Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Advice on heating for new build

Options
  • 06-10-2015 10:34am
    Registered Users Posts: 1

hi all,
    I'm shortly going to be starting a new build and would appreciate some advice on whether the below is overkill or if you see any glaring issues.

We are building a 3,200 sq/foot house and be going for a high insulation spec and double glazing (not much north facing windows so hoping to avoid the extra expense of triple glazing)

My wife doesn't want radiators so we are planning to go with underfloor heating both upstairs and downstairs.

My thinking was to go with a Air source heat pump, 300L tank, solar (UV or PV not sure) on the roof (we have a garage which will be south/south-west facing) and a stove in the kitchen with a back boiler.

Questions I have is should i go for solar UV or take the plunge and go with PV. Will PV provide enough electricity (in the spring/summer/autumn) to heat the hot water enough or should i stick with the more established solar UV?

Other question i have is the air source heat pump noisy due to its fans?

thanks in advance for all replies.
    Colum.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,792 ✭✭✭antoinolachtnai

What will the heat demand of the house be? This is what determines how much heat you need. How much heat you need will in turn determine what sort of heat source is best.

Advertisement