Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Packaging material for delivering guitar

• 05-10-2015 10:56pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭

Sending my acoustic guitar to Holland as a sale, anyone know where I can get the proper sized boxes plus wrapping material etc to pack it securely?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,635 CMod ✭✭✭✭Ravelleman

Go to a guitar shop and ask if they have any boxes they haven't broken down for recycling. The best way to pad out the box is with old newspapers. Don't bother with packing peanuts, which are absolutely useless and just accumulate on one side or in one corner of the box.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭Wailin

Ravelleman wrote: »
    Go to a guitar shop and ask if they have any boxes they haven't broken down for recycling. The best way to pad out the box is with old newspapers. Don't bother with packing peanuts, which are absolutely useless and just accumulate on one side or in one corner of the box.

Thanks, would you recommend any couriers or ones to avoid even, it's an expensive guitar so I'm a tad nervous!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 625 ✭✭✭wild turkey

Dont forget to loosen the strings before packing it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,635 CMod ✭✭✭✭Ravelleman

Wailin wrote: »
    Thanks, would you recommend any couriers or ones to avoid even, it's an expensive guitar so I'm a tad nervous!

I find UPS singularly useless in general, but I've never shipped a guitar with them.

My understanding is that an Post usually works out as less than what their online shipping calculator suggests.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,043 ✭✭✭martinedwards

loosen the strings. then bubblewrap, cardboard, then MORE bubble wrap and another layer of cardboard.

I've shipped instruments all over the place and never had an issue.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭Wailin

Cheers lads.

Advertisement