Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What is wrong with the site? (Please read updated post #1)

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,202 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Same here, new post notifications leading to 404s

• Registered Users Posts: 16,629 ✭✭✭✭osarusan

Things messed up - threads saying there is an extra page when there isn't, not being taken to first new post of a thread when clicking on it, being taken to other threads instead, posts going missing and then reappearing...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,006 ✭✭✭_Tombstone_

Why is this happening so often now?

• Registered Users Posts: 21,465 ✭✭✭✭Alun

osarusan wrote: »
    Things messed up - threads saying there is an extra page when there isn't, not being taken to first new post of a thread when clicking on it, being taken to other threads instead, posts going missing and then reappearing...
    Just came in here to report the same thing, something's screwed up again somewhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,541 ✭✭✭anothernight

If I go back a page in a thread and then leave it, the forum marks the remainder of the thread as unread.

EDIT: I also came back to this thread to expand this post with another error I've encountered, and the last page was missing all posts for today. They reappeared on refreshing the page.

Anyway, the other error I found was that the "unread threads" notification number next to my username at the top right (in the legacy site) didn't match the actual number of unread threads. There were three followed threads with unread posts, but there was a 6 next to my username.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

Yup goosed for me to

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,687 ✭✭✭✭Penny Tration

Fecked for me too. Not letting me see my PMs, or new posts in threads I'm following.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,006 ✭✭✭_Tombstone_

Fecked for me too. Not letting me see my PMs, or new posts in threads I'm following.

Who is sending you PMs? I've only ever got warnings/bans PM. Poor me.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,182 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

I'm getting weird things as well. Clicking on links in the Games forum bring me to two completely random pages (user infraction and banking post).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,482 ✭✭✭Hollister11

If i click 'My Threads' I will get 3 notifications, if i clikc again i get 7. This keeps happening.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 58,456 ✭✭✭✭ibarelycare

Getting notifications of new posts but when I click into the thread the latest posts I see are from yesterday.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 301 ✭✭Boards.ie: Ronan

Hi,

So one of our Database slaves is experiencing a problem. It's been pulled from the line up until it can be put right, so things should hopefully be returning to normal now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,687 ✭✭✭✭Penny Tration

Who is sending you PMs? I've only ever got warnings/bans PM. Poor me.

I've gotten a few of those too :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

So one of our Database slaves is experiencing a problem.

It's impossible to get good help these days.

• Registered Users Posts: 86,530 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

I can't log in with google chrome currently

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

Trying to log in on my work laptop (W7, using Chrome) I get a 500 internal server error issue.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 301 ✭✭Boards.ie: Ronan

Issues around logging in are probably related to the fact that the responsive site is now also having problems (unrelated to the db issues earlier) Working on a fix and hope to have it back asap.

It never rains but it pours.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,424 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

How do I delete a post or part of a post in the new format on Android?

I clicked edit, but the post is not editable and there is no delete button. I can only add to it.

(sorry - would ask in he LP desk if I could find it)

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,202 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

A few issues this morning, much the same as yesterday - false notifications and 404 pages. The slaves are a mutinous bunch lately!.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,160 ✭✭✭Felix Jones is God

Happening on and off today, but when you click on next page it just repeats the page you're on.
    Using the touch site

• Registered Users Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

Happening on and off today, but when you click on next page it just repeats the page you're on.
    Using the touch site

Happening on desktop too ( on Chrome/ Windows 7)

Mark threads as read, go out of forum and then back in and threads are unread again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,840 ✭✭✭Dav

Ronan's looking at this now folks, it certainly has the symptoms of the databases being out of sync again, but there were no major alerts on our monitoring software as there have been in the past. He's going to keep a very close eye on them as today goes on to see if anything shows itself as being the culprit.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,117 ✭✭✭Melisandre121

Using boards on my phone is an absolute nightmare now, can barely access forums and the formatting is all over the place. Why is this?

Maybe you can tell me what sort of formatting issues you're having, what platform you're using, what browser, etc? We can't solve a problem with no information.

Forums wont mark as read for me again. It's also taking longer than usual for posts to submit.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,285 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

Follow / unfollow from threads not working.

I'm just testing the Follow/Unfollow here now...

• Advertisement

Confirmed, I've been able to replicate that alright, followed threads not appearing in my list. I've got the team looking at that now, thanks for the heads up.

Smash, I'm seeing some inconsistency on the "Mark Forum Read" vs Asterix appearing in your My Forums menu, I'll ask the lads to have a look at that too.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement