Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What is wrong with the site? (Please read updated post #1)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

Dav wrote: »
    Confirmed, I've been able to replicate that alright, followed threads not appearing in my list. I've got the team looking at that now, thanks for the heads up.

Smash, I'm seeing some inconsistency on the "Mark Forum Read" vs Asterix appearing in your My Forums menu, I'll ask the lads to have a look at that too.

Seems mainly related to posts in AH. No matter what I do the forum won't mark as read.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,949 ✭✭✭✭IvyTheTerrible

I've been having a problem with a few threads I follow for a while. On the touch site, when there is a post on a new page, I can't access it until there are 3 posts on the new page (so instead of going to the newest post, it brings me to the last post of the previous page, and there is no page number for the new page).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,840 ✭✭✭Dav

So Ronan and I had a chat about this yesterday, we have a theory that he's looking to either confirm or dismiss today. We made some changes to the rack out in Digiweb and Ronan's going to spend a portion of today monitoring things in real time instead of waiting for one of our alert tools to notify him of an issue. This will be his day:

tumblr_n0t7teqLIg1sg1fh4o1_500.gif

We'll keep you posted folks and I'm sorry for the ongoing annoyance.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,285 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

What a gif- haven't seen that one before. Its straight basic too...... Brings back memories.......

Another problem-

Post on a thread- can't see the post.
    Refresh the page- and it appears about 15 seconds later........
    Its not posting immediately- its almost like its cached for a few seconds before it actually posts?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,417 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

Database error, Mac OS and Firefox.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,687 ✭✭✭✭Penny Tration

Database error on touch

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

Looks like Ronan unplugged something

Indeed he did!

So after a morning of eyeball melting, Ronan has sourced what he believes to be the problem and is currently swapping things around and implementing his fix. This will cause a few of the errors folks have seen in the last ten or fifteen minutes, but when he's finished we should be rid of these database sync issues which will sort out the posts not appearing/not being marked as read/etc.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

And double posting? :pac:

• Advertisement

I have no idea what you mean....

<_<

>_>

Just tried to post a link to a 3 page PDF on Revenue's website detailing with-holding tax for non-resident landlords- and am getting a cloudflare message saying I am blocked from using boards.ie

Can still access from my mobile phone- just not my desktop......... (different IP address I guess!)

Screenshot attached (hopefully)

Allowed back on desktop- but can't post attachments?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 301 ✭✭Boards.ie: Ronan

Just tried to post a link to a 3 page PDF on Revenue's website detailing with-holding tax for non-resident landlords- and am getting a cloudflare message saying I am blocked from using boards.ie

Looks like you attempted to attach something rather than link to it perhaps? Either way Cloudflare flagged that particular singular transaction as a threat and blocked it - neither you nor your ip are blocked though.

Looks like you attempted to attach something rather than link to it perhaps? Either way Cloudflare flagged that particular singular transaction as a threat and blocked it - neither you nor your ip are blocked though.

Heres
    the file I tried post a link to- as you can see its a straightforward link to Revenue's website.

Blocked again! Ok- it doesn't like Revenue's website......

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/newattachment.php?do=manageattach&p=100281897

Tried to post it directly as per the above link- also threw up a Cloudflare block

Maybe it doesn't like PDFs created in old versions of Adobe? If so- there are a crapload of files on the various government sites that will cause similar issues........

Hmm it might be the structure of the url on Revenue.ie that Cloudflare is having an adverse reaction to. Can you post the url in plain text rather than a link?

Edit:
    I can see the link your are trying to post - it's a direct google link to the relevant pdf:
    https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=1&ved=0ahUKEwjBmLPL3-HNAhVmAsAKHeZ6DGUQFggeMAA&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.revenue.ie%2Fen%2Fabout%2Ffoi%2Fs16%2Fincome-tax-capital-gains-tax-corporation-tax%2Fpart-45%2F45-01-04.pdf&usg=AFQjCNFaw4JFg4u5U3F9fhbkDzoExg8H8Q&sig2=bZ49ga749sc_iDowUXCNfQ

Looks like cloudflare is flagging the ascii codes in that url as potentially malicious.

If you use the linke from the Revenue.ie website rather than the Google result it should work fine.
    http://www.revenue.ie/en/about/foi/s16/income-tax-capital-gains-tax-corporation-tax/part-45/45-01-04.pdf

Heres
    the file I tried post a link to- as you can see its a straightforward link to Revenue's website.
    The link you're putting in is going via Google, could that be why?

http://www.revenue.ie/en/about/foi/s16/income-tax-capital-gains-tax-corporation-tax/part-45/45-01-04.pdf

I can post it in plaintext (as per above).
    If I download the PDF and try to post it as an attachment- Cloudflare throws a freaker.

I've the PDF here (locally) and if I try to post it as an attachment- Cloudflare is now blocking it (try it yourself).

• Advertisement

Testing

Just to clarify as to why the Google url is not working - that url string contains a number of sequences of characters that are also hexadecimal ascii codes 0ah for instance which corresponds to a line feed in ascii. Cloudlfare will see this as a potentially malicious string hence the reason it is flagging and blocking that particular url. Not sure why it's blocking it as an attachment for you though - I'm not getting a rule hit for that transaction.

Testing

And responding to your test- including the same file......

Sorry, you have been blocked

You are unable to access boards.ie

Why have I been blocked?

This website is using a security service to protect itself from online attacks. The action you just performed triggered the security solution. There are several actions that could trigger this block including submitting a certain word or phrase, a SQL command or malformed data.
    What can I do to resolve this?

You can email the site owner to let them know you were blocked. Please include what you were doing when this page came up and the CloudFlare Ray ID found at the bottom of this page.

CloudFlare Ray ID: 2becca8638d8295d • Your IP: xxx.xxx.xxx.xxxx

Note- my response had no URL - it had the PDF that you posted - for whatever reason its being flagged when I post it- but not when you do....... ??

• Registered Users Posts: 24 Wiseman Drinkwater

Trying to post a reply in the podcast forum. The op has a link and I'm told I cannot post the reply as it is has the link and I'm a new user.

On the touch.boards.ie site. Making it very difficult for a new user to reply and contribute to forums that are close to dying.

That's been an anti-spammer measure for some time, but we do want to relax those limitations. We can't do so without a different form of anti-spam protection in place though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,006 ✭✭✭_Tombstone_

Search, as bad as it is, is broke.

If you search for anything, a place name in a Forum or all your posts in a forum you end up in the advanced search page with a big red X sitting up in the top left corner and a red inch thick line running from one side of screen to the other.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,456 ✭✭✭✭thesandeman

^
    In six years Boards Search has never worked for me.
    The only way I can find anything specific here is by going through a search engine. In fact that's how I found Boards in the first place.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,312 ✭✭✭✭Esel

Search? Working search? How much would that cost?

As opposed to re-inventing some kind of roundy thing like a wheel?

Shurely VB can do dah?

Hit me now with the baby in me arms! I dubble dare ya!

Ah, lads...

Not your ornery onager

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭ct5amr2ig1nfhp

Indeed. Search broken this morning (again).

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement