Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What is wrong with the site? (Please read updated post #1)

Options

Comments

• Boards.ie Employee Posts: 5,461 ✭✭✭✭✭Boards.ie: Mark
    Boards.ie Employee

If you're having issues with latest posts (not seeing them, nothing new listed under My Forums view, possibly incorrect notifications), we're having some replication issues with active db nodes right now.

Boards.ie Employee

If you're having issues with latest posts (not seeing them, nothing new listed under My Forums view, possibly incorrect notifications), we're having some replication issues with active db nodes right now.

The slacker has been removed from the stack, which should resolve this.

Will continue to look into the other issues though. A temporary workaround for a 404 error is to open the page in Chrome's Incognito mode.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,455 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

i'm getting very delayed email notifications from subscribed threads. im wondering is it related to the issue highlighted in post #2778? thank you

• Registered Users Posts: 8,398 ✭✭✭Gadgetman496

Wanderer78 wrote: »
    i'm getting very delayed email notifications from subscribed threads. im wondering is it related to the issue highlighted in post #2778? thank you

Getting them on the desktop version since yesterday too.

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

Boards.ie Employee

Wanderer78 wrote: »
    Getting them on the desktop version since yesterday too.

Seems to be unrelated, but will keep looking at this.

• Advertisement

I reloaded my User CP a minute ago and got this:

399565.jpg

I logged back in and it's okay, obviously, but whew! :pac:
    I just got that as well, it's as if the log on screen has been swapped for the Banned screen

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,475 ✭✭✭Elliott S

399565.jpg

Just got that too. Was rather upset. :(

Elliott S wrote: »
    Just got that too. Was rather upset. :(
    Yeah! it's definitely one of those WTF moments, until you see the signup - login banner.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,475 ✭✭✭Elliott S

Yeah! it's definitely one of those WTF moments, until you see the signup - login banner.

I was racking my brains trying to think what I did! Then I checked the banlist, saw my name wasn't there and realised it was a glitch. It's very off-putting.

Boards.ie Employee

Trying to replicate the above. Currently we can do it when trying to access a private thread / forum while logged out, indicating that the wrong error message is being presented.

Are there particular forums that seem to result in this issue? Are they private?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

Mine was likely a private forum

Mine was simply restarting the session after the PC was in suspend, usually the session restarts or goes to the login screen.
    The other night was (hopefully) a one off.

Running Ubuntu 16.04 & firefox.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

399565.jpg

I got this too earlier today but I was logged out and went directly to;
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/subscription.php?do=viewsubscription

Once I navigated away to other pages (still logged out) I got no error.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,380 ✭✭✭STB.

Trying to replicate the above. Currently we can do it when trying to access a private thread / forum while logged out, indicating that the wrong error message is being presented.

Are there particular forums that seem to result in this issue? Are they private?

Mark. Its happening with open forums.

It happens when you are reading a thread whilst logged out and click the QUOTE button.

Instead of bringing up the login username and password dialogue box, you get that message about being banned.

Firefox 49.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,349 ✭✭✭naughto

Not getting any email notifications from boards at all from any thread or form I post in ???

Same issue here. I was automatically logged out and when I tried to access http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/usercp.php I received the banned notification. I logged in via the top left and it loaded normally.

Looks like the banned message is being presented rather than the login page.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 301 ✭✭Boards.ie: Ronan

naughto wrote: »
    Not getting any email notifications from boards at all from any thread or form I post in ???

Hi,

It would look like the email account that you have registered with boards has ended up in our email blacklist. Usually this is because that account was was either bouncing mails back to us or you have our email address flagged as spam. If you can confirm that either of these is not the case then I can remove your entry from the blacklist.

Boards.ie Employee

Karsini wrote: »
    Looks like the banned message is being presented rather than the login page.

Thanks. Have passed this along and will keep ye updated.

Boards.ie Employee

Rolling out a new database setting, which will hopefully resolve this issue, but could take some time to filter through. Will be following up on it in the morning.

Boards.ie Employee

Rolling out a new database setting, which will hopefully resolve this issue, but could take some time to filter through. Will be following up on it in the morning.

This seems to have done the job for me. But if anyone is still getting the Banned message, please let me know.

• Advertisement

I got BANNED message today. Banned "permanently in jail" it said. "for no reason " was at the bottom of the message!
    I had to laugh - it was so funny! Then I clicked out of it completely and tried to login again as though I wanted to leave a comment and it worked.

Boards.ie Employee

I got BANNED message today. Banned "permanently in jail" it said. "for no reason " was at the bottom of the message!
    I had to laugh - it was so funny! Then I clicked out of it completely and tried to login again as though I wanted to leave a comment and it worked.

Glad you saw the funny side! Sorry about that. Do you know what time it happened to you at?

Glad you saw the funny side! Sorry about that. Do you know what time it happened to you at?

about 11.30am or midday today :o

Boards.ie Employee

about 11.30am or midday today :o

Hmmmm, that's later than we would have expected people to keep seeing this error. Thanks for letting me know.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,507 ✭✭✭✭Cookie_Monster

avatar pics have been broken for the last day or so

• Registered Users Posts: 10,454 ✭✭✭✭thesandeman

New one for me:
    Sending a PM. Was told to fill in the Subject and Message fields (which I had).
    Tried again and was told my recipients inbox was full.
    Touch and Android5 I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 58,456 ✭✭✭✭ibarelycare

New one for me:
    Sending a PM. Was told to fill in the Subject and Message fields (which I had).
    Tried again and was told my recipients inbox was full.
    Touch and Android5 I think.

Maybe their inbox is full...?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,411 ✭✭✭Avada

Hey guys, getting some 404 errors this morning and last night.

Edit:

Samsung Galaxy S5, using the touch site on Chrome with Android Marshmallow.

Boards.ie Employee

Avada wrote: »
    Hey guys, getting some 404 errors this morning and last night.

Edit:

Samsung Galaxy S5, using the touch site on Chrome with Android Marshmallow.

Unfortunately, this is something we're still trying to work out. However, a quick workaround is to use incognito mode and that seems to fix things. Sorry about that.

• Advertisement
    Boards.ie Employee

avatar pics have been broken for the last day or so

What browser are you using, what version of the site, and what OS are you running? Thanks.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement