Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What is wrong with the site? (Please read updated post #1)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,438 ✭✭✭✭thesandeman

It made me log in again about an hour ago and it's working fine since.
    Hope I'm not tempting fate by posting.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,892 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

I might be letting my imagination run wild, so feel free to tell me so, but is there any chance the crowd who did this http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057505130 could be involved? (I don't for a moment believe it's actually ISIS, obviously)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

An File wrote: »
    I might be letting my imagination run wild, so feel free to tell me so, but is there any chance the crowd who did this http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057505130 could be involved? (I don't for a moment believe it's actually ISIS, obviously)

I doubt it. I work in web hosting and we get that quite a bit, website defacement. It's normally down to out of date CMS or vulnerable coding.

The issue with boards was a failed sever and a DDoS as far as I'm aware

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,622 ✭✭✭Ruu

defrag02.gif

Assume you have run Scandisk. :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,967 ✭✭✭Synode

The same here and I'd like to add that I also can't quote any posts because they're invisible.:(

Hit back, then quote again. You might have to do it a few times but it will work eventually. Pretty annoying all the same

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,438 ✭✭✭✭thesandeman

Still running behind on fast moving threads like Liveline and YLYL.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,354 ✭✭✭jprboy

Still running behind on fast moving threads like Liveline and YLYL.

Surely a sign that the time has come to talk to Joe about this

• Registered Users Posts: 12,776 ✭✭✭✭galwaytt

Synode wrote: »
    Hit back, then quote again. You might have to do it a few times but it will work eventually. Pretty annoying all the same

I did that and got duplicate posts..

Ode To The Motorist

“And my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, generates funds to the exchequer. You don't want to acknowledge that as truth because, deep down in places you don't talk about at the Green Party, you want me on that road, you need me on that road. We use words like freedom, enjoyment, sport and community. We use these words as the backbone of a life spent instilling those values in our families and loved ones. You use them as a punch line. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the tax revenue and the very freedom to spend it that I provide, and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather you just said "thank you" and went on your way. Otherwise I suggest you pick up a bus pass and get the ********* ********* off the road” 

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,751 ✭✭✭mirrorwall14

Touch site still having issues for me. New post in Mayo thread 3 mins ago. Click into thread, 2 days ago. Refresh page and jumps to the 3 mins ago post. Bottom of the page shows another page of posts. Click on that and it jumps back to 2hrs ago

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,006 ✭✭✭_Tombstone_

Main Site still saying I've a rake of followed Threads with new posts........from 7 days ago...Oct 2.

One from this morning said it had new posts and when I clicked in it actually had but the post itself was from 3 or 4 days ago, wherever that was hiding.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,861 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

Still having problems with threads jumping back a page when refreshed (main site) :(

• Registered Users Posts: 83,033 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

click link for thread,

navigated to 2nd to newest page.

click on newest page, end up on same page.

click again finally taken to newest page.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,796 ✭✭✭Azalea

Just throwing it out there: postcount and thanks count keep changing too - not a big problem for me (honest!) but perhaps it has more ramifications for the site.

Otherwise things seem to be getting there.

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,221 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

Was struggling to connect to the site for the last 10 minutes or so, other sites working fine.

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,707 ✭✭✭whatismyname

Was struggling to connect to the site for the last 10 minutes or so, other sites working fine.

Same here, it went down altogether for a while.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

Same here, it went down altogether for a while.

Same here

• Registered Users Posts: 835 ✭✭✭omicron

All the usual problems happening again here in the last few mins.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

When I post on touch and the timer circle thing appears it doesn't redirect me back to the thread, again, not a big issue but something you may want to look into

Site just seemed to down for a while again there, somewhere between 5 - 10 minutes.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,526 ✭✭✭✭Darkglasses

Site just seemed to down for a while again there, somewhere between 5 - 10 minutes.

Same here

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,344 ✭✭✭Diamond Doll

Thread should be retitled to "What is right with the site?" :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,748 ✭✭✭✭Lovely Bloke

Still getting that weird "click on the last page and get a previous page, having just read that page" thing.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,433 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Magnolia

Would a UPS or a position in a high tier data centre help abate the problem?

I may be stating the obvious or perhaps you're already covered? Wouldn't have prevented the attack I know...

• Registered Users Posts: 8,747 ✭✭✭degsie

Com'on lads, reboot the servers!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,981 ✭✭✭KomradeBishop

Rig the hamster wheels to give the odd electric shock or two when slow - should be sorted then.

• Registered Users Posts: 83,033 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Call a meeting with the elders

south-park-s15e01c12-the-counsel-of-geniuses-16x9.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,430 ✭✭✭testicle

All avatars and attached images are broken now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,666 ✭✭✭Pink Fairy

Complete deja vu on touch site, read a page, press next and it repeats the same page

• Closed Accounts Posts: 702 ✭✭✭Xaracatz

Am I losing it, or before, if you were viewing a thread / forum when not logged in, you could log in and be brought back to the same page you were on?

For the last while, once I log in, it brings me straight to the home page. Which is kind of annoying 'cause I end up seeing another thread to read and forgetting about the last one! :p

• Advertisement

Site down completely again tonight for me for about ten minutes.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement