Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where to watch Ireland vs. Germany in Chicago

Options
  • 05-10-2015 6:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭

Gonna be in Chicago on Thursday for the match, anyone have an idea of Irish pubs(or anywhere else) that would be showing it?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,639 ✭✭✭SHOVELLER

Taking a wild guess here but try Irish bars!

• Registered Users Posts: 31,887 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

SHOVELLER wrote: »
    Taking a wild guess here but try Irish bars!

He mentioned the Irish Bars already. He wants to know which ones.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,146 ✭✭✭aaronm13

The Globe will definitely be showing it, great bar for matches and easy to get to from downtown on the brown line

www.theglobepub.net

• Registered Users Posts: 2,684 ✭✭✭FatherTed

It's also on the ESPN Deportes Channel(but in Spanish).

• Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭Anonymou

Thanks for the suggestions guys!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,569 ✭✭✭✭ProudDUB

Fado are showing it.

http://www.fadoirishpub.com/chicago/sports/?v=1444218590627

(They're showing the rugby too, if you are ok with the $20 cover charge.)

• Registered Users Posts: 48 NYC2013

I watched the Liverpool vs Utd game in Fado a few weeks back, good spot and the Guinness was good

• Registered Users Posts: 9,900 ✭✭✭InTheTrees

Its a bit late now but I just got home here in Seattle and noticed its on regular ESPN, the sports channel. So any bar in the Usa should have it on I think. Itsprobably on in your hotel room too.

For what its worth I heard them say the Ireland Poland match would be on ESPN as well.

I'd say every Fado on the planet is rocking tonight ! :D

#COYBIG

• Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭Anonymou

Got to see it in this place called The Tilted Kilt, a celtic-style hooters is the best way I could describe it :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭juicet3rry

On a slightly similar note, I'll be in Chicago this weekend and I'll be hoping to watch the Rugby QF's. It's on at 7am US time. Does anyone know if the Irish / British pubs cater for the early starts? I don't think it's on cable over there. NBC appear to be showing the SF's and Final, not the QF's.

Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,900 ✭✭✭InTheTrees

juicet3rry wrote: »
    On a slightly similar note, I'll be in Chicago this weekend and I'll be hoping to watch the Rugby QF's. It's on at 7am US time. Does anyone know if the Irish / British pubs cater for the early starts? I don't think it's on cable over there. NBC appear to be showing the SF's and Final, not the QF's.

Thanks!

Well here (Seattle) all matches are being shown live on cable.

Pay Per View Cable. And they're charging $38 per match! We have a VPN (gives you a UK IP address), so we watch it on ITV Player.

Yes, the Irish/British/aussie pubs should be showing it live at 7am.

juicet3rry wrote: »

Thanks!

Fado open early. They just won't be able to serve booze until its legal to do so.

$20 cover charge mind.

Advertisement