Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What is wrong with the site? (Please read updated post #1)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,647 ✭✭✭✭El Weirdo

I can't seem to turn of beta on my phone (Chrome/Android 5.0.2).

It's crap. Crap crap crap. It doesn't work.

I can't browse the site other than the trending tab on the home page. The other tabs do nothing. It appears that I have 20+ notifications of some sort, yet when I tap on them nothing happens.

I had to wait until I got to my laptop so I could find Feedback and post this.

Oh, and it still looks ****ing dreadful.

Any way I can get the old touch site back?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

muffler wrote: »
    Ah! You know how to use a keyboard. It seems my previous attempt at sarcasm has gone unnoticed ;)

Did I miss something ? ;)

My subscriber stars are working fine....site is sloooooowwwww though

• Registered Users Posts: 4,321 ✭✭✭m17

Did I miss something ? ;)

My subscriber stars are working fine....site is sloooooowwwww though

Give them a chance it takes time

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators, Regional North Mods, Regional West Moderators, Regional South East Moderators, Regional North East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 8,032 CMod ✭✭✭✭Gaspode

Just came here to pretty much post this:
    El Weirdo wrote: »

I can't browse the site other than the trending tab on the home page. The other tabs do nothing. It appears that I have 20+ notifications of some sort, yet when I tap on them nothing happens.

Moderation is totally out of the question, cant even open reported posts.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,285 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

Every second or third attempt to open a thread- times out. About 1-in-3 give or take. The other attempts- are zippy. Its not consistent.

Edit: trying to post this- timed out- before it invoked b-static.......

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,349 ✭✭✭naughto

still no email alerts:confused::confused::confused::confused::confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,707 ✭✭✭Worztron

naughto wrote: »
    still no email alerts:confused::confused::confused::confused::confused:

I got an email notification for this thread but for none of my other threads. :confused:

Mitch Hedberg: "Rice is great if you're really hungry and want to eat two thousand of something."

• Registered Users Posts: 3,724 ✭✭✭Metric Tensor

El Weirdo wrote: »

I had this problem too. Clearing the history on my phone browser sorted it out for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,647 ✭✭✭✭El Weirdo

I had this problem too. Clearing the history on my phone browser sorted it out for me.

Thank you.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,610 ✭✭✭Rick_

As someone who didn't suffer from the double posting issue before, I now find that it is affecting me (but not all the time, as it didn't happen here but did a few minutes ago in another sub).

Also, editing posts or deleting the duplicates takes a lot longer than it used to (again in other subs. In this one it is rather snappy).

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,622 ✭✭✭Ruu

It was working so well over the past 4-5 days and this morning got CAPTCHA'd.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 68,370 Mod ✭✭✭✭Grid.

Just wondering when people over seas will be able to register for a new account?

Thanks

I still can't upload files, I get the one pixel image.
    Running Ubuntu & firefox.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

This double posting and editing arsery is very tedious. What's causing it?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,174 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

Double Posting issue getting worse, and the attached images not working is getting annoying.
    Is there an end in Sight?

The email alerts have improved slightly but are in no way comprehensive.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,006 ✭✭✭_Tombstone_

Curious why take so long to fix alright? Every bug reported on the Thread seems to still be there weeks (?) later?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,900 ✭✭✭InTheTrees

I'm getting captcha all the time again.

Why does it never seem to accept my answer the first time too? Annoying.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,859 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

New Home wrote: »
    Hi folks,

A new one for me - I tried to post a query on the Electric Ireland page, but I got this error message: 'In order to accept POST requests originating from this domain, the admin must add this domain to the whitelist'.. The URL of that page was www.boards.ie/ttforum/1349/createthread.
    The thread didn't post, at least I cannot see it there.

Any ideas?

Thanks.

The same thing has been happening with the Talk to Vodafone page - has anyone any suggestion or has come across the same problem?

• Registered Users Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

The same thing has been happening with the Talk to Vodafone page - has anyone any suggestion or has come across the same problem?

It is a sign you are complaining too much. :P

Have been pretty much ok here for the past while, waiting for that to blow up completely anytime now.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,859 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

:D Thanks Ted, you're always ssssooooooo helpful... :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,840 ✭✭✭Dav

Attachments should be working again now.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,312 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

Dav wrote: »

Can we get the b-static.net/images stuff addressed next? It means even basic things like the DRP flowchart are missing. Even the hearts from the matchmaker thingy are gone.

On Android this morning CAPTCHA has been malfunctioning.

Once you paste their piece of text into the appropriate window there's no "Verify" button! Its gone! So You cant continue.

And yes, I've refreshed and it doesnt come back.

Dav wrote: »

Attachments posted a few days ago still aren't opening, they come up with 'clear' as a tab heading and an empty page underneath - are they supposed to be working only if they've been posted starting from today?

Attachments posted a few days ago still aren't opening, they come up with 'clear' as a tab heading and an empty page underneath - are they supposed to be working only if they've been posted starting from today?

Yes, anything attached whilst they weren't working will continue to be not working.

The other b-static stuff Spear is work in progress.

Thanks for that Dav.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,011 ✭✭✭✭Johnboy1951

I continue to be unable to post ....... any suggestions?

reCAPTCHA is STILL not working on android tablets that dont support firefox or chrome.

Absolutely ridiculous. And no solution offered either just a statement from "captcha" saying we're sh1t out of luck all because the "verify" button doesnt show up? FFs cant these people make software that actually functions correctly?

Can no longer use boards.ie on a tablet, ah well. Grr

InTheTrees wrote: »
    reCAPTCHA is STILL not working on android tablets that dont support firefox or chrome.

Absolutely ridiculous. And no solution offered either just a statement from "captcha" saying we're sh1t out of luck all because the "verify" button doesnt show up? FFs cant these people make software that actually functions correctly?

Can no longer use boards.ie on a tablet, ah well. Grr

I'm curious - is it that your browser won't play ball with Cloudflare's reCAPTCHA or what's going on? How can an Android tablet not support Chrome?

• Advertisement

I continue to be unable to post ....... any suggestions?
    You're posting that you can't post...
    240?cb=20110701192358

I'll need a bit more info from you please Johnboy, sorry sir. What're you having a problem with, I've looked for your previous posts on this thread, you haven't actually said what's wrong. You've also been posting across the rest of the site, so I'm at a loss as to what's wrong.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement