Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Paying off old credit card and removing bad credit

Options
  • 05-10-2015 12:53pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 418 ✭✭

Hi there. I moved abroad 4 or 5 years ago for a few years and neglected to pay off the remainding credit on my credit card, which was one or two hundred euros I think. I have applied for a mortgage last week and I've been told I have bad credit on my record because of this. The credit card was with Bank of Ireland. Is there any way I can pay the remainder of this and have the bad credit removed from my file? Who should I speak with in BOI about this? Thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 735 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Nicola

Hi Confucius say,

Thanks for getting in touch with us here on Boards.ie

The Irish Credit Bureau maintains a database that holds information about your credit history and these details are usually held for five years after a credit agreement has closed.

While we cannot change or remove details from your report unless they are inaccurate, if you think that there has been an error with any of the information held you can request that this is rectified.

To do this, it is advisable to contact your Bank of Ireland branch directly to discuss this further.

Please let me know if I can help you with anything else.

Thanks
    Nicola

Advertisement