Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What is wrong with the site? (Please read updated post #1)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,687 ✭✭✭✭Penny Tration

Getting some odd errors. Screenshot attached

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,687 ✭✭✭✭Penny Tration

Can't attach screenshots. Getting more errors when I try :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 12,812 ✭✭✭✭bear1

Now the site is just in text form for me now :( it just gets worse and worse.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,859 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

bear1 wrote: »
    Now the site is just in text form for me now :( it just gets worse and worse.

Go to www.b-static.net, it should bring you to the 'proper' main page of Boards. If it doesn't work the first time, just refresh the page.

I've tried over and over and it just gives me the 404 error.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,859 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Then I'm at a loss, sorry...

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,312 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

Clear your DNS cache, "ipconfig /flushdns" on Windows. Then try the site.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,174 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

Heres a weird issue, Threads from days ago are randomly being marked as unread.

Spear wrote: »
    Clear your DNS cache, "ipconfig /flushdns" on Windows. Then try the site.

Nope unfortunately its still the same. Even on the phone or work computer.

And another issue, after 11pm every night Boards.ie fcuks up on Chrome and I have to switch to the dreaded IE!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,622 ✭✭✭Ruu

Got a site offline error a few moments ago, it was attached to the Cloudfare website.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,900 ✭✭✭InTheTrees

I've noticed that posting a reply using a quote from a double post wont work, the quoted text doesn't show up, if you try and quote from the first double post..it has to be from the second. Its like the first double post is blank.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,893 ✭✭✭Canis Lupus

I'm finally whinging... Ever since the very first attack months ago this site just hasn't been the same. It has become slow and frustrating to use. It's not a fun experience anymore.

Just got some 524 errors from CloudFlare.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,936 ✭✭✭LEIN

Anyone having issues with email notifications?

• Registered Users Posts: 23,777 ✭✭✭✭One eyed Jack

I'm getting some site unreachable errors in my browser for the touch site where Cloudflare should have kicked in and indicated the site is offline. It's fairly frustrating when I've written a post and the site is unavailable when I submit the post.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,937 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

LEIN wrote: »
    I get one every 48 hours when it used to be about 40 a day...

• Registered Users Posts: 214 ✭✭atsbury

I'm having the same issue. Haven't received an email notification in a while

• Registered Users Posts: 9,324 ✭✭✭keps

Same here - stopped getting 'reply' notification across all threads a few days ago

• Registered Users Posts: 9,936 ✭✭✭LEIN

Some come through no problem. Mainly from the talk to section then absolutely nothing from others.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,840 ✭✭✭Dav

We're trying to get our email back up and running today - we keep getting blacklisted after turning it back on because we send so much out and because things are now hidden behind CloudFlare, Spamhaus thinks we're sending fake emails and so blacklists them once again. It's proving very stubborn to get sorted, but I'll keep you as up to date on it as I can.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,011 ✭✭✭✭Johnboy1951

I wish I could post :(

Heck that went through!

Wonder now if I can post in other sections .....

Dav wrote: »
    We're trying to get our email back up and running today - we keep getting blacklisted after turning it back on because we send so much out and because things are now hidden behind CloudFlare, Spamhaus thinks we're sending fake emails and so blacklists them once again. It's proving very stubborn to get sorted, but I'll keep you as up to date on it as I can.
    Just a stab in the dark here but is your SPF record configured correctly? You may need to add the CloudFlare IPs to it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Why are the dupes occurring and that pregnant pause when hitting reply?

• Registered Users Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

Saw a post from Niamh that this was disabled for the moment.

Why are the dupes occurring and that pregnant pause when hitting reply?

Well, you're old enough to be told, now.

When two posts love each other very much... :pac:

Ted_YNWA wrote: »
    Saw a post from Niamh that this was disabled for the moment.

And I read a post from DAV 4 posts before you on this thread!

• Registered Users Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

Carnacalla wrote:
    And I read a post from DAV 4 posts before you on this thread!

Delay in posting that. Board's lagged.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,194 ✭✭✭padyjoe

Opera Mini works again. Cheers!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 47,251 CMod ✭✭✭✭Black Swan

Thanks Niamh, Dav, and the systems folks for all the hard work they have done to fix our login and functionality problems.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement