Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What is wrong with the site? (Please read updated post #1)

Options

Comments

• Boards.ie Employee Posts: 5,461 ✭✭✭✭✭Boards.ie: Mark
    Boards.ie Employee

JCX BXC wrote: »
    Mobile login still failing, any chance of a look into this problem?

Sorry, to follow up on this, what OS and browser are you using?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,967 ✭✭✭Synode

Just tried to look at a member's posting history (in a specific forum) and got redirected to the advanced search. Happened twice but the third time it worked as normal. Using Chrome

• Registered Users Posts: 28,957 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

Just browsing using Firefox, and every single page I tried with the exception of the main home page was loading blank, as in just all white - nothing. Have to go in a private window to be able to get in here.

Seems there are constantly problems lately, and every "fix" just leads to more problems.

Just browsing using Firefox, and every single page I tried with the exception of the main home page was loading blank, as in just all white - nothing. Have to go in a private window to be able to get in here.

Seems there are constantly problems lately, and every "fix" just leads to more problems.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,859 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Just clicked on 'view last unread message' on this thread, and it brought me to the 19th of October. I'll see if it does the same with other threads.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,690 ✭✭✭✭Skylinehead

Having issues with forum displays (legacy), just shows a blank page. Working now I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,487 ✭✭✭Mountjoy Mugger

Can only read posts on mobile. Chrome and IE11 leading nothing after home page on Win 7 desktop.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,859 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

^^^
    Yep, got that, too, earlier on - EDIT: The blank page, I mean. And it seems that the duplications are continuing.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,487 ✭✭✭Mountjoy Mugger

Seems to be working as normal again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Place is shagged again isn't it? Blank pages ahoy.

• Advertisement
    Boards.ie Employee

A couple of things seem to have fallen over at once. Blank pages should be sorted, so ye can get back to being distracted from work...whereas it means I now have to do stuff :D

Tech guys working to get to the root of the cause of the duplicate posting and slow loading. One of those days...

Boards.ie Employee

A couple of things seem to have fallen over at once. Blank pages should be sorted, so ye can get back to being distracted from work...whereas it means I now have to do stuff :D

Tech guys working to get to the root of the cause of the duplicate posting and slow loading. One of those days...

LOL. Duplicate posts are still an issue it seems :D

Boards.ie Employee

Quazzie wrote: »

rxzNBzkh.jpg

You're right. We didn't see anything. Twice. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 65,423 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

Seems to be worse today than yesterday. Slow posting, slow refreshing, error messages and most quick reply posts are duplicates. Tried several PCs, all running Windows 10 Pro X64 latest version. Tried both Edge and Chrome, was the same.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 4,341 Mod ✭✭✭✭TherapyBoy

Quazzie wrote: »

It's finally happened. Boards has become self-aware & is actively trolling its own staff members.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 44 Boards.ie: Andres

Hi folks, regarding the duplicate issues we were as shocked as you when this started happening as we haven't either pushed any code changes live nor have made any major infrastructure changes recently. So far we have spotted that when this happens our load balancers trigger two `POST` requests a few seconds apart from each other for the same post which in turn is processed by two different web nodes causing the duplicate entry. Looking deeper into the actual content we spotted that there's a extra blank at the end of the text. We are not sure how this is originated, one guess is that the browser might be making the reply request twice, can be something else.
    We'll keep looking into this and try to deliver a fix as soon as possible, we'd appreciate if you can post here links to the duplicate posts, and which browser and version you were using when this happened as would be very helpful for us.
    Sorry for the inconvenience and have a good weekend.

I'm on the desktop version of the legacy site, and I'm using Firefox 49.0.2. If you need examples of duplications, some of my posts on this thread were duplicated earlier today (I deleted them, though). Thanks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 44 Boards.ie: Andres

Thanks New Home, we'll check it out.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,797 ✭✭✭✭hatrickpatrick

The search hamster is drunk again. Someone give him some Andrews.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 681 ✭✭✭Mr. FoggPatches

Database has taken Valium.
    Error when trying to post.

This is a new one - another poster and myself posted on a private forum at 20:21 - our post got duplicated and 'alternated' at the same time.

I'll send you a PM of the thread/posts in question.

• Registered Users Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

Posts double posting, mainly when using the Quick Reply function.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,766 ✭✭✭Bongalongherb

The site seems ok now, but it was really bad earlier today, very slow and sometimes login failed.

I'll take that back. Sending a post takes 25 seconds, random send times it seems.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 965 ✭✭✭Thelomen Toblackai

Error 524 timeouts trying to post now.

Edit: Still actually posted despite throwing the timeout error...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

Crazy slow replying via touch. Dolphin browser via fibre and 4G

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,766 ✭✭✭Bongalongherb

I thought cloudflare had control of the security of the site, it does seem like a ddos attack again, it's acting the same as it did a few months ago.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 161 ✭✭OCEANIC FIZZY POP NINE

No bother here at all on legacy or touch lads.

• Advertisement

Just got another one of these about a minute ago:

Error 520 Ray ID: 30050475a42b0e1e • 2016-11-11 22:00:30 UTC
    Web server is returning an unknown error

and 'http://downforeveryoneorjustme.com' said 'It's not just you! http://boards.ie looks down from here.'

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement