Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PTSB Debit Card fraud

• 05-10-2015 10:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 40

Hi,
    My wife got a call today to say her Debit Card had been debited in an Australian Hotel by a substantial amount eventhough she hasn't been there.
    They said they would contact the fraud team. The call was cut off prematurely.
    Does anyone know what the upshot will be if the culprit is not found? Do the bank refund?
    Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,684 ✭✭✭GerardKeating

Hi,
    My wife got a call today to say her Debit Card had been debited in an Australian Hotel by a substantial amount eventhough she hasn't been there.
    They said they would contact the fraud team. The call was cut off prematurely.
    Does anyone know what the upshot will be if the culprit is not found? Do the bank refund?
    Thanks.

Depends of they find her at fault on any way. For example if her pin was used.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,115 ✭✭✭✭Nervous Wreck

It sounds very strange that the person who called wasn't from the fraud team themselves... I would get their fraud team's number from their site and tell her to call it. The fraud units for all the banks are 24 hour.

• Registered Users Posts: 40 DanTomKelly

Depends of they find her at fault on any way. For example if her pin was used.

Just got confirmation that Fraud team said her PIN wasn't used. Will she get a refund in this case?

• Registered Users Posts: 40 DanTomKelly

It sounds very strange that the person who called wasn't from the fraud team themselves... I would get their fraud team's number from their site and tell her to call it. The fraud units for all the banks are 24 hour.

Sorry, just checked it was the fraud team that called.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 602 ✭✭✭dollyk

my card was used through paypal, over time they took 200 euro, filled out forms and got a full refund, dont know how the done it tbh

They also had taken 1 euro from a different account, and the fraud team asked if i was in Australia ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 387 ✭✭zztop

Used my card at 11 and at 12.30 got a call that it had
    been used in Turkey.Fraud section of bank cancelled
    card after contacting me.Frightening:eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,426 ✭✭✭Neon_Lights

To the best of my knowledge dont banks insure fraud money and that its the card provider that chokes up the bill, in this case visa?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

To the best of my knowledge dont banks insure fraud money and that its the card provider that chokes up the bill, in this case visa?

The bank takes the hit, in the event any or all of the charges can't be recovered.

• Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭brock92

Happened my wifes card a couple of years ago. Someone bought 2.5k worth of furniture in new york and in space of 30mins was trying to buy tv's in New Zeland. All money was refunded.

Advertisement