Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What is wrong with the site? (Please read updated post #1)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,920 ✭✭✭cee_jay

Hi Mark, I'm also on Android. It works when using Incognito.
    Screenshot of error message attached.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,235 ✭✭✭✭km79

yes works in incognito mode

• Registered Users Posts: 18,174 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

Emails not coming in until 3-4 hours after something is posted in a thread.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,789 ✭✭✭Alf Stewart.

Vodafone issues have returned.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,359 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

Ah feck, have they? :mad:

I'll be on mobile data later today. That's a pain.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 42,088 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

Got a Cloudflare error just there.

Error 521 Ray ID: 2f43ad4747bc29a5 • 2016-10-19 10:51:48 UTC

• Boards.ie Employee Posts: 12,597 ✭✭✭✭✭Boards.ie: Niamh
    Boards.ie Community Manager

Carnacalla wrote: »
    Emails not coming in until 3-4 hours after something is posted in a thread.

There was an issue with this yesterday but it was a temporary issue with a web node. Are you still experiencing it today?

HeidiHeidi wrote: »
    Ah feck, have they? :mad:

I'll be on mobile data later today. That's a pain.

Oh no, is it exactly the same as before, able to access the home page but getting an error when you click on a thread?

Oh no, is it exactly the same as before, able to access the home page but getting an error when you click on a thread?
    I'll report back after 3pm when I'm using mobile data.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,285 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

No error message when loading a thread- blank page- it doesn't finish loading.
    This is on Firefox, Android OS on Vodafone.
    Working fine on desktop.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,080 ✭✭✭✭Big Nasty

I'm on Vodafone and solely use touch. Can access most of my followed threads but on a number of them I'm getting a 404.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,789 ✭✭✭Alf Stewart.

It was the same error Niamh, with the same "blocked" message.

Seems to be fine again though.

Yes, I'm pleased to report that I'm typing this on my laptop while tethered to VF :)

All (back?) in working order.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,594 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

I'm getting a message from Cloudflare, whenever I go to preview or post, asking me to tick a box to confirm I'm not a bot in order to access Boards. When I tick said box I get a white page and can't access anything.

Is this just me? The post I wish to make contains a lot of numbers in it (I'm running a league over on the wrestling forum) so is that maybe why I'm being asked this?

Update: I was able to post it eventually. This was the post if anyone's wondering.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,285 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

Cloudflare block when I try to attach a PDF to a post.
    Same block with a word document.
    Trying to update the AO 2016 thread in Work and Jobs and getting blocks.
    This is on a desktop- *not* related to the Vodafone issues.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,174 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

There was an issue with this yesterday but it was a temporary issue with a web node. Are you still experiencing it today?

Yep, some take ages to come some come. immediately. Still persisting for me.

Thanks for the reply :)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,678 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

I reloaded my User CP a minute ago and got this:

399565.jpg

I logged back in and it's okay, obviously, but whew! :pac:

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,859 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

New Home wrote: »
    A few things:

1. Since yesterday evening, the drop down menus both in 'Quick Reply' and the advanced 'Reply to thread', the thread tools and the 'Search this thread' menus in the Legacy site seem to have changed. Are these going to be permanent changes?

2. The advance search doesn't seem to be working properly, this evening. The 'Posted by user' option, for instance, doesn't work (it's not searching for names).

3. For a while, now, I've noticed that certain links within IMG tags become invisible (I just see a blank text box) - another user told me it's because I'm using firefox, but the funny thing is that if I copy and paste the url in the address box then the image appears without any problems - has this something to do with the embedding 'system', as opposed to the browser, and will it be fixed?

4. For the past few months I've noticed that if I reply to a PM or a post that contains smilies and I quote it, or if I insert a smilie in a post or PM using the icons on the left of the text box (as opposed to 'typing' it), then the message gets blocked by the Cloudflare/'I'm not a robot' screen, and sometimes that returns a blank screen instead of posting my message/PM even if I click in the relevant box as requested (I don't know if I've explained it clearly enough, sorry). This is very annoying.

Thanks.

Apologies for the delay - the attachment function also stopped working for me, so I had to juggle between phone and laptop to post this. I attach a screen shot of what I see on the laptop. Thanks.

• Boards.ie Employee Posts: 5,461 ✭✭✭✭✭Boards.ie: Mark
    Boards.ie Employee

I reloaded my User CP a minute ago and got this:

399565.jpg

I logged back in and it's okay, obviously, but whew! :pac:

Hi everyone, looking into this one now. Obviously it might come as a shock to you to be informed that you've been banned, but you should have nothing to worry about (unless you've actually been banned...in which case it's time to visit Prison).

Temporary solution is to log in to your account once again.

Big Nasty wrote: »
    I'm on Vodafone and solely use touch. Can access most of my followed threads but on a number of them I'm getting a 404.

Those threads should work in incognito mode (I'm going out on a limb here to assume you're on Chrome), but looking for a more permanent fix.
    I'm getting a message from Cloudflare, whenever I go to preview or post, asking me to tick a box to confirm I'm not a bot in order to access Boards. When I tick said box I get a white page and can't access anything.

Is this just me? The post I wish to make contains a lot of numbers in it (I'm running a league over on the wrestling forum) so is that maybe why I'm being asked this?

Update: I was able to post it eventually. This was the post if anyone's wondering.

Will make a note of this in case others run into issues too. Can you let us know if it happens again?
    New Home wrote: »
    Apologies for the delay - the attachment function also stopped working for me, so I had to juggle between phone and laptop to post this. I attach a screen shot of what I see on the laptop. Thanks.

Will get onto the tech guys about attachments (for you too, The Conductor). I appreciate the juggling, New Home, but by any chance do you have a larger image? (Sorry :) )

Finally, going to bug the guys again about delayed e-mails about notifications.

I've a feeling they're going to love me today!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,937 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

site is hanging waiting for Google Analytics, pages never finish loading, just started today.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,859 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

I appreciate the juggling, New Home, but by any chance do you have a larger image? (Sorry :) )

Whoops, sorry Mark, I didn't realise the image was soooo tiny, it looked ok on the phone... I'll try again.

Hopefully this will work.

EDIT: It seems legible now. Just to clarify, that's a screenshot of two different screens, the top half is the 'quick reply', the bottom half is the 'advanced' version. The parts with 'thread tools', 'rate this thread' and 'search this thread' used to be at the top of the page.

Also, just to clarify, I cannot attach anything from the laptop (Firefox 47.0.1) and the search doesn't allow me to search by username (I can type it, but the system doesn't look for it).

Thanks.

Boards.ie Employee

That is much clearer. What skin are you using?

Have added the advanced search issue to a buglist. Haven't heard anything further yet, but will keep you posted.

Thanks Mark. I'm using the basic white and blue skin.

• Registered Users Posts: 58,456 ✭✭✭✭ibarelycare

New posts not showing in threads for me, or else threads showing that they have new posts when I've already read them. This is just happening the last few mins on legacy site using Chrome. Anyone else?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,350 ✭✭✭Melodeon

New posts not showing in threads for me, or else threads showing that they have new posts when I've already read them. This is just happening the last few mins on legacy site using Chrome. Anyone else?

Yep, getting exactly the same behaviour.
    Using Default Theme in Chrome.

Boards.ie Employee

I also hit this issue with your post - have flagged it. Site doing some odd things today.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,202 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Got a 404 trying to access this page!. Android on chrome

• Advertisement

Same as that.
    Posts all over the place, few 404 messages also

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement