Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Looking for advice on a Mocha Porter

Options
  • 05-10-2015 5:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,475 ✭✭✭

Looking for advice on a Mocha Porter

"Mocha Porter 20Lt 6.2% EBU 44
    5Kg English Maris Otter
    240g Chocolate Malt
    240g Black Malt
    240g Crystal 225 EBC
    60g Fuggles @60 min
    120g of Costa Rican Coffee added at flameout (20 min steep)
    Safale s-04"

I'm looking to add cocoa nibs but I'm not sure how much or when to add, I also have some lactose hanging around and wondering should I add some ?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

Don't bother steeping the coffee, you'll get astringency issues after awhile. Give it 5 days primary/seconday before bottling and just steep whole beans.

You can add the nibs @15mins and throw some more in before bottling if you wish. 1-2 ounces is usually enough

• Registered Users Posts: 299 ✭✭Hingo

I've heard of people cold brewing the coffee in a fridge over night, then just adding the coffee minus the grounds... maybe an alternative if you want to keep your beer clear.. Might be worth using clean bottled water / boiled & chilled tap water to be safe.

Advertisement