Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What is wrong with the site? (Please read updated post #1)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 301 ✭✭Boards.ie: Ronan

Indeed. Search broken this morning (again).

Looking into it now.

And we should be back up and running once more.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 513 ✭✭✭Two Tone

^
    In six years Boards Search has never worked for me.
    The only way I can find anything specific here is by going through a search engine. In fact that's how I found Boards in the first place.
    Would that not be a device/browser issue? In fairness search has been working.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,223 ✭✭✭Michael D Not Higgins

Can't post a response in A&P, getting a CloudFlare blocked message. CloudFlare Ray ID: 2c1c0277d9c33578

Edit: I've found that I can post in the thread but not the specific message. There are no links or attachments like The_Conductor's issue above. Is it because I used a specific word or phrase? I did use the word 'legal', is this flagging it?

Edit 2: I've managed to rephrase my response and it got through eventually. Still not sure what part of it was being blocked, but I did manage to narrow it down to a particular paragraph, if you want to get it from me to test out?

• Registered Users Posts: 58,456 ✭✭✭✭ibarelycare

Got this when trying to post just now

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,285 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

Got this when trying to post just now

Its the Cloudflare error that all of us are getting..........
    I can't get on the mobile site at all anymore- mind you- I can access the fullfat version of the site from my mobile- go figure...........

• Registered Users Posts: 1,597 ✭✭✭Totofan99

Here's an odd one. I can't scroll with the arrow keys. It's only on boards. Every other website is fine.

EDIT: I see there's a thread on this already.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,361 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

Error 521 - web server is down

getting this mostly when I try to do anything for the last 10 minutes or so.

Occasionally (like now) I can get into a thread or post (I hope!)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,689 ✭✭✭Tombi!

HeidiHeidi wrote: »

Same.
    Dunno if matters but I'm with Virgin Media.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

same here

its switching to new site layout as well

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 46,103 ✭✭✭✭muffler

I couldn't get logged in earlier this morning on a desktop PC with both firefox and IE. Host site error or words that description.

Just in the last 5 minutes I'm clicking on links from email alerts to subscribed threads (like this one) and I'm having to refresh the page a couple of times before it displays

• Registered Users Posts: 15,127 ✭✭✭✭kerry4sam

muffler wrote: »
    I couldn't get logged in earlier this morning on a desktop PC with both firefox and IE. Host site error or words that description.

Just in the last 5 minutes I'm clicking on links from email alerts to subscribed threads (like this one) and I'm having to refresh the page a couple of times before it displays

Had same issue. Sent a tweet. All okay for me now again though.

• Registered Users Posts: 46,103 ✭✭✭✭muffler

kerry4sam wrote: »
    All okay for me now again though.
    Ditto :)

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,285 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

HeidiHeidi wrote: »

Same.
    Fastcom Sligo here.......

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,482 ✭✭✭Hollister11

It's been fine for me all day.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,840 ✭✭✭Dav

There was some manner of foul up with Cloudflare earlier that I believe has been sorted, Ronan's keeping an eye on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,354 ✭✭✭gebbel

Some of my followed forums have not updated, showing the last post as being from yesterday night. I logged out and back in again but no change.
    Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 26,899 ✭✭✭✭BBDBB

Hiya

Im trying to reply to a post, but I keep getting blocked by a cloudflare problem where my action is triggering a security solution and not allowing me to post

Any help, advice or simply an acknowledgement would be gratefully received

cheers

BBDBB

If you post your the CF-RAY ID that is being generated when you get the error I can do some digging for you.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,365 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

I've been getting a weird problem on the old touch site where ads seem to be causing a massive black box that cuts into half the forum page and scrolls on for ages.

I hope im explaining it properly.

• Registered Users Posts: 58,456 ✭✭✭✭ibarelycare

Getting Cloudflare errors again.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,754 ✭✭✭flyingsnail

getting some cloudfare errors this morning,

Error 520 Ray ID: 2c8f1220f4102963
    Error 520 Ray ID: 2c8fb6c303bd297b

• Registered Users Posts: 16,305 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

Cloudfare trying make me conform to the shiny, modern new boards. I think not!!

*scurries back into cave*

• Registered Users Posts: 6,392 ✭✭✭AnCatDubh

Not sure how or if significant, but the login page has not been the most reliable over the past while. Lots of redirects not happening, and this morning had a wonderful 404 error. Anyhow, maybe not significant - so i'm just mentioning (not moaning) :)

• Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 28,803 Mod ✭✭✭✭oscarBravo

Error 521 Ray ID: 2c978a6ac7592975 • 2016-07-28 10:10:20 UTC

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Just got a 503 for a short spell.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,365 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

Vicxas wrote: »
    I've been getting a weird problem on the old touch site where ads seem to be causing a massive black box that cuts into half the forum page and scrolls on for ages.

I hope im explaining it properly.

Attaching a screenshot of the problem.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,840 ✭✭✭Dav

Thanks for that, wasn't really sure what you meant, but I'll have one of the lads look at it first thing in the morning.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 42,088 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

The search function is not working for me.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement