Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Driving instructor

• 06-10-2015 12:43am
    Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭

Would anyone be able to recommend a patient driving instructor in the Castletroy area ?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,337 ✭✭✭✭phog

Tom O'Mahony of Shannonside School of motoring. He's not based out in Castletroy but he's one if not the best instructor in town.

• Registered Users Posts: 552 ✭✭✭RichFTW

Highly recommend Tom as well. If you have a car already, the Castletroy location is not an issue as you will have to drive out to the route you are taking the test on anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,694 ✭✭✭thesimpsons

+3 for Tom

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,203 ✭✭✭Parchment

Mike Shine jr - graduate school of motoring in Castleconnell. great guy - both my brother and i passed first go after a few lessons with him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,715 ✭✭✭dennyk

While we're on the subject, any recommendations for a driving instructor in the Limerick area who can give EDT lessons on an accelerated schedule (like, say, 6x2hr or 4x3hr over the course of a few weeks or less)? Been driving for a couple decades in the US and I'll be driving in Ireland (on my US license) for a while before I get to that point in the process, so I won't really need a lot of practice between lessons or anything (though I'm sure the lessons themselves will be helpful for learning what they'll look for on the test and pointing out all the bad habits that I've surely picked up over the years...).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,219 ✭✭✭orm0nd

Parchment wrote: »
    Mike Shine jr - graduate school of motoring in Castleconnell. great guy - both my brother and i passed first go after a few lessons with him.

utter disaster if your're a nervous beginner, talks too much sh1te ,

daughter took lessons from him & would still be on L plates if she didn't go to tom 'omahony

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 460 ✭✭Yoghurt87

orm0nd wrote: »

daughter took lessons from him & would still be on L plates if she didn't go to tom 'omahony

Have to disagree here, I was a very nervous learner and Mike really helped to put me at my ease and brought my confidence along hugely. I'd highly recommend him just going off my personal experience.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,203 ✭✭✭Parchment

orm0nd wrote: »

My brother and I were both able to drive but needed a few brush up lessons before. Mike was great - nothing but helpful and i know he has gotten many people in my area on the road.

I couldnt recommend him more and never found him unhelpful. I cant imagine him making a beginner feel nervous - he is really patient. Just my experience (along with my brothers).

• Registered Users Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭Cossax

+3 for Tom

I'd seen recommendations for him on here and personal recommendations but I wouldn't bother with Tom for the simple fact I called him and he told me he wasn't doing the Castletroy side of town and he passed me on elsewhere.

I used Ray Blake, great guy and much better than the Aviva instructor I'd had, brought me on very quickly and got the test done the first time.

Advertisement