Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How safe is Budapest?

Options
  • 05-10-2015 7:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 405 ✭✭

Hi all ðŸ˜႒

I'm going to Budapest the weekend of November 6th. I am going over to support my fiancé and some friends in a sporting tournament. They will be training etc until late evening so I will be on my own until then to roam around the city and explore. I'm well travelled and I love exploring by myself but I've heard some reports from female friends about how they felt a.little unsafe and they were in groups. I'll be alone.
    Just wondering does anyone have any advice and experience to offer?
    Thank you

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,848 ✭✭✭bleg

I was fine but we did get scammed one night when we were very drunk.

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭Oscar_Drai

Just got back from Budapest and felt completely safe. I'd say it's pretty much as safe as any other big capital in Europe. They also tried to fool me in some place at night by giving me less change as I must've looked confused with the currency. Other than that, I would not be worried at all. Just common sense.

Advertisement