Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What is wrong with the site? (Please read updated post #1)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,088 ✭✭✭stevek93

mamax wrote: »
    And how would you know that ?
    And why would you bother to quote me ?

FYI you are wrong btw !

I work in IT...

• Registered Users Posts: 37,301 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

I can only assume its picking up the high number of "members" from where I work as a problem. Which is rather absurd.
    Oddly, when it was at it's worst, I could only browse boards whilst at work, as it wasn't working at home. Works okay for me at home now, thankfully, butnot so much other people in the house.
    mamax wrote: »
    Can't get on with wifi at work but 3G no problem lol
    You really need professional help with this
    I wonder who do people think work for boards.ie?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,453 ✭✭✭✭thesandeman

Maybe s/he meant they needed professional help themself to get it sorted?

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,466 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

Hola browser seems to fix the problem with Captcha loops on touch from out foreign if that helps anyone.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,949 ✭✭✭✭IvyTheTerrible

Hola browser seems to fix the problem with Captcha loops on touch from out foreign if that helps anyone.

It was looping for me, but not when I access the site via b-static.net

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

Dunno is this related, but has anyone else's CSS gone walkabout?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,690 ✭✭✭✭Skylinehead

I'd uninstall that if I were you, it's a botnet.

http://www.pcworld.com/article/2929992/hola-browser-extension-should-be-uninstalled-researchers-say.html

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

Touch site on mobile seems to be reverting to the full site for me and go to last unread post is not working

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 26,402 Mod ✭✭✭✭Peregrine

I wouldn't use that if I were you. You'd more or less be an exit node for all kinds of traffic.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,894 ✭✭✭kala85

Is there a way to get the email notification back working again or is it completely gone?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,453 ✭✭✭✭thesandeman

Banjaxed for me on Opera today. Just a wall of text. It's working fine on Boat though.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,466 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

Peregrine wrote: »
    I wouldn't use that if I were you. You'd more or less be an exit node for all kinds of traffic.

Well maybe the site will work without it sometime soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,913 ✭✭✭Pintman Paddy Losty

Does boards have insurance policies to cover things like this?

I'd imagine the Talk To forums would be pretty annoyed at the site being down/unuseable for such an extended period and would look for compensation.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,285 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

Crawling again this evening- when you hit post- its taking 14 seconds to get to the message box- and then another 22 seconds to finalise when you hit the 'Submit Reply' button. This is the full desktop site. It was fine this morning...... :(

Duplicates also seem to have gotten worse last night and today too (unless a spate of people all decided to use the 'quick reply' function today- who haven't been doing so all week).

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,584 CMod ✭✭✭✭Steve

Normal reply...

Just wondering if there is a fix for dupe replies, really sick of having to delete a post every time.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,584 CMod ✭✭✭✭Steve

And quick reply..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,072 ✭✭✭mass_debater

Steve wrote: »
    Normal reply...

Just wondering if there is a fix for dupe replies, really sick of having to delete a post every time.

Stop using the quick reply

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

Strange, I'm having no issues at all with touch. or with the main site

Stop using the quick reply

Yeah, I'll try.. it doesn't always happen tho.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Style sheet seems to be totally borked right now guys.

Update:

[img][/img]http://i.imgur.com/9fzushc.png

BBCode buttons not working either. Multiple browsers, logged in and logged out. Better on the old theme but still broken.

EDIT: Back to normal now.

• Advertisement

CSS is fine for me - try a hard refresh.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,174 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

Had been having no issues over the past week until this evening (Thanks Tech Team!). Gone very sluggish now though.

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭Jasnah

Site has essentially been unuseable for me for weeks now, have changed my skin to try and help it (previously on New Beta, which lacked any kind of formatting at all). Currently on blue skin and all image links are dead.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,584 ✭✭✭✭kippy

Jasnah wrote: »
    Site has essentially been unuseable for me for weeks now, have changed my skin to try and help it (previously on New Beta, which lacked any kind of formatting at all). Currently on blue skin and all image links are dead.
    Can you not go back to the default Vanilla site until all issues are resolved?
    No issues here whatsoever for the past few days.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,088 ✭✭✭stevek93

To all who is having issues with the site did you try clearing the browsers cache?

I've bad no issues bar attachments not loading.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,480 ✭✭✭Devastator

I'm having the exact same problem as Ed E above mentioned. Whte backround, format all over the place, no buttons or quote tabs or anything available. It just started this afternoon randomly. Its the same on firefox & chrome! I cleared my browser history but nothing changed. Can someone help? This is very annoying

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 47,818 Mod ✭✭✭✭cyberwolf77

Devastator wrote: »
    I'm having the exact same problem as Ed E above mentioned. Whte backround, format all over the place, no buttons or quote tabs or anything available. It just started this afternoon randomly. Its the same on firefox & chrome! I cleared my browser history but nothing changed. Can someone help? This is very annoying

In Chrome hit F12. Open one of the links with bstatic in a new tab. Then refresh main site

• Registered Users Posts: 1,755 ✭✭✭BandMember

Hi folks, ever since the site went down I no longer receive any e-mail notifications of posts in the threads that I am following. I tried to post this in the Helpdesk area but it wouldn't let me for some strange reason. I am wondering if a fix is being worked on?

P.S. Welcome back! :) Don't ever leave us again!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,755 ✭✭✭BandMember

Hi folks, ever since the site went down I no longer receive any e-mail notifications of posts in the threads that I am following. I tried to post this in the Helpdesk area but it wouldn't let me for some strange reason. I am wondering if a fix is being worked on?

P.S. Welcome back! :) Don't ever leave us again!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,480 ✭✭✭Devastator

In Chrome hit F12. Open one of the links with bstatic in a new tab. Then refresh main site

wow! I hit f12 but got lost trying to open a link in bstatic(not v.technical lol) so just started clicking things but it worked whatever I clicked on as you can probably guess as I can quote now! Thanks cyberwolf :cool:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement