Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What is wrong with the site? (Please read updated post #1)

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 47,818 Mod ✭✭✭✭cyberwolf77

Dav wrote: »
    Looks like your connection to http://www.b-static.net (where all our images and style sheets etc are stored) is still blocked. Try to click the link here and load it and let me know if you're still experiencing issues.
    Try this, it worked for me.
    Are users abroad not getting the same fix at the same time? Desktop site is still a total disaster for me. Speed OK, but cannot log in and the whole site looks almost HTML, no graphics or anything. Fine on touch bar a captcha for nearly every second or third click.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,465 ✭✭✭✭Alun

Image attachments still not working for me. Clicking on them results in a long wait followed by a 1x1, i.e. single pixel image.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,900 ✭✭✭InTheTrees

Looks like your connection to http://www.b-static.net (where all our images and style sheets etc are stored) is still blocked. Try to click the link here and load it and let me know if you're still experiencing issues.

Brilliant. This has cured the awful plain html look for me.

Edit: For about ten minutes. now i'm back to a mix of raw Html and some graphics.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,466 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

The touch site hasn't worked all day for me. Endless captcha demands (stupid ****ing recipes again, over and over and then a white error screen with black text I can't read on the phone

As fast as it ever was for me now once again , though as others have said there's a noticeable delay when posting and I'm still getting double posts if using quick replay.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,605 ✭✭✭✭sryanbruen

Exceptionally fast, well done!!! Again... posting speed is still slow but whatever... the loading speed is epic for everything else.

• Registered Users Posts: 48 ubermick

The site in general is bollixed for me with the constant requiring of captcha. Site doesn't keep me logged in at all, and when I do log in, be it from the desktop, mobile, or tablet, I get the style and image free 1990 version since I need to manually go to the b-static site and do a captcha there as well.

Even then only half the images load, and if I close the window for whatever reason, I have to go through it all again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,080 ✭✭✭McChubbin

To the lovely folks at the help desk who got back to me via email when I was freaking out over potentially losing my account:
    THANK YOU! I was so certain this account was banjaxed due to being linked to my old defunct email but nope, problem was swiftly sorted and all is well. Thank you so much! If I knew where to send one, I'd bake ye a cake! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭An Riabhach

Apologies if this question has been asked already,but have the email notifications for new posts on threads that we follow...have those notifications stopped?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,006 ✭✭✭_Tombstone_

Apologies if this question has been asked already,but have the email notifications for new posts on threads that we follow...have those notifications stopped?

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=98500219&postcount=1137

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,791 ✭✭✭Buffman

Desktop site won't let me login unless I leave the 'stay logged in' option checked, just skips back to the index without logging me in if I uncheck it. I'm using firefox.

FYI, if you move to a 'smart' meter electricity plan, you CAN'T move back to a non-smart plan.

You don't have to take a 'smart' meter if you don't want one, opt-out is available.

Buy drinks in 3L or bigger plastic bottles or glass bottles to avoid the DRS fee.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,740 ✭✭✭yankinlk

to be fair. just switched to firefox after a really bad chrome week. low and behold boards.ie is running faster than i ever recall...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭An Riabhach

Notifications back again almost directly after I posted my previous post!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,161 ✭✭✭messinkiapina

Site isn't displaying properly for me at all. Makes it very hard to read. I'm abroad at the moment, is that the problem?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 47,818 Mod ✭✭✭✭cyberwolf77

Site isn't displaying properly for me at all. Makes it very hard to read. I'm abroad at the moment, is that the problem?

http://www.b-static.net/
    Open that in new tab, then refresh boards. Repeat as necessary.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,161 ✭✭✭messinkiapina

http://www.b-static.net/
    Open that in new tab, then refresh boards. Repeat as necessary.

That sorted it, thanks!

Went through the same thing myself.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 832 ✭✭✭Notavirus.exe

I tried to log in a few days ago and it told me my account was locked and to reset my password. I know this happens when you enter the wrong password too many times but I didn't enter it incorrectly at all. This hasn't happened since.

Is this a known problem?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,495 ✭✭✭Damien360

I tried to log in a few days ago and it told me my account was locked and to reset my password. I know this happens when you enter the wrong password too many times but I didn't enter it incorrectly at all. This hasn't happened since.

Is this a known problem?

Load beta site (small writing bottom of desktop site). Log in. Scroll down again and turn off beta site. You are now logged on to desktop.

• Registered Users Posts: 83,118 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

any fix for doubleposting?

• Advertisement

Overheal wrote: »
    any fix for doubleposting?
    Don't use quick reply seems to be the workaround for the moment.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,859 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Or, if you're using the quick reply, this is what's been working for me today.

Click 'Post Reply' ONCE, and wait until the little loading circle appears - you will notice that the 'round arrow' beside the url in the address bar is still. As soon as the little loading circle disappears, the page starts 'refreshing/loading' automatically, so stop it by pressing the 'X' beside the url where th 'round arrow' was - this should give you a blank page. Refresh the page again, and there you have it, single post.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,584 CMod ✭✭✭✭Steve

Yeah, yeah, double double posts posts are are a a pain pain.. thanks thanks.. :):)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,584 CMod ✭✭✭✭Steve

And the above was a quick reply - single post, so there goes that theory, everything else I posted tonight duped.

:(

And the above was a quick reply - single post, so there goes that theory, everything else I posted tonight duped.

:(

Ah, ffs ^^

:D

Yeah its like feedback quick replies work just to f with you

But they still take forever to post.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,716 ✭✭✭Balmed Out

just me or problem attaching pictures?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

Balmed Out wrote: »
    just me or problem attaching pictures?

Just you.....everyone else gave up trying long ago ;)

Short answer.....don't know!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement