Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What is wrong with the site? (Please read updated post #1)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,349 ✭✭✭naughto

Ya she's sick again

• Registered Users Posts: 28,955 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

Site down completely again tonight for me for about ten minutes.

Was down for all according to www.downforeveryoneorjustme.com

• Registered Users Posts: 1,354 ✭✭✭jprboy

Site down completely again tonight for me for about ten minutes.

Same here and AFAIR it's been like that at approx the same time (shortly after 9.00 pm) on a number of nights

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,707 ✭✭✭whatismyname

jprboy wrote: »
    Same here and AFAIR it's been like that at approx the same time (shortly after 9.00 pm) on a number of nights

Yep, was just thinking that. Seems I posted at 21:01 last night to say the same, so it was back slightly earlier. But interesting all the same.

Edit: just realised that I sound like I do nothing every night but sit on boards :D

Also, went down again for another while.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,850 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Hamsters' smoke break, prob'ly.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,955 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

If the tech guys spent as much time working on keeping the site up instead of a redesign which no one wants we'd all be happier.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

They tweeted it so someone is working on it I'd imagine

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,446 ✭✭✭glued

The site going down is a regular occurrence at this stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,526 ✭✭✭✭Darkglasses

Quazzie wrote: »
    If the tech guys spent as much time working on keeping the site up instead of a redesign which no one wants we'd all be happier.

Do you really know what's going on in the Boards office?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,935 ✭✭✭TallGlass

Yeah getting a bit pissed off at this stage. I'm sure boards have enoght money to fix the issue.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

TallGlass wrote: »
    Yeah getting a bit pissed off at this stage. I'm sure boards have enoght money to fix the issue.

I'd say boards makes sweet feck all. These things happen, sure FB was down last week for a while even with all their money. Sites go down all the time, we don't even know what the issue was yet

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,687 ✭✭✭✭Penny Tration

I'm pretty sure boards is (or was until recently) running at a loss.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,349 ✭✭✭naughto

All they need to do is put the ads in the middle of the threads and make them bigger..............

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,482 ✭✭✭Hollister11

It's fine for me.

KERSPLAT! wrote: »
    I'd say boards makes sweet feck all. These things happen, sure FB was down last week for a while even with all their money. Sites go down all the time, we don't even know what the issue was yet

Considering Boards mostly survives on ad revenue, you can be sure it's no joke to them when the site is going down ten minutes of every hour. I'm as frustrated as anyone that the site is so flakey at the moment, but there's absolutely no call for the snipes at the people running the place.

• Administrators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,920 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Toots

Regular desktop site is working fine for me now, but the touch site is still a total mare. Wouldn't load at all for me at times over the weekend, and then when it did it would take ages, and the threads appeared to be in a state of temporal flux.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,935 ✭✭✭TallGlass

If boards is running at a loss. Could we not do a fundraiser like they do for Firefox? And even completely get rid of the ads. There a head melt.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,482 ✭✭✭Hollister11

If boards is running at a loss. Could we not do a fundraiser like they do for Firefox? And even completely get rid of the ads. There a head melt.

I'd donate to boards. I love it and I would hate it to be gone.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 2,646 Mod ✭✭✭✭TrueDub

Nothing stopping you - become a subscriber, which means you donate to Boards, and get a couple of small privileges into the bargain.

TrueDub wrote: »
    Nothing stopping you - become a subscriber, which means you donate to Boards, and get a couple of small privileges into the bargain.

You can subscribe here - http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/payments.php

The reason I post a link is that I knew you could, although I actually hadn't a clue where to find the page to do it :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,747 ✭✭✭degsie

If I was a sponsor of boards.ie I'd be rightly pissed off by now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,981 ✭✭✭KomradeBishop

Yea that'd actually be a good idea. There's an intrusive top-of-the-page banner ad, that I'd actually welcome.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,438 ✭✭✭✭thesandeman

T'was totally gone for a few minutes just now. Maybe they plugged it out and plugged it in again.

Again.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 4,340 Mod ✭✭✭✭TherapyBoy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,318 ✭✭✭✭Menas

Site seemed to be down for a few mins just now.

Just went offline again for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,069 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

I'm getting a new error that I hadn't seen before on Chrome
    Error 324 (net::ERR_EMPTY_RESPONSE): The server closed the connection without sending any data.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,707 ✭✭✭whatismyname

Sorry guys wasn't about tonight to do my nightly 'site went down completely for 5 - 10 minutes'. Hope you all got on ok :P

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Getting email notifs from threads that I haven't read since previous mails so that notifier is bust too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,748 ✭✭✭ganmo

Dav!! You're not allowed go on hols EVER again :p

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement