Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What is wrong with the site? (Please read updated post #1)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,457 ✭✭✭✭thesandeman

Same on Touch.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,160 ✭✭✭Felix Jones is God

Same as, but behaving itself now in the last. 10 mins, on touch

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Cloudflare blocks on my non Irish IP.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

Cloudfare blocking access to my virgin media IP out of nowhere. Have to use my phone on 4G

• Registered Users Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

Cloudfare issues here too on Chrome

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,370 ✭✭✭GAAman

Same here

• Registered Users Posts: 45,486 ✭✭✭✭Bobeagleburger

Getting Error 522 message five mins ago

• Registered Users Posts: 1,468 ✭✭✭omerin

Same here

• Registered Users Posts: 86,532 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

RoboKlopp wrote: »
    Getting Error 522 message five mins ago

Got that too

• Registered Users Posts: 29,361 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

Full site has packed up on me the last10 minutes, nothing will load. Was getting a 504 (i think!) error message but not even that now, it's just hanging.

• Advertisement

HeidiHeidi wrote: »
    Full site has packed up on me the last10 minutes, nothing will load. Was getting a 504 error message but not even that now, it's just hanging.

Yep, packed in and came back slow as hell

• Registered Users Posts: 9,893 ✭✭✭Canis Lupus

Cloudflaaaaaaaaaaaare!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

hqdefault.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 29,361 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

Cloudflare, 522, 504, website offline errors for the last half hour....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 713 ✭✭✭Edward Hopper

HeidiHeidi wrote: »
    Cloudflare, 522, 504, website offline errors for the last half hour....

Yep, happened a good few times over the last couple of days, pain in the hole.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,521 ✭✭✭✭mansize

Christ this site goes down more than a twink at the weekend

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,285 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

ED E wrote: »
    Cloudflare blocks on my non Irish IP.

Cloudflare blocking Virgin Media this morning- however- Vodafone seems perfectly fine. Irish IP addresses in use in both instances. And...... its allowing VM again.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,653 ✭✭✭✭amdublin

4am this morning (Irish time) and cloud flare was blocking access for me. OK then at 7am.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,981 ✭✭✭KomradeBishop

By the way, when reregs are sitebanned, can the 'thanks' they've given out be nuked as well? It's only a small thing, but it's one less reason to bother rereging in the end (and you often see a rereg account, explicitly created to do this).

Can I just say that "(Mod warning in op)" is seriously off putting on threads.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,710 ✭✭✭StupidLikeAFox

smash wrote: »

Not half as bad as Mod warning on posts #267 and #342

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,174 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

Personally, I don't find off putting. What I find annoying though is the "Mod Warning in post 456". How in the name of god are we expected to search for that long just to find a small one line mod warning?

There's a thread in AH about online dating and it's pretty funny in parts. Out of nowhere came a post "Mod-Folks, Keep this thread on topic or cards/bans will be forthcoming.". Now the title does say there's a mod warning in op so I went to the OP and the warning is simply "Mod-Folks, Keep this thread on topic or cards/bans will be forthcoming.". It's almost like a big sticker that says No Fun Allowed.

I'm not getting at the mod in question, I just don't understand how some threads in what's basically boards' random forum must be 100% on topic at all times.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,312 ✭✭✭✭Esel

There's a thread in AH about online dating and it's pretty funny in parts. Out of nowhere came a post "Mod-Folks, Keep this thread on topic or cards/bans will be forthcoming.". Now the title does say there's a mod warning in op so I went to the OP and the warning is simply "Mod-Folks, Keep this thread on topic or cards/bans will be forthcoming.". It's almost like a big sticker that says No Fun Allowed.

I'm not getting at the mod in question, I just don't understand how some threads in what's basically boards' random forum must be 100% on topic at all times.

At the time of the recent warning, that thread had become a train wreck.

Not your ornery onager

• Registered Users Posts: 5,455 ✭✭✭maudgonner

Yeah, it comes across like 'I've noticed people are having fun? We'll have none of that kind of thing around here'.

And with that warning I don't know if it was because of one particular argument that had been running for a few pages, or people were posting light-hearted comments in response to others. I'd rather if the instruction was more specific.

Particularly in days to come, when the thread has moved on, the warning will be less relevant and will just look off-putting.

Esel wrote: »
    At the time of the recent warning, that thread had become a train wreck.

Not really. It was becoming enjoyable and fun to read.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,312 ✭✭✭✭Esel

Not really. It was becoming enjoyable and fun to read.

That's a subjective judgement! Think about society. :)

Not your ornery onager

Esel wrote: »
    That's a subjective judgement! Think about society. :)

subjective judgements are ok. It's the snap judgement that are fcuking up the world!

:D

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,788 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

Not half as bad as Mod warning on posts #267 and #342

This isn't standard practice. It's only done for threads which have consumed disproportionate amounts of moderator time for one reason or another.

The foreigner residing among you must be treated as your native-born. Love them as yourself, for you were foreigners in Egypt. I am the LORD your God.

Leviticus 19:34

• Registered Users Posts: 7,710 ✭✭✭StupidLikeAFox

This isn't standard practice. It's only done for threads which have consumed disproportionate amounts of moderator time for one reason or another.

It is rare enough alright, but its still annoying to expect somebody to trawl through a thread looking for some warning that has been handed out, or else risk posting and getting a ban.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 4,343 Mod ✭✭✭✭TherapyBoy

It is rare enough alright, but its still annoying to expect somebody to trawl through a thread looking for some warning that has been handed out, or else risk posting and getting a ban.

Posts should at least be directly linked to, it's not difficult to do.

For example;

Mod warning on post #2257

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement