Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lidl food quality

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,920 ✭✭✭Grab All Association

Tesco didn't arrive in Ireland until 1997.

I'm guessing he meant Crazy Prices/Quinnsworth

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 209 ✭✭Mr.Carter

I for one dont believe you.

I put up photos, proof enough for most persons.

• Registered Users Posts: 723 ✭✭✭Luke92

Bicycle wrote: »
    Well it was brought to court - in Limerick. In the summer of 1992. It was a Tesco Own brand.

23 years ago? Think it's time to move on.

I would usually get my steaks from a butcher or marks and Spencer's. I find marks always have amazing quality meat. And again, you get what you pay for.

Luke92 wrote: »
    23 years ago? Think it's time to move on.

I would usually get my steaks from a butcher or marks and Spencer's. I find marks always have amazing quality meat. And again, you get what you pay for.

They do but most of it is British meat.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,015 ✭✭✭CreepingDeath

Mr.Carter wrote: »
    1. A Chicken product in date, which grew white spores on it whilw in the fridge.

All it takes is some careless packing of your grocery bags to puncture a small hole, especially along the side of the seal where it's not easily noticed.

Or it could happen in transit.
    So unless you're sure the package was airtight when you put it in your fridge, that can happen to any meat from any supermarket.

• Advertisement

What a silly post....
    I wouldn't like to visit your kitchen...mine does not have any "common" insects, a maggot=rotten food.
    Nothing wrong with fridge.
    So, poor meat quality is caused by prepacking...was it ok before it was packed.

It was a silly post, Srameen
    You say the problem was a "common" household bug....a maggot, for Gods sake who has maggots around their kitchen these days..
    Then you suggest the next one is my fridge...
    Then you suggest prepacked meat is the cause of poor quality....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,400 ✭✭✭ger664

Photos of the chicken have a Date of Sept 01. Care too explain ?

ger664 wrote: »
    Photos of the chicken have a Date of Sept 01. Care too explain ?

Yes...this happened around that time. Your Honour...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,532 ✭✭✭delahuntv

Makes it even dodgier for you.

1 - Why did you just happen to take a photo BEFORE you even opened the steak.

2 - The spores on the chicken are usually from poor storage. I'm guessing that you looked at it BEFORE you out it in your basket and it was fine. Hence how your stored it or how long it was from time fo purchase to time of putting it in refridgeration comes into question.

3- If you knew anything about how canned soups were made you would know that there is zero chance of any live bug being in it.

But yet, you still have no issue announcing the guilt of a large multinational store based on nothing but you own non professional thoughts.

I'm guessing you know less than zilch about libel laws!

All it takes is some careless packing of your grocery bags to puncture a small hole, especially along the side of the seal where it's not easily noticed.

Or it could happen in transit.
    So unless you're sure the package was airtight when you put it in your fridge, that can happen to any meat from any supermarket.

A lot of you are making some incorrect guesses...I returned the chicken to Lidl, don't you think I would have checked for damaged packaging. It was still fully sealed.

• Advertisement

delahuntv wrote: »
    Makes it even dodgier for you.

1 - Why did you just happen to take a photo BEFORE you even opened the steak.

2 - The spores on the chicken are usually from poor storage. I'm guessing that you looked at it BEFORE you out it in your basket and it was fine. Hence how your stored it or how long it was from time fo purchase to time of putting it in refridgeration comes into question.

3- If you knew anything about how canned soups were made you would know that there is zero chance of any live bug being in it.

But yet, you still have no issue announcing the guilt of a large multinational store based on nothing but you own non professional thoughts.

I'm guessing you know less than zilch about libel laws!

Ha ha..my god...ha ha

1.look at steak photo carefully, it's opened.
    2. Lidl didn't even try to suggest that it was my fault, I haven't ever given myself food poisoning.
    3. It wasn't a live bug...in fact show me where I said it was alive.

As for libel...I would love if lidl tried to gag me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

Then you suggest prepacked meat is the cause of poor quality....

Are you deliberately baiting or misreading?

I said prepacked meat is often poor quality, not that prepackaging causes poor quality meat. What an absurd interpretation!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,645 ✭✭✭Melendez

This post has been deleted.

Are you deliberately baiting or misreading?

I said prepacked meat is often poor quality, not that prepackaging causes poor quality meat. What an absurd interpretation!

Careful now...libel and all ;-)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,532 ✭✭✭delahuntv

Ha ha..my god...ha ha

1.look at steak photo carefully, it's opened.
    2. Lidl didn't even try to suggest that it was my fault, I haven't ever given myself food poisoning.
    3. It wasn't a live bug...in fact show me where I said it was alive.

As for libel...I would love if lidl tried to gag me.

So on one shop you buy a bad steak that is in clear wrapping. You buy chicken in clear wrapping that has spores on it (from bad storage).

Both of thesee suggest you have issues with your sight.

Yet then you happen to spot a tiny bug in a large bowl of soup which suggests you have brilliant eyesight.

Then you happen to just photograph everything before and after.

Just doesn't add up to me or most others.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

Careful now...libel and all ;-)

That did not answer my point. I did not, as you assert, state that packaging causes poor quality.

So on one shop you buy a bad steak that is in clear wrapping. You buy chicken in clear wrapping that has spores on it (from bad storage).

Yet then you happen to spot a tiny bug in a large bowl of soup which suggests you have brilliant eyesight.

Logical explanation here. He probably bought two tins of soup and opened one and disposed of the can. Took out the other tin of soup from the press and took a photo of it.

The spores were in development on the chicken when he bought it.

Bad steak could have been hidden behind the label or the good steak.

Really....you're seriously asking these questions..if you read all the posts these have been answered, you are making a fool of yourself by asking them again....but I'll help you anyhow.

1. Chicken was fine when purchased, I go to cook it the following day, spores have appeared. It was stored in my fridge correctly and wrapper was intact.
    2. The bad steak was hidden behind the product sticker.
    3. The maggot in the soup was seen by my child.

Photographs are taken after steak and soup were opened, chicken was unopened.

Yes...I have 20/20, eyesight :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,166 ✭✭✭witchgirl26

I shop for most of my day to day stuff in Lidl and find it great. I did have an issue with some chicken from there before not being right but to be honest I think that was more down to it being potentially left out of refrigeration too long. Went back to them & got my money back. No harm no foul. Same thing could have happened in any other supermarket.

OP - honestly I think it's all about perspective here. How much other food have you bought in Lidl that was ok? And how much food that you've bought in other shops that has not been. It happens everywhere. And yes it should be highlighted but it's not necessarily Lidl's fault if it's canned soup or pre-packaged meant - it is the supplier that they have gotten it from. Lidl, or any other supermarket, isn't going to check every can of soup. If it was fresh produce from there then fine but realistically your gripe here is with the manufacturers not the supermarket.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

@Mr.Carter - you have already been warned to post civilly towards other posters.

Thread closed

dudara

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement