Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Creating an interactive educational website

Options
  • 05-10-2015 12:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Hi,
    Im new to Boards, so I hope I put this in the right place!

I have an idea for an educational website and I am wondering how difficult is it to create a webpage that is interactive? Any advice on what programs to use. I have little knowledge of creating a webpage but I want to learn how. Also would it be expensive to hire someone to create it either.

Any tips or pointers would be a great help. Thanks in Advance!

Abbeylady

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 335 ✭✭donal.hunt

This might be better suited for the "Technology & Internet > Software and Web Development > Development" area...

Not clear what your niche is but you may want to look at some of the existing opensource education webtools that exist (a google search will find many more):

These would require a server connected to the Internet. These days you would probably use something like Amazon's EC2 or Google Cloud Platform to create a VM (virtual machine) that you could run your software on. There are lots of guides out there (e.g. http://tomoconnor.eu/blogish/step-by-step-aws-ec2-tutorial/#.VhRcT3UViko ) that can help you explore. Most providers have "getting started" guides you can follow (and combine with other guides) to piece together a solution.

If you wanted to write a solution from scratch, then you would need to learn a programming language and probably a framework for that language. Frameworks are designed to let you focus on the logic / functionality of your solution without having to worry about common things like authentication, security, reporting, etc. Examples would by Django for Python, CakePHP or Zend for PHP.

Hope that helps!

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.

Advertisement