Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

SKY Signal Attic

• 06-10-2015 8:03am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,056 ✭✭✭

Hi All,

I have my primary SKY box in my sitting room - connected to a HD box.

I have a second point in the attic with a regular TV signal - I had an old portable that when I connected it, brought up a few channels.

I bought a new Samsung TV for the attic but after a channel search, I cannot seem to get any channels found.

Any ideas?

Thanks,.

Conor

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,726 ✭✭✭✭The Cush

What is the second TV point in the attic connected to, aerial/satellite dish/sky box/ UPC cable?

If it was an aerial I'm assuming the old portable was picking up the old analogue channels RTÉ1/2/TV3/TG4. If this was the case these channels ceased in Oct 2012 and were replaced by Saorview.

Have you tried a digital search with the Samsung?

Further info regarding aerial setup etc. would help us to help you.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,933 Mod ✭✭✭✭icdg

The OP might come back and say what they mean by "regular TV signal", which depending on the part of the country might mean either Saorview or Virgin Media analogue, and if he means Saorview we'll move it to Terrestrial

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,056 ✭✭✭sticker

I have tried the digital search, but I think you are right, it is the analogue channels. I did an analogue search also and no joy...?

sticker wrote: »
    I have tried the digital search, but I think you are right, it is the analogue channels. I did an analogue search also and no joy...?

What is the TV point connected to?

The Cush wrote: »
    What is the TV point connected to?

NTL box on wall. But I think after looking at this that the wiring is quite messy, this might be the issue.

• Advertisement

sticker wrote: »
    NTL box on wall. But I think after looking at this that the wiring is quite messy, this might be the issue.
    When did you last subscribe to ntl/UPC? The connection to the house has probably been disconnected if you're not a subscriber.

When did you last subscribe to ntl/UPC? The connection to the house has probably been disconnected if you're not a subscriber.

A very valid point! - I am with SKY but the signal went into the portable for years. I only recently remodelled the attic so the old TV was dumped but the new TV is not picking up the old.

I suspect it is the wiring after the move though.

I've issues with wifi routing also. I really need an expert to drop out for a half hour and advise. I would pay. It seems quite daunting when you are not familiar with the options.

Is there any other old ntl point in the house where you can test the Samsung TV?

Is there any other old ntl point in the house where you can test the Samsung TV?

No - just this one. Its not a huge issue. Thanks all for the assistance, looking at the wiring, it might be this. If not, then UPC have cut the signal!

Advertisement