Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What is wrong with the site? (Please read updated post #1)

Options

Comments

• Administrators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,727 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭hullaballoo

You may not need a degree to understand the rules but fucked if I'm reading them tbh, I come here to get away from tight regulation and I wouldn't post in a forum in which I don't know the rules.

Also, it seems that its regular users constantly have the wiki page on logical fallacy open because I see ad hominem ad nauseam in there.

Getting a few 404s on the touch site tonight when opening threads.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,202 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

I'm currently getting false 'followed thread' notifications and being directed to random places in threads when i click for latest posts.

• Registered Users Posts: 42,088 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

Posts are disappearing for me now.

Database servers out of sync again I suspect.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

You may not need a degree to understand the rules but fucked if I'm reading them tbh, I come here to get away from tight regulation and I wouldn't post in a forum in which I don't know the rules.

Also, it seems that its regular users constantly have the wiki page on logical fallacy open because I see ad hominem ad nauseam in there.

Listen, I'm not saying politics general is perfect, people generally don't read charters, you have a point, but I've maybe read 3 or 4 charters before posting in forums in 9 years! A few cards to my name, nothing to do with charters.

As for logical fallacy, yep, no political science degree needed. Cognitive biases are hilarious, I love trying to spot how many I have! But generally, whether I post in politics general, AH or the cafe, I've a rough idea of the feel/ethos/lie of land (insert whatever term is applicable here) of the forum.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

**puts on tinfoil hat**

How'd this post made about ten mins ago slip through?

Michael O'Leary. The plot thickens.

Seriously, I don't think this was Boards Communications Departments finest hour, but there's no conspiracy here.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,174 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

These Site Errors are very annoying!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,202 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Carnacalla wrote: »
    These Site Errors are very annoying!

A full forty minute lag on front page so far.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

There are so many issues tonight I couldn't list them all!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,541 ✭✭✭anothernight

I'm currently getting false 'followed thread' notifications and being directed to random places in threads when i click for latest posts.

Same here.

New issue: when I clicked on "quote" for this message, the quote didn't appear in the text box at all. It was as if I'd just clicked the "reply" button.

Anyway, Trump, Hillary and Sanders supporters (doesn't seem to be any Cruz supporters) posting away in US politics and getting along fine. I'll leave it at that, the world hasn't stopped turning in on its axis, unlike Boards.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,521 ✭✭✭✭mansize

I want my m.boards.ie back

It was kind of working now it's a landing page where all the links are errors!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,299 ✭✭✭✭The Backwards Man

It's horsed!

• Registered Users Posts: 394 ✭✭thisistough

Also seeing posts disappearing, I tried to edit a pet and got an error that I couldn't edit a post that I couldn't see...
    Even when I came into this thread the 2nd last page was showing posts from 30 minutes ago, and then the last page showing posts from 5 hours ago

• Registered Users Posts: 1,913 ✭✭✭Pintman Paddy Losty

The site has gone to absolute dogsh te. I'd be bulling if I was one of the talk to forums paying for this.

• Registered Users Posts: 349 ✭✭Tipperary Fairy

Something odd happening on the touch site. When I click on my threads it keeps reloading as it did when I first looked at it this morning - all threads unread, last post 6 hours ago or whatever. When I click on the my threads tab again it updates.

Edit: the last like 14 posts above mine were not here when I hit post.

Got this message when I tried to edit the above post

Also getting a 404 every time I post

• Registered Users Posts: 16,629 ✭✭✭✭osarusan

Pretty much everything is fine on vbulletin as usual.

All that's wrong is that the new forums aren't added to the drop down category lists at the top, but that's not much.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,358 ✭✭✭Into The Blue

New post notification doesn't cancel when post is viewed in Talk To forums.

384496.jpg

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,285 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

Blank pages served when I hit on a link- no error message- just a white screen. Hit refresh a few times- and it loads fully. Just not serving the full page- but also not indicating any error.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,967 ✭✭✭Synode

Why has the Amazon thread in Bargain Alerts been closed now?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,748 ✭✭✭✭Lovely Bloke

closed for "review". More nonsensical non-communication to users.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,658 ✭✭✭Halloween Jack

I've had an issue with the 'followed threads' page on mobile for the last few days, when I try to scroll down the page I get a weird rendering issue, meaning it's impossible to navigate

https://www.flickr.com/gp/140624794@N06/a3Kfm9

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

Given the current situation with the government, would it not be better to open it again and do a review at a later date? I'm honestly surprised it's still closed.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,610 ✭✭✭Rick_

Are the forums supposed to look the same as the Talk To section, site wide? If so, I'd actually welcome that look, but the current look doesn't look or flow as nicely as it. Having everything left aligned instead of centred like currently will take some getting used to as well.

pad e wrote: »
    everything left aligned

you've described Boards.ie to a T there.

:pac:

jaysis, just had a look into P (G) - it looks a total mess with all those tags or whatever they are called.

Holy hell.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,224 ✭✭✭Going Forward

smash wrote: »
    Given the current situation with the government, would it not be better to open it again and do a review at a later date? I'm honestly surprised it's still closed.

No, it obviously suits someone to keep it closed.

Too many sacred cows were being toppled.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement