Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What is wrong with the site? (Please read updated post #1)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,454 ✭✭✭✭thesandeman

Maybe their inbox is full...?

Yep. But why did it tell me I hadn't filled in the subject and message fields?

• Registered Users Posts: 24,507 ✭✭✭✭Cookie_Monster

What browser are you using, what version of the site, and what OS are you running? Thanks.

latest firefox on legacy on a couple of different machines, windows10 and XP
    (all fine again now)

On my tablet last night boards was constantly causing the internet to crash too, that's never happened before. Galaxy 10.1 with whatever the default internet app is

• Boards.ie Employee Posts: 5,461 ✭✭✭✭✭Boards.ie: Mark
    Boards.ie Employee

latest firefox on legacy on a couple of different machines, windows10 and XP
    (all fine again now)

On my tablet last night boards was constantly causing the internet to crash too, that's never happened before. Galaxy 10.1 with whatever the default internet app is

Could you keep us posted on the second point. Could be just unfortunate timing or your browser running aground - a restart of the device might sort it. We can't really think of a reason as to why this would happen, but if it keeps happening please let us know.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,647 ✭✭✭✭El Weirdo

Unable to login on desktop now. Not even sure how I was logged out, tbh.

Anyway getting a 503 Backend fetch failed error when I click login button.

Edit: Actually, I can get to the login page but when I try to log in, I get to a page titled, "Oops, there was an unexpected error".

• Registered Users Posts: 46,103 ✭✭✭✭muffler

El Weirdo wrote: »
    Unable to login on desktop now. Not even sure how I was logged out, tbh.

Edit: Actually, I can get to the login page but when I try to log in, I get to a page titled, "Oops, there was an unexpected error".
    Logged in myself from a desktop (Firefox) and no probs. Just tried IE there also and its fine too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,647 ✭✭✭✭El Weirdo

muffler wrote: »
    Logged in myself from a desktop (Firefox) and no probs. Just tried IE there also and its fine too.
    Working again now.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,507 ✭✭✭✭Cookie_Monster

Could you keep us posted on the second point. Could be just unfortunate timing or your browser running aground - a restart of the device might sort it. We can't really think of a reason as to why this would happen, but if it keeps happening please let us know.

has been fine since actually, just that one day. It was only boards that was crashing it, other sites were fine. Maybe one of the adds? Worked fine for a couple of pages each time and then crashed out.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,354 ✭✭✭jprboy

El Weirdo wrote: »

Got that too some time after 22.00 but am in now

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭Foresty

I don't get all the complaining on here, does no other site ever go down/not work for a min with ye or what??

Couldn't log in for a second their - "Well feck that, where's that fecking feedback forum?"

?

• Registered Users Posts: 22,312 ✭✭✭✭Esel

Foresty wrote: »
    I don't get all the complaining on here, does no other site ever go down/not work for a min with ye or what??

Couldn't log in for a second their - "Well feck that, where's that fecking feedback forum?"

?

It's not complaining - it's feedback...

Not your ornery onager

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,584 CMod ✭✭✭✭Steve

Esel wrote: »
    It's not complaining - it's feedback...

:D

There's a fine line....

Boards.ie Employee

Morning all,

Responsive nodes got a little stressed last night - they've since been reassured that they're doing a good job and have calmed down again. Things should be smoother today, but sorry about that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,387 ✭✭✭D0NNELLY

When i click on the Tickets forum, it links to the ticket sales category on adverts.ie

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,584 CMod ✭✭✭✭Steve

D0NNELLY wrote: »
    When i click on the Tickets forum, it links to the ticket sales category on adverts.ie

That's normal afaik. There is no tickets forum on boards.

Steve wrote: »
    That's normal afaik. There is no tickets forum on boards.
    lol :D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 14,526 ✭✭✭✭Darkglasses

Site borked for anyone else? I'm getting randomly dropped onto a blank page that only says "manage attachments".

Using chrome

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭Foresty

Grand here

• Registered Users Posts: 3,129 ✭✭✭PucaMama

Has the bad language filter been turned off

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,160 ✭✭✭Felix Jones is God

PucaMama wrote: »
    Has the bad language filter been turned off

****?

Edit...No

• Registered Users Posts: 6,467 ✭✭✭h3000

****?

Edit...No

HaHa

0118 999 881 999 119 725 3

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,129 ✭✭✭PucaMama

h3000 wrote: »
    HaHa

Cock

Wow. Mild swears allowed. Arse.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,594 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

I'm getting a message from Cloudflare, whenever I go to preview or post, asking me to tick a box to confirm I'm not a bot in order to access Boards. When I tick said box I get a white page and can't access anything.

Is this just me? The post I wish to make contains a lot of numbers in it (I'm running a league over on the wrestling forum) so is that maybe why I'm being asked this?

Update: I was able to post it eventually. This was the post if anyone's wondering.
    Will make a note of this in case others run into issues too. Can you let us know if it happens again?

Hi, it just happened to me there a few moments ago.

I was again posting in the league I'm running on the wrestling forum which is what happened last time I ran into that.

This was the post.

It's a pretty large post with a lot of numbers so maybe that's why they thought it was a bot posting? This time I ticked the box to confirm I wasn't a bot and it let me post without issues.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,526 ✭✭✭✭Darkglasses

I am also having a problem where the box separating main forums from sub forum where it says "Thread/thread starter" keeps growing bigger and bigger every second. I would attach an image, but if I "go advanced", I just get a blank screen saying "manage attachments".

PucaMama wrote: »

Cock

Wow. Mild swears allowed. Arse.
    but ******s is blocked (it's not even a swear word, it's a food!)

Boards.ie Employee

Site borked for anyone else? I'm getting randomly dropped onto a blank page that only says "manage attachments".

Using chrome
    I am also having a problem where the box separating main forums from sub forum where it says "Thread/thread starter" keeps growing bigger and bigger every second. I would attach an image, but if I "go advanced", I just get a blank screen saying "manage attachments".

Would you take a screenshot and send by PM please? Or a series of screenshots may be necessary from the sounds of things.

Testing.....CloudFlare Ray ID: 2fc0f3adf027299f

Had a big long reply typed for posting else where and keep getting these CAPTCHA thingymabobs so unable to post it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Fred Swanson

This post has been deleted.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,415 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

Error 503 Backend fetch failed.

Guru Meditation:

XID 143925289

Chrome on Android.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,235 ✭✭✭✭km79

had to go incognito for last week or so until early this week
    back to normal for 3 days
    had to go back to incognito again last night
    android

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,080 ✭✭✭✭Big Nasty

Experiencing 404's again on the Touch site (Android / Chrome / Vodafone). I'm pretty sure hitting 'responsive site' by mistake is causing the problem.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement