Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What is wrong with the site? (Please read updated post #1)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,006 ✭✭✭_Tombstone_

Search is broken again, like what the f**k?! This is unacceptable imo. For most users it's a free site but for those who pay a subscription like myself, I'd like to be able to browse the site without vital components of it not working.

It can't be broke, shure it was just fixed again.

• Boards.ie Employee Posts: 12,597 ✭✭✭✭✭Boards.ie: Niamh
    Boards.ie Community Manager

Search did stop working again for a bit, Rónán sorted it out this morning though. Scorpion Sting, I understand that it is frustrating when you have paid a subscription for something and it's not working as you want it to. Unfortunately hiccups like this though frustrating, are likely to happen from time to time on a site like Boards. We do try our best to get things back up and running as soon as is possible.

• Registered Users Posts: 42,088 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

Search did stop working again for a bit, Rónán sorted it out this morning though. Scorpion Sting, I understand that it is frustrating when you have paid a subscription for something and it's not working as you want it to. Unfortunately hiccups like this though frustrating, are likely to happen from time to time on a site like Boards. We do try our best to get things back up and running as soon as is possible.

Yeah I understand, just was a bit frustrated. Thanks for sorting things out so quickly and hopefully the site runs smoothly for the foreseeable future.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,117 ✭✭✭✭Junkyard Tom

Is there a 'suggestion box' for ideas for the site?

Don't waste your time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,746 ✭✭✭Pelvis Parsley

If it is a feature suggestion, you can suggest it in Site Development here.

We have spent a huge amount of time working on the responsive site recently, perhaps to the detriment of some other things - we do appreciate suggestions from users though - you know the site and how you want it to work for you :) So we do take all suggestions into consideration and if it's a good idea and doable, it'll go on the list to be looked into.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

We have spent a huge amount of time working on the responsive site recently, perhaps to the detriment of some other things - we do appreciate suggestions from users though - you know the site and how you want it to work for you :) So we do take all suggestions into consideration and if it's a good idea and doable, it'll go on the list to be looked into.

To be fair, the Site Development forum is where ideas go to die. I made a couple of threads in there, probably a couple of years ago now, that were never even acknowledged and it's gotten worse since.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

Faith wrote: »
    To be fair, the Site Development forum is where ideas go to die. I made a couple of threads in there, probably a couple of years ago now, that were never even acknowledged and it's gotten worse since.

I raised a bug weeks ago. No reply. So I went in a few days ago and told them what code was causing the bug. No reply. Big still exists.

If only

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,967 ✭✭✭Synode

Whenever I click the button to go to the last post in a thread it goes to it for a second then jumps to a post further up (and stays there). Is this happening anyone else? I think it might only be in some threads that it's happening

• Registered Users Posts: 1,551 ✭✭✭quinnd6

I won't be using boards.ie on my Xperia Play anymore as it is unusable on the browser.
    None of the buttons on the site for navigating the topics work on my xperia play.
    I went back to using the legacy site when using my pc as the
    search functionality on the new site on my pc hangs forever.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Struggling to log on to boards from desktop today.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,647 ✭✭✭✭El Weirdo

Loughc wrote: »
    Struggling to log on to boards from desktop today.

Having the same issue.

Keep getting "The CSRF token is invalid. Please try to resubmit the form" on the login page.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 301 ✭✭Boards.ie: Ronan

Apologies, our session box was acting up. Should be working again now.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Apologies, our session box was acting up. Should be working again now.

Getting an internal server error 500 when trying to login on desktop.

• Administrators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,727 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭hullaballoo

Session box? Is that like a hotbox with cans instead?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,083 ✭✭✭chasm

Internal server error 500 here still on the laptop.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,647 ✭✭✭✭El Weirdo

Yep. Was working for a bit but I'm getting a 500 Internal Server Error now.

• Registered Users Posts: 349 ✭✭Tipperary Fairy

Jesus lads it's just one problem after another, the last few months

• Advertisement

Loughc wrote: »
    Getting an internal server error 500 when trying to login on desktop.

Working again, thanks :)

• Registered Users Posts: 46,103 ✭✭✭✭muffler

Probably around 7/10 times when I click on a email link or just click on a thread heading in any forum I am continually getting blank pages with no error messages and I have to refresh the page constantly. This has been happening yesterday and today.

Its a complete pain in the arse tbh. Im getting a little tired of hearing all the "we're working on it" and "it will be sorted shortly" excuses yet its just one problem after another. How long has this been going on for now.....6 months, a year???? and we don't seem to be any further forward.

Thanks for the report muffler.
    We have had a few issues recently which is not completely out of the ordinary with a site this size with thousands of users online at any given time. Your issue is not something I can look into myself so I will have to ask the tech team to have a look and report back here. Thanks.

muffler wrote: »
    Probably around 7/10 times when I click on a email link or just click on a thread heading in any forum I am continually getting blank pages with no error messages and I have to refresh the page constantly. This has been happening yesterday and today.

Its a complete pain in the arse tbh. Im getting a little tired of hearing all the "we're working on it" and "it will be sorted shortly" excuses yet its just one problem after another. How long has this been going on for now.....6 months, a year???? and we don't seem to be any further forward.

Can you post what browser and version of it you are using and a few URLs of threads you were trying to access when this happens?
    Thanks muffler.

ETA: if you can also go to this page http://www.boards.ie/diagnostics and copy and paste the info into a PM or an email to hello@boards.ie that would be helpful too.

Can you post what browser and version of it you are using and a few URLs of threads you were trying to access when this happens?
    Thanks muffler.

ETA: if you can also go to this page http://www.boards.ie/diagnostics and copy and paste the info into a PM or an email to hello@boards.ie that would be helpful too.
    Niamh, Im using IE version 11.0.9600.18426. Tbh I cant recall what posts I viewed yesterday that caused the issues as it was hit and miss really but as an example a little while ago I was viewing this post - http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057637102 and when I clicked on the DIY forum tab - http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=116 I got a blank page again. Apologies, but for whatever reason I cant use the hyperlink in IE.

There is a considerable improvement today though.

Oh, I emailed the data to hello@boards.ie and marked it for your attention.

Thanks for your time

• Registered Users Posts: 28,957 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

Earlier today, when trying to post in the soccer forum, I was getting a cloudfare error message telling me I had no access to post and I needed to e-mail the owner of the website to get access. It was fine for other forums, and seems to be fine now. There was a code that it was asking me to e-mail to the owners but I never copied it.

• Registered Users Posts: 42,088 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

Synode wrote: »
    Whenever I click the button to go to the last post in a thread it goes to it for a second then jumps to a post further up (and stays there). Is this happening anyone else? I think it might only be in some threads that it's happening

This is happening to me too.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,754 ✭✭✭flyingsnail

Getting some 520 errors this morning
    Web server is returning an unknown error

Ray ID: 2da759c89f46298d • 2016-08-30 09:52:35 UTC

Error 521 Ray ID: 2da77b1892e7299f

• Advertisement

Rónán tells me they are making a few changes behind the scenes today so there will be some intermittent errors while they do that I'm afraid.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement