Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What is wrong with the site? (Please read updated post #1)

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 47,818 Mod ✭✭✭✭cyberwolf77

Devastator wrote: »
    wow! I hit f12 but got lost trying to open a link in bstatic(not v.technical lol) so just started clicking things but it worked whatever I clicked on as you can probably guess as I can quote now! Thanks cyberwolf :cool:

next time look for something like this: b-static.net

Right-click that after you hit F12 and you all good I has found.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,480 ✭✭✭Devastator

next time look for something like this: b-static.net

Right-click that after you hit F12 and you all good I has found.

Fingers crossed there won't be a next time lol:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 15,365 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

This new cloudflare browser detection is playing havoc with the images on the site now. Site wont load properly despite deleting cookies several times

http://i.imgur.com/NrMbcTp.png

• Registered Users Posts: 14,150 ✭✭✭✭LuckyGent88

Devastator wrote: »
    I'm having the exact same problem as Ed E above mentioned. Whte backround, format all over the place, no buttons or quote tabs or anything available. It just started this afternoon randomly. Its the same on firefox & chrome! I cleared my browser history but nothing changed. Can someone help? This is very annoying

This has been my problem for the past 24 hours now. I only use site on mobile basically but it's just been horrendous to try and use.
    All white background, text all over the place, can't go quick to a topic as have to go through search function.

Have tried clearing history but that hasn't worked. Any help appreciated??

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,859 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

This has been my problem for the past 24 hours now. I only use site on mobile basically but it's just been horrendous to try and use.
    All white background, text all over the place, can't go quick to a topic as have to go through search function.

Have tried clearing history but that hasn't worked. Any help appreciated??

Go to www.b-static.net, it should bring you to the 'proper' main page of Boards. If it doesn't work the first time, refresh the page until it does.

• Advertisement

New Home wrote: »
    Go to www.b-static.net, it should bring you to the 'proper' main page of Boards. If it doesn't work the first time, refresh the page until it does.

Thanks but didn't work anyway. Just says page not found and nothing happens upon constantly refreshing. Not sure does the fact I'm logging in from Germany make a difference.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,859 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Thanks but didn't work anyway. Just says page not found and nothing happens upon constantly refreshing. Not sure does the fact I'm logging in from Germany make a difference.

It's very odd, the www.b-static.net 'trick' should work...
    Try checking Twitter, or send them a tweet yourself - https://twitter.com/boards/with_replies.

Alternatively you could try emailing Niamh/Dav at hello@boards.ie and tell them what's been happening, they may have some more suggestions for you - keep in mind that they're still working on fixing the site.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 368 ✭✭xband

The site definitely still feels a bit 'bursty' where you're getting delays then suddenly it speeds along.

It's a little annoying, but usable. I'd say it would put off new users though or people who aren't familiar with boards.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 58,456 ✭✭✭✭ibarelycare

I was posting from the desktop site on my work computer this morning. Just tried to go into the site again and I'm being asked to log in but when I try I'm getting "500 internal server error" :(

New Home wrote: »
    It's very odd, the www.b-static.net 'trick' should work...
    Try checking Twitter, or send them a tweet yourself - https://twitter.com/boards/with_replies.

Alternatively you could try emailing Niamh/Dav at hello@boards.ie and tell them what's been happening, they may have some more suggestions for you - keep in mind that they're still working on fixing the site.

Just back working properly now anyway so all good.

Hope it stays that way. Cheers for the advice anyway.

• Advertisement
  • Boards.ie Employee Posts: 12,597 ✭✭✭✭✭Boards.ie: Niamh
    Boards.ie Community Manager

kala85 wrote: »
    Is there a way to get the email notification back working again or is it completely gone?
    No, they will definitely be back.
    BandMember wrote: »
    Hi folks, ever since the site went down I no longer receive any e-mail notifications of posts in the threads that I am following. I tried to post this in the Helpdesk area but it wouldn't let me for some strange reason. I am wondering if a fix is being worked on?

P.S. Welcome back! :) Don't ever leave us again!!

We needed to disable the notifications for a while but they will be back.
    I was posting from the desktop site on my work computer this morning. Just tried to go into the site again and I'm being asked to log in but when I try I'm getting "500 internal server error" :(
    That was a log in error for a short while yesterday, it should be back to normal since about 10.30am yesterday.

Just wondering, are there any updates on the attachments/images? I'm still getting this and this, not sure if anyone else is too.

Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,689 ✭✭✭Tombi!

Would the slow loading affect how the ads work at all?
    I used to have to use an adblocker because it would load the page, let me scroll or read the posts and then load the actual ads meaning the page would kinda hop a bit - I disabled the blocker just now and the ads load perfectly fine.
    I'm more than happy to leave the adblocker off for good now.
    It's something I noticed and I'd honestly rather leave it off on here but I had it active since it was actually disrupting my browsing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,380 ✭✭✭✭Banjo String

Advanced search not working.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Main Page and My Threads sections of the site seems to be painfully slow at the moment as is posting.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

getting 503s

Also got a couple of CloudFlare errors reporting the touch site as offline.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,465 ✭✭✭mayo.mick

Karsini wrote: »

Same as that, can't access at all on mobile. Timed out.

boards%20error_zpscke1w3vu.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

Same here,have logged in now using Beta

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,466 ✭✭✭Lumi

I'm getting 524 errors browsing full site on Safari

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

A pallet, nay shed load of 503's, looks like Cloudflare want their next payment. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 86,529 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Karsini wrote: »

Got these too now from desktop computer log in

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,840 ✭✭✭Dav

Our sys admin was tinkering with trying to get one of our machines back online and behaving like it used to. Should all have been reversed and stable again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

Dav wrote: »
    Our sys admin was tinkering with trying to get one of our machines back online and behaving like it used to. Should all have been reversed and stable again.
    Did the hamster get a promotion?

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

smash wrote: »
    Did the hamster get a promotion?

No just some higher protein food :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,194 ✭✭✭padyjoe

I know after the ddos attack boards.ie have introduced more safety measures but I access boards on Opera Mini 4 which is the most handiest thing if one is after reading. Because it's compressing contents the Opera servers must be sending more request as usual so the hated re-captcha or whatyoucallit comes up and the Mini doesn't handle that. I still want to use Opera Mini and read boards.ie. I wonder could be anything done on your side to enable access? Thank you!

• Site Banned Posts: 1,735 ✭✭✭Second Toughest in_the Freshers

do you use the m.boards.ie site?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,605 ✭✭✭✭sryanbruen

Well one thing that the site has done now that it didn't do before the DDOS attack is keeping me logged in! Before the attack, I always said keep me logged in and it didn't which was annoying. But now I just go onto Boards.ie and there my account is logged in! THANK GOD....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,194 ✭✭✭padyjoe

No, I'm using the desktop layout which is a lot nicer to read on a small screen. (Don't laugh now, my main phone is a Nokia E72, sometimes android, that's why this Opera Mini thing. Probably not many of us with this setup this days. :) )
    do you use the m.boards.ie site?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,687 ✭✭✭✭Penny Tration

Getting some odd errors. Screenshot attached

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement