Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

iCloud storage full question

• 05-10-2015 7:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Hi guys!

Noobie here, sorry if this has been asked already but I didn't find anything about this exact problem....

So as we know, Apple automatically backup your device (mine is an iPad mini) on iCloud for safe keeping. This includes photos, videos, apps, settings etc etc.
    So my iPad was getting near the 100% point so I decided I'll take some of the old photos off and store them on my laptop. I took off about 2GB so my iPad was happy again.

The problem is, that those photos I took off my iPad are still there in my iCloud account, which is now full also (or won't save anything more).
    Plus when I go to "photos" in my icloud to try to delete the same photos it says I need to do the following:

To use Photos, go to iCloud Settings on your iOS device, tap on Photos, and turn on iCloud Photo Library. On a Mac, open Photos, go to Preferences, and turn on iCloud Photo Library.

In summary I have an iPad which is happy enough with 2GB free, but my iCloud account isn't happy - it's at 99% used. As in, the ipad and icloud aren't in sync, I took photos off the ipad but not off icloud.

Would anyone know what I've done wrong here or what I should be doing, I'm sure there's a better way to go about doing this.

Thanks!

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,679 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

If the photos are only 2GB, then the better way would be to leave them on the iPad but use iCloud Photo Library's space saving feature. They would take up very little space on your iPad while the full copies would remain in the cloud. This wouldn't solve your iCloud storage problem but surely you could find something else to delete from iCloud. An old backup or third party app might be eating up all the space.

Advertisement