at present.

Enjoy Boards and hope matters will return to full speed shortly.

Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,433 ✭✭✭airuser

If I use Safari to join boards.ie, I am locked out. This has been a problem from the DDos problems. Changed browser to Firefox or Chtome and it appears to be a fix.

As I am a Mac user Safari is my main browser.

Finding the loading of pages a tad slow at present.

Enjoy Boards and hope matters will return to full speed shortly.

Thanks

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement