Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Sexually incompatible?

• 06-10-2015 2:01am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

Hi, I am with my girlfriend over three years and our sexlife has become so limited that we might have sex once every two/three weeks which is starting to become a strain on me.

I've always had a fairly high sex drive but she seems to not place as much importance on it as i do.

We are considering having children in the future and I do love her but I don't think I can stay faithful in a sexless relationship.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Ned

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,798 ✭✭✭Mr. Incognito

Speak to her and see why she is retreating sexually.

Could be a quick fix, could be a natural diminishing of libido, could be anything.

Explain to her that it is important to you and that once a month wont cut it.

If she is unwilling to treat it seriously then consider the relationship

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,217 ✭✭✭pookie82

Have you spoken about it? Have you communicated that this doesn't work for you? Are you making regular advances that are rejected?

Could be the pill, could be she always had a low libido but made more of an effort at the start, could be she doesn't feel appreciated enough/sexy/confident. Has there been weight gain? A change in circumstance? Do you still make time for each other outside of the bedroom, has the romance faded?

There have been an enormous amount of threads on these boards about sexless marriages and it seems many men/women actually went INTO them in that situation and somehow expected it to change, yet despite repeated pleas and conversations it never did.

Don't be one of those men, writing here in 5 years about how you thought it'd get better but it never did.

The first step is talking about it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Talk to her about it? It's not going to fix itself. Marriage,kids and cheating will definetly not do the situation any favours.
    If you had a chat to her and see how she feels it might make it clearer. Maybe she has no idea so you can't expect her to fix anything if she doesn't know it's broken

Advertisement