Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What is wrong with the site? (Please read updated post #1)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,011 ✭✭✭✭Johnboy1951

Sixth attempt to post a response

Now trying to edit it ...

I used Reply to Thread at top of page instead of usual Post Reply at bottom ...... wonder if that made any diff?

Long wait ...... waiting for boards.ie ....

• Registered Users Posts: 855 ✭✭✭manna452121

Still getting no e-mail notifications,any update?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,840 ✭✭✭Dav

Sixth attempt to post a response

Now trying to edit it ...

I used Reply to Thread at top of page instead of usual Post Reply at bottom ...... wonder if that made any diff?

Long wait ...... waiting for boards.ie ....

You haven't given me any information to work with here, where are you posting from? What kind of device? Are any other websites affected?

Manna, we're still working on the email notifications.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 713 ✭✭✭Edward Hopper

Custom avatars still don't work. You can't upload a new one. Andres did say on site development thread issue was fixed. It isn't.

http://touch.boards.ie/thread/2057555066/1/#post98705528

• Registered Users Posts: 855 ✭✭✭manna452121

Thanks Dav.

• Advertisement

OK, will put that back on his list, thanks for the heads up.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

If quick replies are buggering up the double posts, why not disable them in the mean time?

Lol.

I just quickposted...:o

Dav wrote: »
    You haven't given me any information to work with here, where are you posting from? What kind of device? Are any other websites affected?

Failed to post an answer or even edit to previous post.
    I made many attempts, as I have over the past weeks.

Posting from desktop .... running Linux.

Tried four browsers - all the same.

Only boards.ie is affected - ever since the first come-back from the ddos attack.

All I see is ... Waiting for boards.ie ... at the bottom of the browser.
    and after a few minutes ...
    The connection was reset

The connection to the server was reset while the page was loading.

The site could be temporarily unavailable or too busy. Try again in a few moments.

Wow, that went through!

EDIT:

As did this one ...... after some time, but not sufficiently long for it to time out.

Dav,

Let me know if there is anything else I can provide and I will try to do so IF I can post.

EDIT

Used Quick Reply and got duplicate post.

EDIT 2

Used Slimjet browser for these posts ..... if that makes any difference.

• Advertisement

Dav,

Let me know if there is anything else I can provide and I will try to do so IF I can post.

• Registered Users Posts: 65,423 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

Seriously, the double posts are embarrassing. I keep putting in an effort to delete most of my double posts, but there are many of them from other people left out there. If one of my customers got back to me with a problem like this, I'd work frantically 24/7 to get it sorted and I doubt it would take me longer than a day. If I failed to fix it, my customer would walk away and never pay me again. Simple.

Why is this not fixed? Are boards.ie IT staff not capable of handling issues like this? In the unlikely case that the problem is too complex for anyone to fix in a month, maybe share the details here and some boards Einstein might help?

Sorry for the rant but the current status is not acceptable. Maybe some of the people in charge of boards.ie need a stiff kick up their back sides to fix this...

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,305 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

It's double posts, it's not the end of the feckin' world. I really can't understand why people are getting so worked up over something so inconsequential. If people stopped using the quick reply box the amount of double posts would drop dramatically, but in the grand scheme of things they're a very small percentage of the overall posts on the site. A little perspective is probably what's needed more than anything else.

Just a friendly suggestion, should Quick Reply be disabled for now?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,764 ✭✭✭my3cents

Zaph wrote: »
    It's double posts, it's not the end of the feckin' world. I really can't understand why people are getting so worked up over something so inconsequential. If people stopped using the quick reply box the amount of double posts would drop dramatically, but in the grand scheme of things they're a very small percentage of the overall posts on the site. A little perspective is probably what's needed more than anything else.

You may only see a small percentage because people are going back and deleting the duplicates?

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,305 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

my3cents wrote: »
    You may only see a small percentage because people are going back and deleting the duplicates?

Admins can see all the deleted posts and also all the reported posts where people are asking for duplicates to be removed. I just don't understand why it's bothering people that much because the vast majority of posts on the site aren't duplicated.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,311 ✭✭✭BreadnBuddha

Zaph wrote: »
    Admins can see all the deleted posts and also all the reported posts where people are asking for duplicates to be removed. I just don't understand why it's bothering people that much because the vast majority of posts on the site aren't duplicated.

It's a complete nuisance.

There's no point in dismissing the matter.

The fact is, it's impacting on users experience and that's not a good thing, given that boards.ie is no longer the defacto online hang out it once was.

Between the DDoS attack taking the site down for several days, more prominent advertising in recent times for example and then the Beta attempt and so on, users have every reason to be growing a little impatient at this stage.

Boards.ie is becoming irritating in some ways as a site/platform. We know there are problems and people are trying to fix them but some things are just a pain in the arse to have to ignore the whole time and this double posting is one of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,900 ✭✭✭InTheTrees

I'm curious - is it that your browser won't play ball with Cloudflare's reCAPTCHA or what's going on? How can an Android tablet not support Chrome?

Sorry didnt see your reply.

The browser is an Amazon Fire. It uses amazons own browser. Its not working with CAPTCHA simply because the "verify" button is now missing. Such a simple issue you would think.

Yeah I know... why would any sane human being use an amazon tablet but its only one of a few devices around our house but the fact that its no longer supported by captcha means a big drop in our boards.ie access. It's the tablet that sits on the coffee table.

We're there more hiccups today? I was taken to old posts a lot of them time.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,867 ✭✭✭ozmo

Not sure if you know what is still not 100% - but here is what I still see if its any use to you:

1. Missing the attachments on all(?) my posts
    2. Graphics for the Menus are all 404
    3. Double posts (I'm definitely not pressing twice)

Windows 7 - Chrome - Multiple machines.

404 on these files as well as many others:
    http://b-static.net/images/arrow_down.gif
    http://b-static.net/images/arrow_right.gif?v=1
    http://b-static.net/images/clogo.png

so... Top menubar looks like this to me:
    2w2e90o.jpg

ta...

“Roll it back”

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,312 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

ozmo wrote: »
    Not sure if you know what is still not 100% - but here is what I still see if its any use to you:

1. Missing the attachments on all(?) my posts
    2. Graphics for the Menus are all 404
    3. Double posts (I'm definitely not pressing twice)

Windows 7 - Chrome - Multiple machines.

404 on these files as well as many others:
    http://b-static.net/images/arrow_down.gif
    http://b-static.net/images/arrow_right.gif?v=1
    http://b-static.net/images/clogo.png

so... Top menubar looks like this to me:
    2w2e90o.jpg

ta...

The office is aware, that set of images are in the process of being sorted.

Looks like you're using an old (unsupported) skin there ozmo, that won't be getting fixed I'm afraid. Go to this page and change to "Forum Default" and you'll see the site as it's supposed to be.

As for the double posts, I'll try to get it prioritised for today, simply put, it wasn't as urgent as some of the other problems.

Made a post today, successful on first attempt, and no delay with it sending.

EDIT: Same with this post ...... no delay or other problem.

Daring to hope my problem is fixed. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,707 ✭✭✭Worztron

I'm getting no email notifications for all of my subscribed threads. :confused:

Mitch Hedberg: "Rice is great if you're really hungry and want to eat two thousand of something."

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,584 CMod ✭✭✭✭Steve

Images seem to be sorted, thanks!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,584 CMod ✭✭✭✭Steve

And a single post on quick reply wohoo!!

Time to buy a lotto ticket lads!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,604 ✭✭✭crasy dash

Worztron wrote: »

I'm the same as worzton

• Registered Users Posts: 7,349 ✭✭✭naughto

Same here

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,889 ✭✭✭✭The Moldy Gowl

Why would you want email notifications? They are stupid.

Just check your subscribed threads?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,349 ✭✭✭naughto

Looks like you're using an old (unsupported) skin there ozmo, that won't be getting fixed I'm afraid. Go to this page and change to "Forum Default" and you'll see the site as it's supposed to be.

As for the double posts, I'll try to get it prioritised for today, simply put, it wasn't as urgent as some of the other problems.

I'd hate to see something that is\was we have had double post for awhile I'd didn't happen over night.
    I hope things are set up for the next attack I'd be very surprised if this was the end of of it.would u if u where them.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement