Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What is wrong with the site? (Please read updated post #1)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 86,529 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

New Home wrote: »
    Just got another one of these about a minute ago:

Error 520 Ray ID: 30050475a42b0e1e • 2016-11-11 22:00:30 UTC
    Web server is returning an unknown error

and 'http://downforeveryoneorjustme.com' said 'It's not just you! http://boards.ie looks down from here.'

Me too only Error 524 on Google Chrome

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Chrome on Win7 when posting just 2 mins ago, first error I've seen in a while
    Database error
    The boards.ie database has encountered a problem.

And when try to post this post I got
    Error 524 Ray ID: 3009b94dc3850cb3 • 2016-11-12 11:44:40 UTC
    A timeout occurred

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 161 ✭✭OCEANIC FIZZY POP NINE

It does. Building work behind a debenhams.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

Replies are very slow. I've discovered that if I post a reply and it's slow to load, if I just click back onto the front page the reply posts anyway

Using android on touch

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

Just did the above twice with these two posts

• Registered Users Posts: 42,088 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

Posting taking ages, especially quick reply. Noticed the problems surfacing early yesterday. Using Chrome on Windows 7.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

+1.

Cloudfare timeouts last night, today I've seen the classic punbb/whatever it is 500x300 db error page.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,420 ✭✭✭✭athtrasna

Millions (*slight exaggeration) of duplicate posts in last 48 hours

• Registered Users Posts: 10,577 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

Yeah ive been getting issues on touch on android and on my Macbook Air since yesterday...

Sometimes when I click to see all my posts I get zero results, not all time, my replies are taking ages and sometimes coming in double post's, I assumed it was DDoS or something going on...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

Site is ****ed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,766 ✭✭✭Bongalongherb

Just use the main 'Post Reply' button and it won't duplicate. It's like last time, if you use the 'Quick Reply' it will double post, so just use the Main post Reply button. It only took me 4 seconds this time to log in today for the first time using firefox browser.

Just use the main 'Post Reply' button and it won't duplicate. It's like last time, if you use the 'Quick Reply' it will double post, so just use the Main post Reply button. It only took me 4 seconds this time to log in today for the first time using firefox browser.

Double posts aren't the only issues. So far today I've had posts taking 60+ seconds to submit. Cloud fare errors. Database errors. Issues uploading image on touch. Loading times seem very slow too

• Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

KERSPLAT! wrote: »
    Double posts aren't the only issues. So far today I've had posts taking 60+ seconds to submit. Cloud fare errors. Database errors. Issues uploading image on touch. Loading times seem very slow too

Last night was the same, it was headwrecking trying to post anything.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,159 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

The waiting has made me a little more zen. Well, as far zen as I'm likely to get.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,373 ✭✭✭✭foggy_lad

Still very slow with database errors.

Seems better today

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,519 ✭✭✭Flint Fredstone

I just posted in YLYL and the post isn't there on the touch site but is on the full site.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,495 ✭✭✭sioda

404s all over m. Boards

• Registered Users Posts: 22,080 ✭✭✭✭Big Nasty

I've already highlighted it but hitting 'responsive site' while using Touch on Chrome is causing issues. Have done this by mistake on my main device (sorry, android) and have had to use incognito since, just did it on another android device and it's now the same 404's. Going incognito solves same.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,466 ✭✭✭Lumi

Getting reports of missing threads on the weather forum for android/touch users
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=101658687#post101658687

• Boards.ie Employee Posts: 5,461 ✭✭✭✭✭Boards.ie: Mark
    Boards.ie Employee

Oh boy, going to poke the tech guys some more today and see if we can get everything straightened up again. Sorry about this and thanks for your patience (though I know in some cases that's like the On Hold voice saying the same and you're on the other end of the phone pulling your hair out :) )

Boards.ie Employee

HOPEFULLY the duplicate post issue has righted itself - will be keeping an eye out, but if you see duplicated posts from today, please link them.

Ronan is having a look at these missing posts on Touch site now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,748 ✭✭✭✭Lovely Bloke

Getting a Backend Fetch Failed 503 error on desktop.

Getting a Backend Fetch Failed 503 error on desktop.

Same. Desktop not loading at all

Guru Meditation XID 57048333

Boards.ie Employee

Also running into this issue myself. Have alerted the tech guys.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Error 503 Backend fetch failed

Backend fetch failed
    Guru Meditation:

XID: 74660015

Opera 12.18 and Vista (stop laughing)

Grand now

• Advertisement
  • Moderators Posts: 12,375 ✭✭✭✭Black_Knight

Im only getting Error 503 Backend fetch failed when using the legacy site. I had to <shudder> switch on the responsive site to navigate around. Got a little sick in my mouth when the homepage loaded.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement