Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What is wrong with the site? (Please read updated post #1)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,840 ✭✭✭Dav

Strange one that, thanks for posting. A slow internet connection can sometimes cause what you're seeing alright, I see something like it the odd time myself if our tubes get clogged up in the office (GMail in particular can be a guilty party).

• Registered Users Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

my3cents wrote: »
    It should work this time as the txt in the editor is as it should be the attachment is what I get after I reply. Sometimes my original text is still there sometimes gone.

Don't waste too much time on it as it might just be my slow internet connection causing the problem.

You are only posting a quote, you have to post content outside the quote marks.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,157 ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

The youtube tags are rubbish. Most people do not understand how they work, and I don't blame them. Is it not possible to have some logic, or parsing to pull out the video ID from links to make this work better? Having to tell users to pull out the part after v= in a URL is hardly the best way of doing things...

I see this almost daily in motors, it just seems a bit needless.

The youtube tags are rubbish. Most people do not understand how they work, and I don't blame them. Is it not possible to have some logic, or parsing to pull out the video ID from links to make this work better? Having to tell users to pull out the part after v= in a URL is hardly the best way of doing things...

I see this almost daily in motors, it just seems a bit needless.
    You can use the full URL now, been like that for a while.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,312 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

Karsini wrote: »
    You can use the full URL now, been like that for a while.

Yep, the full URL works. But there are some Youtube domains or URL structures that may not play nice.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,157 ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

I find that people seem to use the following format very often:
    https://youtu.be/OEJh2FFUUoU

As that is how youtube will present it when you click the share button.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,358 ✭✭✭Into The Blue

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,358 ✭✭✭Into The Blue

so whats the difference between Alans format, and me putting the actual address between the tags?

Youtube often gives you the url like this
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t-wFKNy0MZQ

I don't think the system like the https I usually just strip it down to
    t-wFKNy0MZQ

and put the youtube tags around it
    [youtube]t-wFKNy0MZQ[/youtube]

tags around it.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,664 ✭✭✭✭joujoujou
    Unregistered Users

youtube.com works.

youtu.be doesn't.

That's the difference. :)

• Advertisement

Getting a 522 error when trying to log out. Saying host error at boards.ie.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,010 ✭✭✭La.de.da

Getting a 522 error when trying to log out. Saying host error at boards.ie.

Same error 522 trying to log in on ipad.

Fine on mobile site.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,011 ✭✭✭✭Johnboy1951

I got that error yesterday and today when trying to log in using

www.boards.ie/vbulletin/usercp.php

I succeeded in logging in by using boards.ie and going to the log in from there.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,285 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

Invalid security certificate - unknown issuer- when trying to login via Firefox this morning. Works fine on IE. Attempted to input a security exception for the certificate- however, FF won't accept it. Also getting issues with other sites that are google cached- perhaps Google has probs of some sort?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,312 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

Invalid security certificate - unknown issuer- when trying to login via Firefox this morning. Works fine on IE. Attempted to input a security exception for the certificate- however, FF won't accept it. Also getting issues with other sites that are google cached- perhaps Google has probs of some sort?

The cert used is fine currently. What were the details of the cert you saw?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,285 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

Spear wrote: »
    The cert used is fine currently. What were the details of the cert you saw?

No difference in the cert- and it works fine on IE- just not Firefox. Error: unknown certificate issuing authority. I've tried exporting and reimporting the cert- and wiping the db5 file and rebuilding it- along with a load of other troubleshooting- to no avail. Was talking to one of the guys in Google this afternoon- apparently they are aware of issues with Google and Microsoft certs- he wouldn't elaborate- but stated it would be days before its resolved.

Anyhow- it works just fine on Internet Explorer- just not Firefox or Chrome.

• Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭Asaiah

Just to let you know that this website isnt working 50% of the time from London for me. I'm getting Cloudfare.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,658 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Asaiah wrote: »
    Just to let you know that this website isnt working 50% of the time from London for me. I'm getting Cloudfare.

I have the same issue as my company uses a UK address so do my working hours browsing mostly on my phone these days

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

I get the error message a lot as well actually.

• Registered Users Posts: 837 ✭✭✭Going Strong

I've been getting the same message all day. When I opened my Boards.ie bookmark in Firefox, it took me to the Login screen but I got the "Cloudflare" error whenever I tried to log in. I searched for the relevant "Help" thread, while not logged in, clicked on "Reply" and here I am all logged in. Very odd.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,967 ✭✭✭Synode

I keep getting Error 522 (Connection timed out) today. This is really dragging on at this stage

• Registered Users Posts: 86,530 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Synode wrote: »
    I keep getting Error 522 (Connection timed out) today. This is really dragging on at this stage

Me too when trying to log in from laptop

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,122 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

Synode wrote: »
    Yeah, was getting the same issue when trying to log in earlier. Finally worked.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,138 ✭✭✭snaps

Asaiah wrote: »

I'm getting it a lot too (especially over weekend) using a Polish IP address!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,373 ✭✭✭✭foggy_lad

I'm also getting an occosional error 522 when using Firefox but no problems when I switch to chrome.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,433 ✭✭✭✭kneemos

On mobile at least,almost unusable at this stage.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,175 ✭✭✭intheclouds

I havent been able to log in for 3 hours this morning, continuous cloud flare error message. Just managed it there now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,070 ✭✭✭ScouseMouse

I keep getting random error messages while trying to get to boards.ie and occasionally when I am in boards, but select a particular forum. Its a big splash page with graphics.

screencapture

Error 522 Ray ID: 27a34fad46542963 • 2016-02-25 12:11:26 UTC
    Connection timed out
    You
    Browser
    Working
    Dublin
    CloudFlare
    Working
    www.boards.ie
    Host
    Error

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,305 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

Threads merged

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,840 ✭✭✭Dav

Ronan's been looking into the Cloudflare issues mentioned here all day, but I'm afraid I don't have an update for you on it yet. Hopefully I'll have something tomorrow.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement